• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paul McCartney says John Lennon responsible for Beatle breakup

ManaByte

“I didn’t instigate the split,” McCartney said. “That was our Johnny.’’

When asked by interviewer John Wilson about the decision to strike out on his own, McCartney retorted: “Stop right there. I am not the person who instigated the split. Oh no, no, no. John walked into a room one day and said, ‘I am leaving The Beatles.’ Is that instigating the split, or not?”

McCartney expressed sadness over the breakup, saying the group was still making “pretty good stuff.”

“This was my band, this was my job, this was my life. So I wanted it to continue,” McCartney said.

Peter Jackson has his 6-hour documentary about the break-up coming over Thanksgiving, but as part of that they also let him restore Let It Be and they'll be releasing that as well.

*Nightwing

AP2Y5pV.jpg

Quasicat

That’s funny, because in the Beatles Anthology (during the final hour) each of the living band members said that they were all feeling burned out and thought it was time to move on.
I am pumped to see the Let It Be re-edit. I have the original from my dad and it was obvious that they were a little tired of each other, but the Beatles always said it was a victim of a bad director/editor.

Season 4 Art GIF by Parks and Recreation

How the fuck she is seen as some genius is beyond me. It’s shit. Pretentious people are too fucking afraid to be seen to not get it. So they all wank each other off intellectually of course. Fuck off

never forget

lol that facial expression.........Erghh WTF

People like Yoko, the ones that smell their own farts are lets be honest 99% of the time talentless. I mean this whole "art" expression...I dont know who is worse, Yoko making gibberish sounds or people showing up to listen to that gibberish sound, holding a glass of wine in their hands and nodding their head like they understood what the writer wanted to say. Then they give her full attention on social media and high praises but didnt even notice their next door neighbour is an Opera singer. But hey who needs talent to sing Opera right?

Last edited:

Tschumi

Oh come on, he's cracking in old age, it was clearly not the decision of one member, they just feel apart, maybe Paul was the kind of guy who struggles to break up and John needed to be assertive (he was a wife beater after all) but i don't buy that it would have been John alone

Last edited:

AJUMP23

It was Yoko that ended the Beatles, but she must be amazing since she got her hooks into John and never let go.

Top Bottom