• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Release for Death's Stranding Director's Cut detailed (only 10$ upgrade)

Draugoth

Gold Member

RELEASE DATE

DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR’S CUT will launch on Steam and the Epic Games Store on March 30th, 2022.

PRICING

DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR’S CUT will cost the following at launch:
  • £34.99
  • €39.99
  • $39.99
  • 4980 Japanese Yen
  • 198 Chinese Yuan

iv39ds8uu9e81.jpg

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
For those that have played it, is thw upgrade worth it for ten bucks? I still have the game in the backlog.

I don't know if I appreciate this marketing trick of calling this edition of the game "Director's Cut", because if I recall correctly, Hide Kojima had a total creative control with "Death Stranding" to begin with, why was this release branded as "Director's Cut"? If I am wrong, please correct me, because I don't want to be right in this case with my assumption that it was a pure marketing trick.

Pejo

Well I bought the game on sale on Steam, so I guess I should try it first, but 10 dollars for the upgrade is fine in my book.

Zimmy68

It is actually only $11 if you buy it on Epic Games. Not a bad deal.
Should I buy now but wait to play it when the DC releases?

BigBooper

The additions look fun. To me the whole package looks like a $10-15 game still. Maybe I don't really understand what the game is.

Guilty_AI

so much for pc games getting free upgrades :messenger_grinning_sweat:
tbf, this upgrade has actual new content so its kinda like DLC.

I ain't getting it though. The new stuff looks really pointless. Why the hell do i want a racing track in a game about delivering stuff?

Last edited:

Novacain

Meh, this should have been a free update when considering what the "director's cut" actually brings to the game.

I really dislike this trend of publishers abusing crossgen as an opportunity to gouge fans by turning patches into a new kind of MTX.

Kerotan

The additions look fun. To me the whole package looks like a $10-15 game still. Maybe I don't really understand what the game is.
It's only a $10 game if this is a game you're not really into.

If this is a game you'll like it's good enough and long enough to justify spending $100 on it.

Top Bottom