• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Port Passions - Those 8@$][#&c!$ Are Taking Away Our Exclusive Bragging Rights!!!

We amongst the master race are a tormented and lonely bunch. Tremendous power and complexity at our disposal, so much that it frightens would-be suitors to lesser races. But occasionally a few courageous heroes emerge to take up the challenge of satiating our everlasting hunger. To those honourable souls we salute thee and express our gratitude in the form of this enduring memorial. Of course I'm talking about PC ports and those developers willing to undertake this monumental task of bringing successful console games to a vastly different platform. Historically, PC and their console counterparts were restricted to their own respective libraries and releases, and this was both a blessing and a curse. There was a sense of tremendous pride and bragging rights to have a colossal franchise on your system and knowing the others weren't as fortunate. Microsoft Xbox gamers had the Halo and Gears of War franchises, Playstation with Gran Turismo and Uncharted and whatever Nintendo was putting out with their beloved plumber at the helm.

The problem arose when somebody wanted to experience a particular title without purchasing an entirely new console. Multiplatform releases circumvented this issue by allowing everybody a piece of the action, but unfortunately the catalogue of previous releases were assigned to the history books unless you paid up. Recently we're starting to see more and more developers (particularly Asian ones) see the potential of releasing older titles with remastered visuals and controls and publishing them on prominent digital distribution services such as Steam and Epic Games Store. This has opened up the floodgates with Square Enix, Capcom and Koei Tecmo all bringing older titles to the PC marketplace with varying degrees of success, with this thread celebrating and highlighting those memorable releases.

Rules:
  • Five entries within each category.
  • Franchises count as a single entry.
  • Both released and wishlist games.
  • Choose the categories you want.
  • Console gamers choose their own.
PC Gamers:

Released/Incoming

header.jpg
header.jpg
header.jpg

header.jpg
header.jpg

Wishlist

Tekken 2-4

MV5BZjM5MTYxZTYtMDQ0Yi00MzQyLThlZWMtNGNkNDFkMWYzY2M2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA0MTM5NjI2._V1_.jpg
MV5BZjkwZmNlMWUtMDAwMS00YmFjLTgzOTktYzNmMTFhMjJmYzIyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA0MTM5NjI2._V1_.jpg
MV5BY2YwODYwOWQtZjc4MS00ZmViLWFkYzMtMzA1OTljYTY0YzZkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA0MTM5NjI2._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Silent Hill 1
MV5BMmRiODc1MzgtMmE2NS00NTlmLThhMmMtMDQ4OTc1MTBlYzQ5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA0MTM5NjI2._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Fatal Frame 1-2

MV5BMjE5OTk2NDk3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzQ0NzAzOA@@._V1_.jpg
MV5BMTM2MjQ3MzUyOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjQ0NzAzOA@@._V1_.jpg

Metal Gear Solid 3-4

MV5BZTZmNGFkYWEtMmZjYS00MjRhLWJkZDAtNGQ5MGViNjEyYzA5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA0MTM5NjI2._V1_.jpg
MV5BOTI4MTNlNDAtZWM1Zi00MDg1LWEwZGYtM2NhMDA3MGFmZWE5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA0MTM5NjI2._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Console Gamers:

You're Welcome To These

Those PC Ba****ds Aren't Taking These

PlayStation fans be like:

Bloodborne_Cover_Wallpaper.jpg

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I can play them with emulators, if we dont get the port of those games.
Maybe others will love the actual port or remake.
just because they can be emulated doesnt mean you cant get a better experience. Remember what happened to Mario 64 and OOT
native pc ports will always be superior to emulation

Last edited:
PC gaming has become nothing more than an Interstate Interchange in a big city. I-30 to I-35 in Downtown Dallas during Rush Hour. All that construction and nothing is moving. One little flat tire will stall out the entire city for hours. Stop and go stop and go. Just like the frames playing PC games.

ClosBSAS

PC gaming has become nothing more than an Interstate Interchange in a big city. I-30 to I-35 in Downtown Dallas during Rush Hour. All that construction and nothing is moving. One little flat tire will stall out the entire city for hours. Stop and go stop and go. Just like the frames playing PC games.
i would say downtown favela or somewhere in the congo. i mean, for us high end users with 24vram gpus, meh....not that much of a hassle.

What was that?! I can't hear you over the noise of my 120FPS, XTYX90000 graphics card and 2 metre wide monitor. Speak up damn it!

tenorcskzq.gif

BlackTron

PS2/3 gen games that are trapped on those platforms, never got a port/update or BC, just left to rot, any of that is a great candidate to just be on PC for posterity.

We amongst the master race are a tormented and lonely bunch. Tremendous power and complexity at our disposal, so much that it frightens would-be suitors to lesser races. But occasionally a few courageous heroes emerge to take up the challenge of satiating our everlasting hunger. To those honourable souls we salute thee [...]
17c9bbc8bfb3fa588e2f1c9d231573a187801786r1-806-982v2_uhq.jpg

prominent digital distribution services such as Steam and Epic Games Store.

Lol.
Either that or UPlay and I don't think they're doing too well nowadays. As for Origin I'm not even sure that's still around. Epic Games Store is selling well and attracts some users.
PS2/3 gen games that are trapped on those platforms, never got a port/update or BC, just left to rot, any of that is a great candidate to just be on PC for posterity.
You're absolutely right, but put in the effort and give me some names man.
Wish we got PC ports of Kingdom Hearts

P.S.: EGS doesn't count lol
You and me both pal.
AmbitiousTeemingCuscus-size_restricted.gif

I'd like Gran Turismo 7 with 32:9 support, unlocked frame rate, better force feedback and proper FOV settings. It feels imprisoned on my PS5.
Pahahaha, imprisoned on the latest generation of consoles, drama queen much?
This thread is sponsored by KFC LGTBBQ Chicken.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

nikos

Pahahaha, imprisoned on the latest generation of consoles, drama queen much?

No, not being a drama queen.

It does feel imprisoned on console when I'm forced to play the game with a controller, on my couch, instead of in my sim rig. I didn’t play it anywhere near as much as I would have liked to.

They could probably win over a good portion of the sim racing community if they did things a bit differently, but the issues are almost entirely caused by console limitations.

Top Bottom