• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parents of GAF: AITA? First Period Drama

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
We're expecting a baby girl at the end of the year, so I've been following this thread with great interest 😅. I didn't realise how significant this event was to so many people, but thanks to this thread, I can now understand why.

In my humble opinion this is your wife being the asshole. There's no need to make a big stink about this. You handled it. Could you have called her? Yes but it wasn't a life or death situation that you needed to call her above everything else.

Women can be so fucking annoying sometimes.

I thought your reaction to the immediate situation reasonable…and hopefully she knew what was happening beforehand; randomly finding blood on you will freak most people out, but not knowing why is even scarier especially for a young girl.

Sharing the situation with two mothers I know that have daughters past that point (was interested on their take) ; they were pretty much in the same boat, they felt you acted right, although of course they both said they’d prefer to be there rather than the hubby; but if not, really the only concern was: ‘was the daughter bothered by it?’ (Although the one said you should have called the grandmother and the other said the daughter would likely want to crawl up and die if you did….so maybe an experience thing lol.)

It’s an uncomfortable subject, but you were the only one on hand to explain it, hell I’d give you bonus points for the youtube idea so you don’t have to go into every private detail and have her burying her head in embarrassment from you having to explain every detail in person.

I think the general: ‘it’s no problem’ attitude is really the way to take it; ‘Here’s what’s happening, here’s some pads, here’s a youtube video how to use them, take your time in private, and then let’s do what we normally do’.

Last edited:

Tams

Silly man. Don't you know that it's none of your business!

Until it is, and in which case why didn't you do more?!

On a serious note; there are women out there who are more rational about this. As it is such an emotional thing for women, more some than others, they are more invested in it.

Still, to try vicariously gatekeeping this is not only rather pathetic, but also condescending towards your daughter and you.

MrMephistoX

I also bought reading material as backup
Although as a former teenage boy I have to admit that the illustrations were my National Geographic naked African ladies equivalent.
drN8Mm5.jpeg
https://a.co/d/hvrMxxV

Last edited:
Top Bottom