• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oscars 2022 Winners List

Draugoth

Gold Member
The full list of pre-show winners (not televised) via

• Best Makeup and Hairstyling - “The Eyes of Tammy Faye”
  • Best Production Design - “Dune”
  • Best Editing - "Dune”
  • Best Original Score - “Dune”
  • Best Live Action Short - “The Long Goodbye”
  • Best Animated Short - “The Windshield Wiper”
  • Best Documentary Short Subject - “The Queen of Basketball”
  • Best Sound - “Dune”
  • Best Cynematography - "Dune"
  • Best Supporting Actress - Ariana DeBose
  • Best Animated Movie - Encanto
  • Best Supporting Actor - Troy Kotsur
  • Best International Film - Drive My Car
  • Best Costume Design - Cruella
  • Best Adapted Screenplay - CODA
  • Best Original Screenplay - Belfast
  • Best Documentary feature - Summer of Soul
  • Best Original Song - 007: No Time to Die
  • Best Directing - The Power of The Dog
  • Best Actor - Will Smith
  • Best Actress - Jessica Chastain
  • Best Movie - CODA

FO5cHnkVcAcQza1
FO5Z6dGVkAMEK7a
FO5Kin9VUAYhi_g
FO5JP4QVEAIRxQV

FO5GdsuVEAADNZJ
FO5mEXiVkAA9f4e
FO5g5aPVcAATvrR
FO5c2kUUYBAAyfl

FO5pbiVVEAA4JHa
FO5qj2JVUAMKc1a
FO5tnWtUcAA1pSp
FO5zez8VIAE_3Mc

FO55MpfVsAE7NQ0
FO56h6aUcAYGJHx
FO58lTwVsAUou8H
FO6AiNHVEAEiuBY

FO6CAXyVsAIt6st

Tweets:

Last edited:

sol_bad

Dune is definitely the best film of the year in terms of it's technical aspects. I don't think it should win film of the year though.

I have no idea what was nominated but my favourite movies of the year were The Father, No Way Home, Tick Tick Boom and West Side Story.

Cruella deserves some sort of visual award, movie looked great.

and I know it won't get any awards but Malignant was an original as fuck "horror" movie.

Dune is definitely the best film of the year in terms of it's technical aspects. I don't think it should win film of the year though.

I have no idea what was nominated but my favourite movies of the year were The Father, No Way Home, Tick Tick Boom and West Side Story.

Cruella deserves some sort of visual award, movie looked great.

and I know it won't get any awards but Malignant was an original as fuck "horror" movie.
Dune and The Green Knight are my 2 favorites of 2021

PSYGN

Dune, Encanto and Spider-Man: No Way Home are the only movies I have watched the past year. What else should I watch?

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol at how Jane fucking Chapman won for best director even though Dune won 5 other awards and her movie won ZERO other awards. Isnt the job of the director basically to supervise every fucking aspect of the movie? So if Power of the Dog's production design, cinematography, soundtrack, editing and sound design werent as good as Dune then why the fuck is she winning best director?

lol at Coda winning best picture despite only winning one other award.

Oscars have become such a joke. Ebert predicted this. He mentioned how the new/younger academy voter only thinks indie movies are worth oscars and we were going to basically have movies that no one fucking watches win oscars. Parasite, Nomad Land and now Coda. Like wtf. It's not like Moonlight, Greenbook or Spotlight were blockbusters but at least they werent indie trash like these fucking movies.

Alcibiades

I watched all the Best Picture nominees except West Side Story and Licorice Pizza. I want to watch West Side Story but at this point it's only playing in a drive-in and I'm not sure there experience will hold up compared to a proper movie theater auditorium. I have no interest in watching it on TV so I have a decision to make this week. Thankfully Licorice Pizza is still playing so I plan to catch that this week.

That aside, I think CODA was a sweet and fun film but probably not the best film. The characters were great but it seemed a little to "happily ever after". Nothing THAT bad happens in the movie and everything turns out great in the end. Drive My Car was probably my favorite of the bunch and what I would consider the best of the bunch.

ikbalCO

i always forgot how academy is obsessed with impersonation through cosplay. they love big dumb make ups and accents etc.

will smith and jessica chastain, despite being fantastic actors, are the worst possible choices to win the oscars.

i was expecting p. curz or olivia colman to win the best actress since they manage to single handedly carry their movie with their performance with out needing a reference character.

not to give oscar to andrew garfield for tick tick boom is just, like why? have they even seen that movie?

ZehDon

Gold Member
Glad to see Dune cleaning up the technical awards, but holy cow that Best Director snub is gonna sit wrong with me for years to come given how this played out.

The, apparently, best director's movie didn't win anything else? Not one other award? There's a reason Best Director and Best Picture usually go together: its hard to distinguish the individual efforts of the Director from their resulting film. This is why a film typically wins lots of awards if it wins Best Picture, and by extension, Best Director. If the acting, production, visual effects, score, sound effects, and editing are all top notch, that's usually the results of a Director's vision unifying the elements into a cohesive whole. If the movie doesn't win an award in any category... what is it, exactly, that distinguishes the Director's efforts to make them, and them alone, worth of an award? Denis Villeneuve was robbed.

Last edited:

Neff

As soon as I saw West Side Story I knew Debose had the supporting nom in the bag. She was absolutely brilliant.

Ballthyrm

And the Disney Award brought to you by Disney with the support of the 95% of the academy that didn't watch anything other than the disney movie, because it's totally only for children, GOES TO:

Disney ! (What a surprised)

It's only the 13th times in 15 years that the Disney Award brought to you by Disney went to Disney.
Don't forget to buy all the toys of said Disney movie to your children for the movies that's totally only for children.

or in other words for anyone remotely interested in animation:

rage GIF

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Here in México We flatly refuse to see the film Coda and more with Eugenio Derbez.

He is a traitor to my country.

KielCasto

Drive My Car was great and at least it won something. The Mitchells vs The Machines should have been the winner of its category.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Dune was robbed. Coda looks like indie garbage that no one will remember next year.

CODA is about a deaf family and their hearing daughter (CODA stands for Child Of Deaf Adults ... Like my daughter is one). She wants to pursue a life of her own, her big brother (who's deaf) has ideas about helping the family business but his parents won't listen, the mom is more focused on the family and doesn't want her daughter to go out into the world because she's afraid of her getting her heart broken like she did, the dad is chill and leads the fight to build a co-op for their fishing community.

Troy Kotsur, the dad, won for Best Supporting Actor and he's also the one who created the Tusken Raider sign language on The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett.

The actress who plays the daughter didn't know ASL before she was cast but learned it well enough that I thought she was actually a real CODA or grew up with ASL.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
what do you mean?

He is a celebrity, who does not love Mexico or its people, he is closely linked to the corruption of the worst presidents of my country, in addition to having participated in hotel inaugurations in territory that has destroyed the environment.

Here in Mexico and I do not love this actor.

Before I get censored or whatever happens, it's reality.

Here in Mexico we don't love Eugenio Derbez.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Okay apparantly Samuel L Jackson won an Oscar, the first in his life, and this went over pretty much everyone's head because of this slapping bullshit.

Why is he not mentioned in the OT?

Fbh

Nice to see Dune get all the technical awards. I'm ok with it not grabbing some of the bigger ones, I enjoyed it but overall found it rather disappointing after how hyped I was for it. It was a pretty good adaptation if you had read the books but I think it could have done more in terms of world building for non book readers.

My favorite movie from last year is still Pig. Both it and Nic Cage got snubbed.

The Mitchells vs The Machines should have been the winner of its category.

Yeah that one was great. But it's the Oscars, so you know they didn't even bother watching any of them and just gave it to Disney. I guess Spiderman from a few years ago was big enough IP that they at least bothered to watch it (+ it was a weak year for Disney)

Top Bottom