• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orphan of the Machine Coming to Xbox Series X fall 2020 - Gameplay Video

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I feel the same way. I'm getting both consoles day one and plan to enjoy both but the amount of damage control from Sony fans (and everybody is allowed to be a fan) while at the same time concern trolling every Xbox thread while at the same time begging for "serious" discussion and bemoaning trolling in Playstation threads has been pretty unbearable.

Downright embarrassing even.

Exactly my point. I've survived so many console generations, and each time its the same thing. The better console fans gloat, the other console fans start posting the most bullshit reaches you can find. I was around during the whole xbox one reveal, and man, it was a mess. Utterly chaotic, with people that have no clue about how anything works posting stuff they have no idea about. Ever since the PS5 reveal, there have been countless hundred+ pages of threads here about how X doesn't matter because Y will be better, and its just awful. And then, fall back on "but playstation has the games" when that doesn't pan out.

These people are not fans of gaming, they are fans of a company. But don't you dare say anything about liking both machines, or you will be painted in an even worse light.

I've had several discussions, on several sites, with several people. I've been keeping a low profile because I'll be honest, its exhausting. How are you supposed to have a decent conversation with somebody when they say utterly insane things that just don't work the way they say. I mean look at this thread? Its a game by a single indie dev, one person, and people will chomp at the bit to compare it to whatever AAAAAAAAAAAA Sony game that had 57,000 employees work 27 hours a day to make.

People just don't enjoy gaming or technology anymore. They don't want to talk about how X and Y are both good. They NEED to tell you why their choice is all that matters, because *reasons*. Its just utterly sad. No amount of TF power or SSD speed will give some of these people a damn personality worth a damn...

Last edited:

Neo Blaster

i am not buying an xbox but i think its pretty shameful the way people are talking about this game and the developer. Watching someones time and great effort being torn to pieces because of some shitty console war is disgusting

It's not my cup of tea but i hope you do well.

If it comes to ps4/5 i will buy a copy just for the support.
Oh, boy, you didn't read all console warring BS this developer posted on Twitter, and it was even before he showed the actual game. It would have been better if it was that pirate game after all.

Last edited:
Oh, boy, you didn't read all console warring BS this developer posted on Twitter, and it was even before he showed the actual game. It would have been better if it was that pirate game after all.
Yeah, he did himself no favors with all his tweets leading up to revealing the game. Doesn't mean people need to smash him for his game. It's not my taste in games but it doesn't look awful.

Also, its clearly a one-man project so it clearly isn't indicative of the system its being designed for.

Neo Blaster

Yeah, he did himself no favors with all his tweets leading up to revealing the game. Doesn't mean people need to smash him for his game. It's not my taste in games but it doesn't look awful.

Also, its clearly a one-man project so it clearly isn't indicative of the system its being designed for.
Speak for yourself, an Ecco ripoff with a dolphin spitting fireballs looks pretty awful to me.

INC

Might as well I guess
hsTf3VC.png

Vawn

Banned
You're right. Would make a great impact on PS Now.

PS Now could go way tomorrow and it wouldn't affect me at all. Luckily, Sony is still just selling their big games like normal so they remain big budget and high quality. PS Now is kind of pointless except to play old games cheaper.

thelastword

Banned
The shit post was not enough, we needed a thread?
It's one of Series X's revealed games, shouldn't we discuss it? How is it that you guys have no problem propping up this dev and his commentary, but when it comes to his game, it's like you guys are embarrassed......Why, this is an Series X exclusive showing it's massive power over PS5....You guys should be proud...
I can see the velocity architecture and the vrs killing it in the video. How many RT cores are in use? I wonder. Is this a game build from the ground up for the console?
:messenger_tears_of_joy:
Yes, it's a ground up series X game, with no SSD and CPU bottlenecks.....It's also using the full Series X clocks and power, no variable frequency on this title....

My dude the moment you wrote 'damage control' you are done as 'insider' for ad infinitum for me -> Dev or no dev, NOW you are just a fanboy for a platform of your choosing and showing your true color for the first time. The speculations here may include posts/threads desperate to make PS5 into something they feel comfortable in buying. You can't paint a whole lot of people in the same brush, as I already know I'm buying PS5 and maybe SeX down the line, and I am sure Cerny cooked something special with PS5 so I'm not feeling threatened even for a bit about a stupid plastic box at all. I'm just trying to gauge what it's capabilities are before the games come on, and they WILL come anyway and we all will see what's what. But you lost all your credibility and authority position in my eyes, though to be honest I never put any credibility to any devs or insiders before the official announcements anyway, but now that they are both revealed we see you anyway and what you are showing is ugly as hell.

Oh btw I just care for the games and I am extremely sure Sony WWS will provide best in class AAA first party games.

You are now ignored. Good luck on your career with your attitude.
That was your first mistake, to assume it was his first time showing off who he is, maybe you have not been around for too long.....The worse thing are people who pretend they are neutral and yet every post they write, you know they are not.....I'm a PS fan, but tbh, the only XBOX console I didn't buy was the XBOX ONE....I own all XBOX exclusives on PC this gen, but I will never pretend I'm some spokesman for XBOX...….I own my preference, because the games is what does the talking...and I won't limit myself, where I cant play a few games from MS if they interest me...

The problem is the hypocrisy of some who pretend they are neutral, but then you see their constant drivebys on PS5, it's like they are so visible and transparent whilst trying to insult your intelligence…...It's similar to Dynamic Voltage Games, everybody saw through him right away......Yet I still don't understand praising the guys tweet and being embarrassed of his game.....I personally want to see Grannell's game too, the guy who said there's a staggering difference between the consoles.....I want to see what he has cooking.....

Anyways, Orphan of the Machine seems to have garnered lots of interest since the dev was so bold in talking up it's technical prowess...4K 120FPs etc...

thelastword

Banned
Guys maybe its fully ray traced, putting good use of the 12tflop- most powerful, fastest console - Xbox Series X?
Tbh, I am very impressed with what I saw with Godfall and Quantum Error, they are both 4K 60fps and I'm a big proponent for 60fps next gen, what's more impressive is that these two PS5 exclusives have very impressive physics, another aspect I've been touting for next gen and both games have been said to have impressive raytracing implementations....I've seen many XBOX fans be outright dismissive of these two games whilst propping this guy from Dynamic Voltage Games....We all know MS games won't be as ambitious as was specified by Matt Booty, with games below AAA quality and no exclusives for Series X.....If this game is what we are going to get by and large from MS, they are already in trouble, because the third party PS5 exclusives will be more than enough to wipe the floor with them visually...

Is this developed by a single developer? If so kudos to him, but this is definitely not a game I would show off on Series x lol or use as a tech demo to promote the system. Bad call.

Last edited:
Tbh, I am very impressed with what I saw with Godfall and Quantum Error, they are both 4K 60fps and I'm a big proponent for 60fps next gen, what's more impressive is that these two PS5 exclusives have very impressive physics, another aspect I've been touting for next gen and both games have been said to have impressive raytracing implementations....I've seen many XBOX fans be outright dismissive of these two games whilst propping this guy from Dynamic Voltage Games....We all know MS games won't be as ambitious as was specified by Matt Booty, with games below AAA quality and no exclusives for Series X.....If this game is what we are going to get by and large from MS, they are already in trouble, because the third party PS5 exclusives will be more than enough to wipe the floor with them visually...

I agree.

Talking about ray tracing and smaller devs working on next gen consoles, I was watching that Corteks video and he speculated that Project Awakening, originally announced for PS4, is now a PS5 title and has ray traced global illumination. It looks incredible:

tumblr_pevu2tDqaY1s05hv8o4_500.gifv

tumblr_pevu2tDqaY1s05hv8o1_500.gifv

If this is what's possible on PS5 from a smaller dev the stuff from ND, GG, SSM etc is genuinely going to be jaw dropping.

I agree.

Talking about ray tracing and smaller devs working on next gen consoles, I was watching that Corteks video and he speculated that Project Awakening, originally announced for PS4, is now a PS5 title and has ray traced global illumination. It looks incredible:

If this is what's possible on PS5 from a smaller dev the stuff from ND, GG, SSM etc is genuinely going to be jaw dropping.
That does look really good! Are there any video's on Youtube?

That looks more like eco de Dolphin to me than Metroid... But I get why they want to refer to Metroid as their main inspiration source.

But yeah, many games don't require that much power.

He is just advertising his own game.

Yes I am aware, but he specifically talked 4K/120 fps :/ It makes the system look bad to advertise a title like this and gives Microsoft a bad PR similar to the Quantum Error case on the PS5. Either way, he should of just advertised the game later instead of now. But I am sure in a few months everyone will forget that this ever existed once we see real 3rd and 1st party titles.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I like how no one cared when I made this thread about an one person indie game which is like a tech demo of Xbox Series X, the dev even stated it relies on raw compute power so cant run on PS5
There are trailers of Halo Infinite, Hellblade II and Project Mara, but people think Microsoft only has this indie game to show the power of XSX(its not even by XGS). There were more games by MS first party studios to be shown at the reveal event and E3, so we will see them soon.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I agree.

Project Mara is the real next gen ray tracing show-off.

I agree.

Dragons Dogma 2?

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

Of course you are. :pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I like how no one cared when I made this thread about an one person indie game which is like a tech demo of Xbox Series X, the dev even stated it relies on raw compute power so cant run on PS5
There are trailers of Halo Infinite, Hellblade II and Project Mara, but people think Microsoft only has this indie game to show the power of XSX(its not even by XGS). There were more games by MS first party studios to be shown at the reveal event and E3, so we will see them soon.
What you posted looks really great even though I'd just add that the dev didn't say it can't run on a PS5 just that this doesn't rely on SSD. I don't think a 15/17% diference would prevent this to run on ps5.
I think people are making fun of the dolphin's game dev simply because he was so smug about his game not being possible on Ps5 .
Don't get me wrong though if he hadn't made those comments people would've still made fun of him but way less and it would have long been forgotten since.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
I agree.

Yeah was blown away when I first saw that trailer years ago...…, it looke so great then, should look even better now....I think someone should make to discuss all the upcoming PS5 games we know of so far...….
Of course you are. :pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles:
I genuinely am.....As I've said 4K 60fps with impressive physics has already covered several bullet points for me, besides I like slashers so Godfall is right up my alley...….

CatLady

I don't like to rag on Indie devs especially if this is a 1-man show but this reminded me of a poor man's underwater Ori ripoff with the dash ability and crashing through the pillar that looks like one from Ori, although Ori doesn't shoot fireballs out of his nose.

Three

Noone cares because you're one of the people that brought up this 'real dev' to rain on the parade when big developers were showing enthusiasm

Enjoy this game I guess.

I don't like to rag on Indie devs especially if this is a 1-man show but this reminded me of a poor man's underwater Ori ripoff with the dash ability and crashing through the pillar that looks like one from Ori, although Ori doesn't shoot fireballs out of his nose.

To be fair the only similarity with Ori is these are both small indie experiences to fill Gamepass up.

Other than that this technically is prob not feasible on any other console bar the Series X and no doubt puts those good old teraflops to good use.

CatLady

To be fair the only similarity with Ori is these are both small indie experiences to fill Gamepass up.

Other than that this technically is prob not feasible on any other console bar the Series X and no doubt puts those good old teraflops to good use.

Yeah, I'm sure that's how the reviews described 90 MC score Ori. Although I can't seem to find anything like that. Instead I find masterpiece, beautiful, mesmerizing, unmitigated triumph etc. I don't see "small indie experience to fill up Gamepass" mentioned.

Shoo troll, you seem to have an aversion to the truth. Come back when you have something honest to contribute.

Top Bottom