• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 15, 2016

Donos

Titanfall 2 split is going to be interesting. If the versions are not far apart technically, it should still be in XB1s favor.

Hasney

Yup, no way NB is going to let this cash cow die. The game has a zealous following with double dippers galore. Each installment of Souls sells way more than the anime games (excluding DBZ) they usually publish.

Hell, probably better than Tekken looking at the last mainline games debut, although that was technically published by Atari.

Titanfall 2 split is going to be interesting. If the versions are not far apart technically, it should still be in XB1s favor.

I honestly don't think that technical performance has much to do with it unless one version is a total shit show. Just interest from the console owner base, especially week 1 where most people are buying blind.

eFKac

Ohh it definitely will be imo, expecting a wider split than PvZ GW2 in favour of the Xbone.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
What i believe is impressive is how Dark Souls III on PS4 sold at the same / if not better than BloodBorne...

I knew that the souls series was stronger than years ago, and i knew BloodBorne helped, but damn, not so much.

wapplew

Yup, no way NB is going to let this cash cow die. The game has a zealous following with double dippers galore. Each installment of Souls sells way more than the anime games (excluding DBZ) they usually publish.

NB doesn't own this cow right?

This bodes well for future japanese games.

FFXV will easily manage to get a 80/20 split.

Edit: I wonder if Bandai has the balls to make a Dark Souls without From Software.

I would have never guessed that sales would be so skewed towards PlayStation 4 even if most Souls fan already had the console because of Bloodborne.

[Week 14, 2015] DARK SOULS II: SCHOLAR OF THE FIRST SIN (BANDAI NAMCO GAMES)

PlayStation 4 (49%)
Xbox One (43%)
PC (8%)

[Week 15, 2016] DARK SOULS III (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)

PlayStation 4 (71%)
Xbox One (26%)
PC (3%)

This makes me wonder if sales of DSII: SOTFS on PS4 weren't suppressed by it launching so soon after Bloodborne and if it might have done better overall if it had been pushed back a month or two at least.

Rymuth

Final Fantasy Type 0 Split

PAL
PS4 (78%)
XBO (22%)

NPD
PS4 79%
XBO 21%

Dark Souls 3 Split should be similar in the US, give or take

Raylan

Banned
I think they own the name.
Hmmmm if I remember correctly, Namco is just the publisher and had a deal for 3 games, but From Software owns the Dark Souls IP. So Dark Souls 4 could get published by a totally different publisher.

Right?

Massive split difference there. Interesting to see it outsell Bloodborne first week on PS4 alone too.
It makes sense, no!? I mean, the install base is much bigger now.

It makes sense, no!? I mean, the install base is much bigger now.

Plus, I feel like Bloodborne brought some new fans into the series. Speaking personally, I'd only tried Demon's Souls before getting Bloodborne, and that was my Game of the Year. So, I was there day one for Dark Souls 3.

FelipeMGM

Hmmmm if I remember correctly, Namco is just the publisher and had a deal for 3 games, but From Software owns the Dark Souls IP. So Dark Souls 4 could get published by a totally different publisher.

If this is correct, they prob can publish themselves. They are owned by Kadokawa now right?

I wonder how Sony people feel about the decision to not release Demon's Souls outside Japan. Has to hurt because this could have been Demon's Souls 4 exclusive to PS4.

Raylan

Banned
If this is correct, they prob can publish themselves. They are owned by Kadokawa now right?
They do. In japan. But not in the west, if I remember correctly. Which is the reason why they have the deal with Namco-Bandai.

Anyone correct me if I wrong (regarding the IP ownership).

Good PC numbers from Steam and even PC retail popped up.

So PC ~42k digital and retail and XBO 21k if you include digital at 20%.

MMaRsu

Banned
THE DIVISION VS WATCH DOGS WEEK 6

The Division
[WEEK 1] 277,000 / 277,000
[WEEK 2] 74,790 / 351,790
[WEEK 3] 48,613 / 400,403
[WEEK 4] 30,626 / 431,029
[WEEK 5] 18,069 / 449,098
[WEEK 6] 10,841 / 459,939

Watch_Dogs
[WEEK 1] 388,000 / 388,000
[WEEK 2] 73,720 / 461,720
[WEEK 3] 39,071 / 500,791
[WEEK 4] 23,052 / 523,843
[WEEK 5] 17,980 / 541,823
[WEEK 6] 14,384 / 556,207
[WEEK 7] 11,794 / 568,001
[WEEK 8] 10,378 / 578,379
[WEEK 9] 10,689 / 589,068
[WEEK 10] 11,009 / 600,077

I thought division was ubis best selling new ip? Ofcourse this.is only europe

Good to see FROM has so much succes with their games. They should have the fanbase and money now to take some risks and it will be interesting to see where they go next (besides BB2, which is pretty much a given at this point).

Also, Demon's Souls remaster please. :)

jaina

I thought division was ubis best selling new ip? Ofcourse this.is only europe
I think that's one of the reasons ryng does this comparison and was surprised about < 2 million Division in NPD. how did Ubi get to that PR statement?

Asd202

This bodes well for future japanese games.

FFXV will easily manage to get a 80/20 split.

Edit: I wonder if Bandai has the balls to make a Dark Souls without From Software.

85/15 :p. Well maybe not in UK but WW it's going to close to that I imagine.

NB will definitely want to continue the series the question is will FROM and Miyazaki want to continue developing it.

I do wonder if the increase in spilt for DS3 has something to do with DS2:SOTFS.

There is a possibilty that Xbox gamers new to the series picked that up, saw how unfriendly it was to newcomers of the series and decided against picking up DS3.

Even though I enjoyed Bloodborne, I know thats exactly why I havent picked it up.

Guymelef

I do wonder if the increase in spilt for DS3 has something to do with DS2:SOTFS.

There is a possibilty that Xbox gamers new to the series picked that up, saw how unfriendly it was to newcomers of the series and decided against picking up DS3.

Even though I enjoyed Bloodborne, I know thats exactly why I havent picked it up.

Nah, Scholar PS4-XBO split was better just because it was launched a week after Bloodborne.

Hasney

Lol i never said this xD i mean Digital sales of The Division were better than Watch_Dogs.

Edit: I was reply to those guys who were talking about The Division VS Watch_Dogs

Ohhh sorry, it was after the all the DS3 v DS2 talk so I thought it was standalone and not in reply to anything! I was about to be amazed :p

There are already deals for QB anyway. Nothing huge but still.

There's lots of console deals, £220 with qb not seen anything on the boxed retail disc though.

Hot U.K. Deals is showing a bunch of digital codes have decent prices but I doubt the sites using them count for the Pal charts?

Boke1879

THat's exactly what you want to see out the souls franchise. Growth. Even a franchise that isn't really accessible is seeing growth. That's awesome.

Would love to get Bloodborne 2 at some point, but I think after this they should let the series rest a bit and then come back in a major way.

ethomaz

Banned
Lol i never said this xD i mean Digital sales of The Division were better than Watch_Dogs.

Edit: I was reply to those guys who were talking about The Division VS Watch_Dogs
Well there is no source that proves console digital for Division is bigger than Watch Dogs.

To be fair I believe Ubisoft PR was usual PR bull based in revenue instead sales (like Halo 5 PR).

Looks like DS3 is only, at worst, stagnant in Japan. If this UK chart is indicative of the worldwide situation, there seems to be growth overall.

Top Bottom