• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Passing saves between linked xbox's

Is it possible? If I hook up two xbox's can the saves from one xbox be sent to the other. My xbox needs to be repaired and I don't want to lose my saves when they clear my hard drive, and if I didn't have to drop $30 on a memory card I'd be a happy man. I'm sending it to Microsoft, so I can't do anything that would void my warranty.

Stryder

Hmm couldn't he do the 007/mechassault software mod and then run an EvoX CD and then use Xbox Saves Manager to FTP in and then download the saves?

Might be easier just to go and grab a memory card actually

Stryder

Just thought I'd dig this up as there was an interesting letter posted on PA with this to say :

I just hooked my USB drive (128mb) up to my xbox via the Xbox USB adaptor. The dashboard sees it as a viable MU, and you can copy save files to it (this will be great for KOTOR). The only issue is that if you hook the drive up to your PC, after copying a game, your PC reports that it isn’t formatted.

Perhaps this is the solution you're looking for (if you're still paying attention to this thread) Nerdom4eva.

BioFan

I had the same problem 2 weeks ago. I had to send my xbox for repair cos it is not reading RSC2 properly. I was worried about my saves, but I have a memory card. Anyway long story short, I got my xbox back last monday, and they did not format my HDD, they just change my thompson drive to a Samsung. Of course unless the problem lies within your HDD then they may have to reformat it. They won't do unless necessary. Don't worry, :)

That's reassuring that they may not have to clear it. I went with a memory card anyways (I can return in opened within 30 days), and I think I'll delay sending it until I beat KOTOR (15 hours into it, all I'll be playing now.) The last guy I talked to at Microsoft said I would probably get a cleared memory back, but he seemed like he was trying to get back to talking to his girlfriend (plus he was baffled by the idea of linking x-boxes for Halo.) I don't have too many games to save, but it is a pain in the ass. I saw the article on PA and was enticed, but would have to be a new USB drive, and it didn't seem worth it.

Top Bottom