• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orphan of the Machine Coming to Xbox Series X fall 2020 - Gameplay Video

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Noone cares because you're one of the people that brought up this 'real dev' to rain on the parade when big developers were showing enthusiasm

Enjoy this game I guess.
Because people were using the opinion of indie devs like Breakfall Games for SSD wars, so I bought the opinion of an indie dev who sided with Xbox(although I am pretty sure someone else posted him first).

Yeah, I'm sure that's how the reviews described 90 MC score Ori. Although I can't seem to find anything like that. Instead I find masterpiece, beautiful, mesmerizing, unmitigated triumph etc. I don't see "small indie experience to fill up Gamepass" mentioned.

Shoo troll, you seem to have an aversion to the truth. Come back when you have something honest to contribute.
Ori is an amazing game and though I haven't played Will of the wisps yet I am sure it is more of the same greatness. I have Gamepass and One X however I don't see myself paying for that game or even if I would know about it if it wasn't on Gamepass which is one of the main reasons of it existing -> giving indie devs as much chance as possible to be discovered. 'to fill' is a bit dramatic and unnecessary however it doesn't the change the fact the percentage of indie game titles outweighs the AAA titles.

Cygames.
A "small" developer?
Whichever side you are rooting for, it should be a courtesy to at least do some due diligence before posting an opinion.

Oh please. You all knew what he meant by “smaller” dev. In terms of notoriety. Cy Games is just getting to a point where they are making a name for themselves after Gran Blue Fantasy and Fantasy VS. They aren’t on EA, Capcom, etc. level. Stop being unnecessarily pedantic trying to catch someone in a gotcha moment.

Stuart360

Man i know so of you are hurting at the moment but some of these replies over a one man Indie game, well its a new low. 1 or 2 even getting banned over it, rightly so.
I think its time for a few days quarantine from this forum for me, for the sake of my sanity. Give it time for the pain some of you are in to die down.

Bernkastel

2,461 employees and 4 offices is not small.
Cygames.
A "small" developer?
Whichever side you are rooting for, it should be a courtesy to at least do some due diligence before posting an opinion.
Oh please. You all knew what he meant by “smaller” dev. In terms of notoriety. Cy Games is just getting to a point where they are making a name for themselves after Gran Blue Fantasy and Fantasy VS. They aren’t on EA, Capcom, etc. level. Stop being unnecessarily pedantic trying to catch someone in a gotcha moment.
After some more research, Cygames is way bigger than I thought. They are owned by CyberAgent which is really big. Cygames(not CybergAgent) alone has a lot of subsidiaries.
BlazeGames
Citail
CyDesignation
CygamesPictures
Cygames Taiwan
Cymusic
Cysharp
GameJeans
Kusanagi
LogicLinks
Scoop Music Corporation
WithEntertainment
Most of their games are for smartphones and they are definitely way bigger than Capcom. They have as much resource as any Sony first party studio.

Last edited:

Three

Because people were using the opinion of indie devs like Breakfall Games for SSD wars, so I bought the opinion of an indie dev who sided with Xbox(although I am pretty sure someone else posted him first).
Not one person mentioned any Breakfall devs there. Only someone from RAD and someone at ND. Now compare their games to this.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Not one person mentioned any Breakfall devs there. Only someone from RAD and someone at ND. Now compare their games to this.
Nope, people mentioned RAD and Breakfall games both in ResetEra and NeoGaf.
First off, anyone who says the 1X is "significantly better" instantly discredits themselves, and can no longer be taken seriously. Tflops isn't a meaningful metric or any kind of good measure for performance. 14% is negligible as it is. Diminishing returns cuts even more into that negligible 14%.

Its amazing how some keep trying to play up that 14% as some "huge difference," yet have the nerve to ignore or downplay a 129% advantage for the PS5 (ssds)

Apparently 14% is now greater then 129%.

Your post was a very bad disingenuous post in bad faith. That "Guerilla Games guy" hasn't worked at Guerilla in 20 years. Hes not even a game developer currently. And he literally has a partnership with Microsoft (and he follows Timdog on Twitter). So he is about as untrustworthy and unreliable of a source as you can ever get lol

But It's funny how that 1 account suddenly means more then the countless actual real developers all praising the PS5 more. Talk about desperately grapsing at straws.

Neither is this guy 1st party or ex-1st party

AYhoyjV.jpg

Youre trying to create your own false narratives. You are literally pushing FUD. The fact is, developers are far more excited for PS5, and theres a reason why.

And btw, speaking in regards to the other testimonials, If You want to discount the words of Sony 1st party developers, even though they are some of the greatest minds in gaming and among some of the greatest developers in gaming, then discard any and all opinions from xbox developers.

Sony 1st parties make GOTY games, so their opinions matter the most you could say

The fact that Xbox developers aren't even that excited about Xbox Hardward say something very profound in itself. Because 1x is just more of the same. All they do is tow the company line, the generic "more powerful then PS5" spiel. Meanwhile Sony developers are giddy with excitement over PS5 (and 3rd party developers as well). That says something.

Whats funnier is, people are saying "just accept reality about the tflop difference"

Yet its these people who have the most difficult time accepting the reality that the PS5 is the more talked about system, and the better designed more efficient system that has developers much more excited

Its those people who cant accept the reality that the PS5 has it's own advantages

They need to start with accepting those realities.

No one is denying a 14% difference. What most reasonable people are saying is that that difference doesnt matter and that tflops arent relevant

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Oh you mean you linked a post dated this sunday (29th March) in another thread vs your post from the 22nd of March? Was that a pre-emptive response? You must be a 'real psychic'.
Like I said, I didnt mention him first. Also, Breakfall games was first mentioned here

Last edited:

GHG

It's about time we stopped taking notice of these attention seeking "real developers" on twitter until they actually show us what they're achieving with next gen hardware.

While it's admirable that a single person is making a game here, tweets like this really aren't a good look considering what's on display:

Great Hair

Banned
================================
These videos only serve as purification of your mind, soul and eyes
================================
They have no other purpose but to cleanse your brain from ill-thoughts! Like destroying your PC, throwing it out the window because you have witness the second coming of ... watch both and you will feel much better, as a human being.

JLB

Banned
i am not buying an xbox but i think its pretty shameful the way people are talking about this game and the developer. Watching someones time and great effort being torn to pieces because of some shitty console war is disgusting

It's not my cup of tea but i hope you do well.

If it comes to ps4/5 i will buy a copy just for the support.

Yeah, +1000 to this.

Dolphin with slow, sliding janky animations...? CHECK
Shoots blue fireballs from his mouth..? CHECK
Attacked military AA guns underwater...? CHECK
Badly animated schools of fish baddies...? CHECK
Next-gen release slate...? CHECK

This is hilarious...

April Fools right?

Vawn

Banned
It's about time we stopped taking notice of these attention seeking "real developers" on twitter until they actually show us what they're achieving with next gen hardware.

While it's admirable that a single person is making a game here, tweets like this really aren't a good look considering what's on display:

Lol, that's sad. Show us what you mean by making a game that doesn't look a PS2 game brought to HD before telling us how the 1.8 TF difference is bottle necking games on PS5.

martino

Lol, that's sad. Show us what you mean by making a game that doesn't look a PS2 game brought to HD before telling us how the 1.8 TF difference is bottle necking games on PS5.

maybe he is more competent for the latter than the first ?
Those 2 things are not related at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom