• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Onimusha 3 Critical Training

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Out of the people on here who have beat Onimusha 3 I'm guessing at least one of you wanted to get the real ending, which means you completed critical training. I'm looking for some tips on it, namely on the Orge that swings the iron ball around. With every other enemy I can almost perfectly do it, but I don't have a clue when to attack with these guys.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Good to know, I won't bother.

As a fan of the series I'd say the game is a disappointment for the following reasons:

-They botched the voice acting, especially Jean Reno, and what's worse they tease you with his actual voice for 5 minutes in the beginning.
-Lock-on systems should keep the target and the player in view.
-Make up your mind, analog or digital.
-Nearly essential hidden items + Overly linear storyline (story moves forward after opening a regular chest?) with no backtracking = irritation.
-Feels unbalanced overall. Difficulty, weapon upgrading, story progression... something is off, feels too fast and contrived.
-I killed a boss, give me orbs before the cutscene, I earned those orbs!

But one good thing about it is the bind attack, finally a little assistance from magic without having to use 1/3 of the bar.

I hope Onimusha 4 handles things better, as it seems they're pumping up the action a lot.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I didn't bother doing those critical training segments either. Strangely enough, my first time through I received the requirements for S ranking, that was pretty cool and very unexpected. I did spam the block counter critical a lot though.

Top Bottom