• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New to PC. Recommend some good horror games on Steam.

Always been looking for something to scratch my itch along the lines of Condemned or F.E.A.R. Seems like a much wider variety of horror options on PC. I'm open to all suggestions either TPS or FPS.

Edit: For reference, I'm mostly looking for games exclusive to steam or pc in general. I've played tons of horror games on console. So things like resi evil and dead space I've played. Thanks.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Always been looking for something to scratch my itch along the lines of Condemned or F.E.A.R. Seems like a much wider variety of horror options on PC. I'm open to all suggestions either TPS or FPS.
What have you played?

RE2,3,&4 remakes on max settings are astounding.

Outlast 2 is a pants poop simulator.

Evil within 1 is one of my favorites if you’ve never played it.

violence

The old dead space games can be gotten for pretty cheap. I’d recommend downgrading dead space 2 to an earlier version. The DLC weapons break the difficulty and make the game too easy. It’s lame and clearly wasn’t the intended way to play.

Original Doom 3 (not BFG edition) with HD mods. The game holds up well.

Of course Resident evil series.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Not horror focused, but those games sure can get tense and scary at times

Soodanim

It's funny, I'm a huge fan of RE but I don't think of them as horror games. I guess because they're not trying to scare you as such, not really.

Horror doesn't really do anything for me, but I remember people liking the first Amnesia game when it released. DIdn't that get a remake recently?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Not the best Thief game, but Shalebridge Cradle from Deadly Shadows would be an easy recommend.
For anyone interested in trying it out, I highly recommend this mod:

Mister Wolf

The_Evil_Within_boxart.jpg
The_Evil_Within_2_cover_art.jpg

TintoConCasera

I agree. I just found out Condemned was made by them too. I really hope someone can recommend me a game similar to Condemned. I've yet to find one
Never played it, but I heard the sequel is kinda shit.

First one is pretty cool tho, loved the melee combat and the detective stuff. Too bad it leans heavily on the supernatural for the later part of the game, I vastly prefer the vibes in the early parts of the game.

Last edited:
Never played it, but I heard the sequel is kinda shit.

First one is pretty cool tho, loved the melee combat and the detective stuff. Too bad it leans heavily on the supernatural for the later part of the game, I vastly prefer the vibes in the early parts of the game.
I personally loved the sequel. Very different but still fun.

Guilty_AI

Not exactly horror but... the atmosphere of this game is very interesting given the kind of game it is.

Also free since it's technically still a demo

Garibaldi

It's a Visual Novel so not much gameplay per se but:

For a more traditional game:

Finally. Go in as cold as possible on this one. It's class (and free):

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Since you just got into PC, I highly suggest a Quest 3 headset

Half Life Alyx
Lone Echo 1 & 2 (Meta)
Alien isolation VR mod (sorry nope from me)
Inside the backrooms
Subnautica

Like not all straight horror games but in VR it completely changes the levels of fear.

Otherwise, non VR
Stalker series (with mods)
FEAR
Amnesia series
Soma
Signalis

violence

Half Life Alyx
Lone Echo 1 & 2 (Meta)
Inside the backrooms
Subnautica

Like not all straight horror games but in VR it completely changes the levels of fear.

Otherwise, non VR
FEAR
Amnesia series
Soma
Signalis
Oh right Subnautica was pretty good. I can't imagine VR.

Garibaldi

Half Life Alyx
Lone Echo 1 & 2 (Meta)
Inside the backrooms
Subnautica

Otherwise, non VR
FEAR
Amnesia series
Soma
Signalis
I couldn't get away with Alien in VR. The controls were all over to the point I imagine it's really difficult later on. Pity, cos it's an absolute banger on PC.

drotahorror

It's funny, I'm a huge fan of RE but I don't think of them as horror games. I guess because they're not trying to scare you as such, not really.

Horror doesn't really do anything for me, but I remember people liking the first Amnesia game when it released. DIdn't that get a remake recently?

Horror is a broad genre. You see it only as a means to 'scare'.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
if you into rogue lite and 2.5d horror.

Withering rooms is great.

SHA

Edit: For reference, I'm mostly looking for games exclusive to steam or pc in general. I've played tons of horror games on console. So things like resi evil and dead space I've played. Thanks.
Is this the only reason you bought your Rig? Tell us your story and how did you decided to go with pc.

Is this the only reason you bought your Rig? Tell us your story and how did you decided to go with pc.
No definitely not. Having a PC is just a big perk of being a horror game fan. I always saw so many videos of youtubers playing random scary games you just can't get on console. So I knew there was a wide library. Modding and better performance are well worth it.

Reactions: SHA
Top Bottom