• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pearl Jam - "Live At Benaroya" Rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts?

B0002F9BL2.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Disc: 1
1. Ofthegirl
2. Low Light
3. Thumbing My Way
4. Thin Air
5. Fatal
6. Nothing As It Seems
7. Man Of The Hour
8. Immortality
9. Off He Goes
10. Around The Bend
11. I Believe In Miracles
12. Sleight Of Hand
13. All Or None
14. Lukin

Disc: 2
1. Parting Ways
2. Down
3. Can't Keep
4. Dead Man
5. Masters Of War
6. Black
7. Crazy Mary
8. 25 Minutes To Go
9. Daughter
10. Yellow Ledbetter

I've always thought that some of their best songs were the acoustic numbers on No Code.

skip

it's outstanding. I had always wanted to hear "around the bend" live. here's hoping they go through with the rumored semi-acoustic tour soon...

Greekboy

Banned
I was never a big Pearl Jam fan but to their fans I ask: Are they still as good as they were considered back in the grunge days?

P.S. What was the title to that song that went something like: "take a sip pass it around...pass it around"

skip

no code (right when they started to commercially dip) is considered by many to be their best album, though I haven't been that big of a fan of the most recent two (binaural and riot act).

the song you speak of is crazy mary:

"take a bottle, drink it down, pass it around"

skip said:
it's outstanding. I had always wanted to hear "around the bend" live. here's hoping they go through with the rumored semi-acoustic tour soon...
I'd have no choice but to go see that tour. I've yet to see them live in all my years of being a fan. Around The Bend is great. I love the nice touch of piano by Brendan O'Brian on the album version.

On "Black" when Eddie tells the crowd "you try" and they all start belting "I know someday you'll have a beautiful life..." in perfect unison just sent shivers down my spine. The perfect breakup song that anyone can relate to.

skip

if you have the means, you should try to track down live versions of crazy mary from the 2002 tour - they feature awesome solos from mike and crazy organ from "the new guy" boom.

ShadowRed

Banned
This begs the question where is Piston? I haven't seen him around in a while and he was one of the biggest Pearl Jam fans on this board allong with me and a few others.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
ShadowRed said:
This begs the question where is Piston? I haven't seen him around in a while and he was one of the biggest Pearl Jam fans on this board allong with me and a few others.

He's still around, got a new name....I think. I may be thinking of somebody else.

Alucard

Banned
I do believe that Crazy Mary is a b-side. Just download it or buy one of their live albums. I got to see it live with the crazy organ dude. :)

I might get this in the future. Is it just a normal PJ show or is there some sort of catch?...

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Alucard said:
I do believe that Crazy Mary is a b-side. Just download it or buy one of their live albums. I got to see it live with the crazy organ dude. :)

I might get this in the future. Is it just a normal PJ show or is there some sort of catch?...

I saw it on that tour, too (state college, best show ever!) Crazy organ dude was great :p

The "catch" is that it is an acoustic show.

Vicious

Ok, I got a fucked up copy of this album and I'm wondering if this is rare or not. I picked it up brand new at Circuit City, but when I opened it up I noticed I had two copies of Disc 2, and no Disc 1. However, when I load either of them into the PC, it lists the tracks as the ones from Disc 1 (the first 12 of them, that is. There's supposed to be 14 songs on disc 1). Yet they both play the songs from Disc 2.

I don't know if I want to return it since it might be a rare fuck up, so I figure I'll just go out and buy a second copy today. Wanted to know if anyone knew about this.

etiolate

Banned
I was never a big Pearl Jam fan but to their fans I ask: Are they still as good as they were considered back in the grunge days?

Aye. Pearl jam is great live. Them and Cake are two best live bands I've seen. Great performances and shows.

ShadowRed

Banned
"Ok, I got a fucked up copy of this album and I'm wondering if this is rare or not. I picked it up brand new at Circuit City, but when I opened it up I noticed I had two copies of Disc 2, and no Disc 1. However, when I load either of them into the PC, it lists the tracks as the ones from Disc 1 (the first 12 of them, that is. There's supposed to be 14 songs on disc 1). Yet they both play the songs from Disc 2.

I don't know if I want to return it since it might be a rare fuck up, so I figure I'll just go out and buy a second copy today. Wanted to know if anyone knew about this."

Reminds me of when I bought Yield and opened it up to find two discs rather than a disc and the cards.

I've seen Pearl Jam a couple of times live, great show!!! I had always been a huge fan (in fact they were probably my favorite band for a long time), but I was not a big fan of bianaural, and hated riot act. I consider Vitalogy by far their best album, then no code, vs., yield in that order, but very close. Then it would be ten, bianaural, and last and least riot act. Still go see 'em if you get the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom