• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

P.T. and the wonderful imagination of Guillermo del Toro [Spoilers and nope!].

The random scares in the game made me scream so loud that my dad had to come investigate what was wrong...

I had to replay the game from the section where the flashlight needs to be picked up again and after that I encountered 'her' standing in the hallway in the light and it goes off, so I carefully peek around the corner only to not find her there...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152380252892620

FinKL

The random scares in the game made me scream so loud that my dad had to come investigate what was wrong...

I had to replay the game from the section where the flashlight needs to be picked up again and after that I encountered 'her' standing in the hallway in the light and it goes off, so I carefully peek around the corner only to not find her there...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152380252892620

lol, I JUST realized that it says "Don't touch that dial tone, we're just getting started!" which leads me to believe looking at the phone so early on causes this "death" and isn't as random as I thought.

lol, I JUST realized that it says "Don't touch that dial tone, we're just getting started!" which leads me to believe looking at the phone so early on causes this "death" and isn't as random as I thought.

The thing was that repeating the same section and not seeing her in the hallway...
Hence being caught off guard..

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I have a feeling that PT was likely a reworking of some of the ideas from his cancelled game inSane. I can't wait to see the creature designs from Silent Hills with him on board.

Yeah, the playable thingy don't feel like a SH game at all (not SH style of horror) so I think it's inSane rebranded. and if it really inSane then it's nice for Konami and Kojima to revive the project.

del Toro himself is just an awesome guy, I could listen to him talk about movies for fucking hours and his imagination is just incredible, but to be honest I don't know if I've outright loved any of this films.

Ethelwulf

del Toro himself is just an awesome guy, I could listen to him talk about movies for fucking hours and his imagination is just incredible, but to be honest I don't know if I've outright loved any of this films.

giphy.gif

Necrovex

I got to play PT at a friend's place last night, and I would have loved to play more of it. If that rushing scene happened to me, I would have lost it.

UrbanRats

Yeah, the playable thingy don't feel like a SH game at all (not SH style of horror) so I think it's inSane rebranded. and if it really inSane then it's nice for Konami and Kojima to revive the project.

Some elements definitely feel SH.

Like the story itself and the radio, would've fit just perfectly in a SH.
The ghost, not so much.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

This. I enjoyed Pan's Labyrinth, but didn't outright adore it. I REALLY disliked both Hellboy movies and found Pacific Rim extremely overrated.

Teknoman

I think he's referring to changing the radio station. "dont touch that dial" used to refer to changing the channel.

EDIT: Watching the Ghostwatch video to see whats up. Hey its that guy from Red Dwarf!

UrbanRats

This. I enjoyed Pan's Labyrinth, but didn't outright adore it. I REALLY disliked both Hellboy movies and found Pacific Rim extremely overrated.

Devil's Backbone was also pretty bad.
Or rather, it started with potential, but turned into a pretty laughable ghost story.

Cronos though is legit good, probably because it's weirder and wackier.

halfbeast

Banned
Del Toro's participation would be like reading a mail from Konami, saying they're doing another Silent Hill game and he replied: "cool."

that's it.

RytGear

P.T was amazing, I loved every bit of it.
I said, LOOK behind you...The realization you get when the "radio" was talking to you in present time
...So freaking good.

That bit made me stop playing, I couldn't take it anymore and had to turn the game off, PT was fantastically atmospheric especially considering you were just walking through the same hallway.

:)

pan's labyrinth is brilliant. for me, a very hard movie to not love. sad, strange, & beautiful...

One of the best movies ever made. It has so much in it. Fantasy, politics, war, step father issues, slight domestic abuse (maybe), horror aspects.

It's an incredible mix of a lot of different elements that work really well together even though they probably shouldn't

Ethelwulf

One of the best movies ever made. It has so much in it. Fantasy, politics, war, step father issues, slight domestic abuse (maybe), horror aspects.

It's an incredible mix of a lot of different elements that work really well together even though they probably shouldn't

Indeed. I loved that the terror and horror in Ofelia's mind creates a magic world that it is only for the audience to see.

Ethelwulf

°°ToMmY°°;126874595 said:
I missed the gif on the op. how did you trigger it in the game?

During the red light loop (not the crazy one) you will hear Lisa's voice. Go back to the door from which you enter each loop and you'll meet here there. At least thats how I saw her.

Calabi

He's good at horror, Mimic is a good film. I wonder if the game will feature gears somewhere, it'll have to feature a room with gears, its one of his things.

Top Bottom