• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Gaming on an Oled TV

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I've been doing it for over 15 years. Once you have the big screen and the home theater system and the couch for gaming, it's hard to go back to a tiny ass monitor and headphones and a chair.
yep.
People scuff at the "haha how can you use such a big screen on your desk".
Bitch, I recline in my comfy chair and play 4k hdr games on oled. Sure, maybe it's few inches too big but still better than slouching over 24" monitor!

Freeman76

Im looking to do this on a 65" S95B. Did you go ahead OP?

I want to play CP2077, Starfield, RDR2 in 4k at 60fps+, not sure how much of a beast PC I need, was looking at this:

• AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
  • Windows 11 Home
  • ASUS® PRIME X670-P-CSM
  • 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE 5600MHz
  • 12GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4070
  • 2TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2

Last edited:

Bry0

3k+ on my cx and no burn in yet. I don’t really think about it anymore tbh. If it happens whatever. Still looks better than any IPS I’ve ever had

SyberWolf

the only thing you should realy do is auto hide the task bar. been using my c2 42" for a year now no burn in, i even turned off all the dimming "features" because that was annoying.
i often leave it on static screens, nothing so far.
before that i used a C1 48" same no burn in.
as long as you have varied content on the screen you will be fine.
the terrible response times of regular monitors drive me insane, it is like turning on motion blur when you are used to OLED response times.
and proper dark scenes, not grey or crushed black.

MAX PAYMENT

My pc is next to my LG C2. I just have an hdmi cable going to it for games. I use either an Xbox controller or USB extension cables for my keyboard and mouse. It's an awesome experience.

Top Bottom