• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| ArcheAge - Queuing Simulator 2014

mkenyon

Banned
We have a group of 8, with 4 or 5 usually on in the evenings. Do the Freedich trade runs with one person turning in all of the packs. Then hang out and steal more as they come in. :p

I bought the Harpoon Clipper early for us to do this.

We actually stole a whole Merchant Ship from a fellow West Guild, then sunk the trade packs in hard to reach areas. That gave us 24 to use up.

hey guys, I accidentally flew into jail and couldn't get out. I didn't understand what I was doing and collected the jailer outfit. When I put on the shirt, it glitched as transparent and showed tits (yes they even painted the nipples). So I was running around smashing crates with my tits showing for like 20 minutes. After getting a pair of soccer shoes the game glitches again and deletes my boots. I started to dig for spoons after reading online on how to escape, and after about 20 minutes I finally get kicked out of the game. When I log back in I'm outside of jail and everything is back to normal.

A MidgarBlowedUp Tip: Don't fly into jail.

Ashodin

This is why I don't play females in MMOs

Also that trade pack shenanigans sounds really stressful for the opposite party.

Also we have our small ship too!

mkenyon

Banned
Also that trade pack shenanigans sounds really stressful for the opposite party.
It was one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen in a game. Went like this.

1:00 AM PST, friend gets home from drinking Friday Night/Sat Morn.

Joins us, we decide to do a trade run. As we are walking down from Solzreed Pumpkin Farm to spawn our Clipper, we see one of the largest (RP/PvE carebear scrubs) guilds with a merchant ship.

Drunk friend wants to check it out. Screws around saying he wants to pilot it. Sober friends tell him to stop fucking around. He says something about owners mark. Then he's piloting the ship.

He takes it out to sea, 5 pals on the Clipper get over on the Merchant Ship. The people on the ship say, "you have no idea what you are doing, we have huge alliances, you are all dead." We get into the war zone, and kill them all.

The only way to drop trade packs in the open ocean is to die. So we start drowning ourselves, one by one, then rezzing, in order to drop all of the trade packs. Finally the ship despawns, but we make sure it was in a totally different location than where we were dropping the trade packs. Basically kept doing big circles with it so they would have no idea.

Finally get back on the Clipper, start heading out to Freedich. They of course get their alliance going full tilt, so we have waves of 3+ clippers coming at us. They continually get wiped without us losing anyone. Kid you not. Must be PvE builds or something.

We knew we'd lose the numbers advantage bigtime if we actually landed, so we just waited a few hours until they finally gave up. Started pouring in the packs ASAP. We get spotted, but by this time, not enough people were online to respond with enough force. So we just have a few people stick around the island in stealth while the rest of the folks finish off the rest of the trade packs.

We then go and immediately change the guild name so we don't get KOS'd the next day. Good fun.

hey guys, I accidentally flew into jail and couldn't get out. I didn't understand what I was doing and collected the jailer outfit. When I put on the shirt, it glitched as transparent and showed tits (yes they even painted the nipples). So I was running around smashing crates with my tits showing for like 20 minutes. After getting a pair of soccer shoes the game glitches again and deletes my boots. I started to dig for spoons after reading online on how to escape, and after about 20 minutes I finally get kicked out of the game. When I log back in I'm outside of jail and everything is back to normal.

A MidgarBlowedUp Tip: Don't fly into jail.

Alternatively, a guildie can run up to the gate, drop a portal in it, and you can jump in the portal.

If you think that's bad, I remember being able to glitch through the eastern escape tower's wall.

Protip: To get over 60fps, you need to put it in DX9. Feels so much better.

Stephan, what server are you on?

Sorry noone posted in the thread for 2 days after my last post I figured it was dead:p
I'm on Nui (EU)

That's a galleon you have there right?
I'm saving for one too.

Sounds like you and your guild have a lot of fun, mine is pretty casual and not very organised :(

As for your protip, I have to play on medium with my potato pc and the game still stutters when it's loading areas (which is too often) despite a brand new hard drive.

Ashodin

Nah we're not posting because we're PLAYING!

Also, looking gooooooood almost Level 40 Argent (Level 38, almost to 39)

Got the final cloak from the quest, did an emblem based off my fiancee and I's symbols we like a lot:

mA5Od5f.jpg

ASGu3JS.jpg

DAMN I got back on to farm a bit before sleep and I got a thunderstruck tree out in the wild... I"M RICH BIATCH

Won

Start doing trade runs. Get a group of 5 together, and you can stack it up quickly.

Easier said than done. The guild I joined is a bit of a mess, so they kinda lag behind with many aspects of the game. But I wouldn't want it any other way.

At least I got my Farmer's Workbench now, which is 3 extra stars each day. I will get my ship.

Ferrio

Banned
Had to put down the game. Just requires way too much of a time investment to really get into the meat of the game. I sadly really wanna play it, but I can't devote the amount of time that I think the game requires. I would of loved if this was released 10 years ago while I was still in college.

I've not really got involved in the crafting, just questing and levelling at the moment. Am I missing out on something serious doing it this way? Or can I go back and do it quite easily?

I'm playing free.

Ashodin

I've not really got involved in the crafting, just questing and levelling at the moment. Am I missing out on something serious doing it this way? Or can I go back and do it quite easily?

I'm playing free.

Nope, not missing out, you can go back and do it anytime.

mkenyon

Banned
Had to put down the game. Just requires way too much of a time investment to really get into the meat of the game. I sadly really wanna play it, but I can't devote the amount of time that I think the game requires. I would of loved if this was released 10 years ago while I was still in college.
I hate MMO grinds. I got to level 50 in literally two weeks, without putting a whole lot of time in-game.

After that, it's just a sandbox. You're already in the meat.

Ashodin

Had no idea you could find a TS in the wild!

Neither did I!

I bought so far:

three APEX, paid for patron, grabbed a 50 slot storage box, extended my bag and warehouse twice, furnished my house with stuff including cooking pot for the fiancee and alchemy table for me, sent her 100g, whole bunch of other stuff... this is what rich feels like

mkenyon

Banned
So far I bought:

I don't want to talk about it.

:p

I honestly don't remember the last time I was this addicted to a game.

Ferrio

Banned
I hate MMO grinds. I got to level 50 in literally two weeks, without putting a whole lot of time in-game.

After that, it's just a sandbox. You're already in the meat.

It's not the grind, it's the part of being the community. I wanna be in a big guild that shapes the server. I don't have time for that type of interaction anymore. And I have this thing that if I can't be one of the best in an MMO, I don't wanna play it at all. Think maybe my time of playing MMOs is just over.

Ashodin

It's not the grind, it's the part of being the community. I wanna be in a big guild that shapes the server. I don't have time for that type of interaction anymore. And I have this thing that if I can't be one of the best in an MMO, I don't wanna play it at all. Think maybe my time of playing MMOs is just over.

Yeah sounds like you just don't have time for that type of playstyle.

I'm entirely happy with being unguilded and just playing with my fiancee while making temporary alliances with players

mkenyon

Banned
There's a niche for everything, seems like. That's what I love about it.

Only 8 of my gaming group playing this at the moment, but we're having a lot of success doing piratey type stuff. Don't need to fight for control of a zone to get the most out of it.

Heck, the smaller skirmishes seem like they reward skill significantly too.

The sandbox is so enjoyable.
The 5v5 arena pvp is a blast too, I really like the design of the map and the combat seems to lend itself well to 5v5 (not to 1v1 at all).

It's nice to be able to play every class/spec on one char too.

Ashodin

The sandbox is so enjoyable.
The 5v5 arena pvp is a blast too, I really like the design of the map and the combat seems to lend itself well to 5v5 (not to 1v1 at all).

It's nice to be able to play every class/spec on one char too.

The sheer amount of classes (just the naming for the combos) makes me happy.

ExVicis

Any of you cool guys on Ezi - West? I've been mostly by myself and I'm starting to hit that point where it would be really nice to play with someone else.

Vyrance

This game really is beautiful. A lot of really nice looking zones. I haven't seen much at all outside of the Western continent yet though. Especially like Sanddeep

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Sweet, I just finished my farm cart and was looking for something like this.

errrrrr there's a built-in function ingame that also shows you 75%-125% bonuses. You can find it at the bottom right under vocation -> commerce

mkenyon

Banned
Right, which that calculator has room for.

There's no info in game for showing the value of a certain trade good to and from, in direct gold numbers.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
errrrrr there's a built-in function ingame that also shows you 75%-125% bonuses. You can find it at the bottom right under vocation -> commerce

Yes but it only tells you percentages, not how much gold you'll get.

kiyomi

The way you guys are talking about this makes me want to get into it. I only played like 30 minutes of it but it felt like I was doing something wrong - I was almost dying from every encounter with a tiny bug or whatever.

mkenyon

Banned
The way you guys are talking about this makes me want to get into it. I only played like 30 minutes of it but it felt like I was doing something wrong - I was almost dying from every encounter with a tiny bug or whatever.
The game is fuggin amazing.

Sounds like you were doing something wrong though :p

mkenyon

Banned
My PvP Soothsayer build

Having better success with this than I was Death Warden and Templar. Heals + backflip/freerunner/TP/shadowstep is amazing in and of itself. Having a nice burst combo for damage is icing on the cake. Need my Hasla weapon to really make this sing though.

friday

That level 50 guide is on point. Also love the dungeon loot table.

Here's my Guide to Argent Teleporting Build

hmm, I have never heard of this class. I have been playing Darkrunner but I am not completely sure if I am digging the class. Might need to start leveling vitalism once I hit 50. I am 45 right now, but I should have 5K labor right now so tonight I will pop a one of the potions that boost the exp bonus from labor and a workmans comp and boost up to 49. Hopefully I will hit 50 by Sunday.

mkenyon

Banned
Argent was my first class, and I was digging it as well. Defense is just too stronk for PvP though, especially with auramancy.

Argent is waaaaaaaaaaay better for leveling. I'll give it that.

This is probably common sense, but I'll say it anyway. Once you hit 50, never ever ever craft with your primary trees.

Ashodin

Argent was my first class, and I was digging it as well. Defense is just too stronk for PvP though, especially with auramancy.

Argent is waaaaaaaaaaay better for leveling. I'll give it that.

This is probably common sense, but I'll say it anyway. Once you hit 50, never ever ever craft with your primary trees.

Oh yeah, for the free EXP yep.

Top Bottom