• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peacemaker joins Mortal Kombat 1 on February 28th

Draugoth

Gold Member
medium-f8289154057c7d7d31ca26f2378b0616.jpg

Peacemaker’s debut in Mortal Kombat 1 has been delayed to February 28th. Warner Brothers Games reported the delay on X/Twitter as you can see in the post below.

Nvzman

MK1 is a nothingburger at this point.

Tekken 8 has outclassed it in every conceivable way. NRS needs to get away from WB if the series ever wants to have a chance again. This is after me putting 60hrs into MK1. RIP
To be honest I think MK1 was already fucked when SF6 came out and is one of the best entries in the series. Capcom completely stepped up their game and I'm glad Tekken 8 is pretty good as well.

Barakov

Gold Member
I still don't understand why people don't like MK1 but I never play competitively. I don't like these guest characters tho. Who da fuk asked for these lame superheroes?
I think one of the theories being thrown around is that the MK casuals(the majority of audience) don't like fighting games with teams(ie. dbfz, Marvel). Also the competitive audience and players aren't thrilled with it as well. I think a lot of it has to do with how WB/NRS has handled dlc. But that's more of the marching orders from WB, I think. Also the online seems like it's had more than a few rough patches.

As far as the superheroes go I think given the ones that are in there they thought MK as the ultra violent franchise was the better fit. I think having Omniman and Homelander in Injustice 3 would've been far more interesting. Especially if they were in the story mode a la Akuma in Tekken 7. Given that Suicide Squad exists it seems WB is okay with treating Superman and co. like garbage so them getting beat up by Omniman or Homelander shouldn't be that much of a issue.

MK1 is a nothingburger at this point.

Tekken 8 has outclassed it in every conceivable way. NRS needs to get away from WB if the series ever wants to have a chance again. This is after me putting 60hrs into MK1. RIP

Tekken 8 outclassed not only MK1, SF6 also...But of course MK1 situation is worse.
I love Tekken and this game is a 11/10.

I love MK too, and feel bad for MK1, the situation shouldn't be worse. It's unacceptable.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I play MK1 single player everyday. I've already dropped SF6 and didn't bother with tekken. MK is still a great single player fighter.

Insane that he did not feature in that Suicide Squad game - he’s the best character with Eagley!

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

The game just felt unnecessary
Oh completely, they could've taken the series in so many directions. Really not sure why they did what they did. But then again I haven't REALLY loved MK since 9. I keep wanting to give them chances as I grew up with the IP. But it's apparent it's time to let go. :\

Top Bottom