• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peep this: The Ending of Super Mario 3

Justin Bailey

------ ------
I've noticed some carts I beat this on will display cooler names for the worlds at the end (The Ocean, Castle of Koopa) than the one I own (Water Land, Dark Land). Anyone know what's up with that crazy stuff? Were the cooler names thrown in later production runs or something?

http://www.classicgaming.com/tmk/smb3.shtml

Site's got all the known details there. Check it out, it's got a lot of great trivia and information.

One version has a slightly different box, with I think a different placement of "Bros.", and different screenshots on the back, at least one of which is a prototype or mock-up that doesn't appear in-game normally.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Kulock said:
http://www.classicgaming.com/tmk/smb3.shtml

Site's got all the known details there. Check it out, it's got a lot of great trivia and information.

One version has a slightly different box, with I think a different placement of "Bros.", and different screenshots on the back, at least one of which is a prototype or mock-up that doesn't appear in-game normally.

I can't believe I never knew that about the koopa kids.

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
Wow, neat... Some interesting stuff of that site, didn't know SMB3 had so many little tidbits like that.

john tv

I never knew they made a second version. I have the original, and I like it better. :) Changing everything to "XXX Land" is really lame.

jett

D-Member
I remember being confused by "goomba's shoe" phrase back in the day(I bought SMB3 along with Nintendo Power's strategy guide, there was no mention of "goomba's shoe" there :p).

impirius

On a somewhat similar note, the ending is changed for the GBA version of SMB3... and they use a completely different song as well. Which sucks, because the SMB3 ending theme is one of my favorites.

Still a great port though!

Justin Bailey said:
I've noticed some carts I beat this on will display cooler names for the worlds at the end (The Ocean, Castle of Koopa) than the one I own (Water Land, Dark Land). Anyone know what's up with that crazy stuff? Were the cooler names thrown in later production runs or something?

i cant honestly say that with a bit of scotch, this paragraph makes absolutely no sense.

Top Bottom