• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

L00P

Some light manga spoilers:
latest
The season's gonna start off with that dude, innit?

nitewulf

Just finished Season 1 on Netflix. I haven't watched any anime in about a decade, started many but just couldn't continue. This is lovely, I loved it. It is everything I grew up liking about the late 80's/early 90's action anime, and yet very anti anime as well. Great deconstruction of the superhero genre. Spot on humor as well.

LordOfChaos

Just finished Season 1 on Netflix. I haven't watched any anime in about a decade, started many but just couldn't continue. This is lovely, I loved it. It is everything I grew up liking about the late 80's/early 90's action anime, and yet very anti anime as well. Great deconstruction of the superhero genre. Spot on humor as well.

Yep, it's the anime to rope your anime-not-liking friends into anime with, lol. Accessible, short, but also awesome.

psyfi

Banned
I rarely watch anime or read manga and had no clue what One Punch Man was a week ago, but I saw it on Netflix and decided to give it a shot.

H O L Y S H I T

i love it

Amirnol

I started watching recently on Netflix and love this show. I heard there was a dubbed option when it first went up but now it's been removed? Does anyone know if they are bringing it back? I don't mind subtitles but I would've really enjoyed watching this in English so I can focus more on the animation. Just a personal preference.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I started watching recently on Netflix and love this show. I heard there was a dubbed option when it first went up but now it's been removed? Does anyone know if they are bringing it back? I don't mind subtitles but I would've really enjoyed watching this in English so I can focus more on the animation. Just a personal preference.

There is a dub but I guess it was having issues on Netflix for whatever reason.

Arkeband

Banned
Took the plunge on this due to Bill Burr's rant - waited to check it out because of how the Internet over-memed it, like how Rick and Morty fans never shut up about Rick and Morty.

Love it. Hilarious and surprisingly well animated. Can't get enough of it. 10/10

Sub is so much better. Don't like the dub at all.

psyfi

Banned
Took the plunge on this due to Bill Burr's rant - waited to check it out because of how the Internet over-memed it, like how Rick and Morty fans never shut up about Rick and Morty.

Love it. Hilarious and surprisingly well animated. Can't get enough of it. 10/10
I saw a few memes here and there but never knew what it was from. I also don't care about anime or TV in general really, so I never bothered looking into it. But fuck it's awesome. I want to read the manga now. And it's gotten me interested in anime again, but I'm not sure if that'll last long, haha.

Mulgrok

This darn series is so good that I splurged on the limited edition blu-ray set, so i can see the OVAs that aren't on Netflix.

EDIT: holy cow are the sets selling out fast. dvd is on back order and the normal edition is now for sale at what I paid for the limited edition a few days ago.

IronRinn

Binged this over a few days this week after getting the set off of Amazon. Fucking loved it. It's almost like a Japanese version of The Tick.

HStallion

Binged this over a few days this week after getting the set off of Amazon. Fucking loved it. It's almost like a Japanese version of The Tick.

Season 2 will be coming later this year. You should also check out Mob Psycho 100. Same author as OPM and also beautifully animated.

BumRush

Watched the first 2 episodes so far. First one put me off (huge tonal shift after having just binge watched Attack on Titan) but I'm glad I stuck with it because episode 2 was great!

Watched the first 2 episodes so far. First one put me off (huge tonal shift after having just binge watched Attack on Titan) but I'm glad I stuck with it because episode 2 was great!

I still love his daydream sequence in episode 1. Then it reminded me that's not 100% what the anime is. Which I ended up loving even more because of it.

Alucard

Banned
Just finished episode five. I love this show, and I was never into Naruto, Bleach, Dragonball, or any of that stuff. One Punch Man has made me care about anime for the first time since Cowboy Bebop.

Ionic

I don't really expect season 2 to get off the ground until the manga has finished its current arc. That would be sufficient content for a second season. Though the webcomic is already well through this arc, the show follows the manga more and many plot points have been altered from the original webcomic.

HStallion

I don't really expect season 2 to get off the ground until the manga has finished its current arc. That would be sufficient content for a second season. Though the webcomic is already well through this arc, the show follows the manga more and many plot points have been altered from the original webcomic.

They already announced season 2 and there is more than enough content in the Murata redraw for a 12 episode season. It will most likely end at
the end of the tournament arc
If they wait for the next major arc to finish its going to take a year or more.

Alucard

Banned
Btw I love that season one is only twelve episodes. As a parent with limited free time, short seasons are my jam.

Where can I read the web comic?

theWB27

They already announced season 2 and there is more than enough content in the Murata redraw for a 12 episode season. It will most likely end at
the end of the tournament arc
If they wait for the next major arc to finish its going to take a year or more.

Is it possible they can do the next big fight since one has already written it? Im sure he can tell them how the redraw will play out, no?

That suiryu fight feels like the sea king fight in terms of being good enough to end the season.

HStallion

Btw I love that season one is only twelve episodes. As a parent with limited free time, short seasons are my jam.

Where can I read the web comic?

There are two versions. The original webcomic by ONE. Its much farther along than the anime and even Murata's version but is extremely roughly drawn, almost sketch like because ONE is a not a trained artist. Murata then offered to do a redraw which is what the anime is based on but is still behind the original by a decent amount. The Murata version also has a ton of new content including an entire new arc as well as tons of smaller changes though its all still written by ONE. The Murata version has translations and is published in the US, the webcomic you can find online pretty easily.

Is it possible they can do the next big fight since one has already written it? Im sure he can tell them how the redraw will play out, no?

That suiryu fight feels like the sea king fight in terms of being good enough to end the season.

I'm not sure where the season will end actually as there isn't really a clean end to the current arc and the start of the next though I can see the general place they would do it.

Someone on reddit edited together a punch of the manga panels and create a small animation as a sneak preview of what to expect for season 2:

suiryu_vs_saitama__animation__by_pachydermreflections-db5hcvh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom