• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penn State football pedophilia thread (UPDATE: NCAA sanctions handed down)

Status
Not open for further replies.

From the comments

THERE ARE PENN STATE ALUMS ALL OVER TOWN WHO WILL NOT LET THIS HAPPEN. YOU WILL LOSE CLIENTS OVER THIS ICM. BE SMART AND LEAVE THIS STORY ALONE. IT IS CURSED AND SO WILL YOU BE.
Comment by Jay

Wow! Penn State fan threatens to curse the company that dares to make a film which may asperse JoPa's good name. CURSES TO ALL THAT SPEAK ILL OF OUR GREAT SAVIOR JOE PATERNO! HE WAS A SAINT! FREE SANDUSKY!

CyReN

i78ij.jpg

wow..

Penn State got pissed at McQuery cause he ratted them out. LOL what a bunch of scumbags. The whole place was run like a mob anyway if you look at Paterno's track record.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Sentencing is often measured against the life expectancy of the convicted.

Its proportional. If Sandusky had been in his 30's, the sentence probably would have been low triple digits.

Court does not usually go out of its way to make statements via sentencing. Juries make those statements through convictions.

I couldn't find any details on it but what does it mean by 30-60 years? Is it 60 years but could be reduced to 30 years for good behavior?

Minimum 30 years. Can be reduced from 60 for good behavior or credit for time served.

drspeedy

Jerry Sandusky was sentenced Tuesday to at least 30 years in prison — effectively a life sentence — in the child sexual abuse scandal that brought shame to Penn State and led to coach Joe Paterno's downfall.

Judge John Cleland sentenced him to 30 year minimum to 60 years maximum in prison. Under Pennsylvania law, Sandusky cannot be released on parole before the minimum term is up.

Should have been the whole 350 years or whatever. This is going to spawn so many civil suits...

JoePa rules PA, even posthumously.

Sentencing is often measured against the life expectancy of the convicted.

Its proportional. If Sandusky had been in his 30's, the sentence probably would have been low triple digits.

Court does not usually go out of its way to make statements via sentencing. Juries make those statements through convictions.

So what? Remember Jerry Dewayne Williams? Stole a pizza, got 25 years to life. Paris Hilton? Busted with 0.8 grams of cocaine in Vegas, AND with a prior arrest for drunk driving- gets community service.

The court SHOULD make a statement, especially after the size of this event in JoePavania. PA is a wholly owned subsidiarity of PSU, I'm telling you. And I lived there, this isn't sour grapes...

Ducarmel

Could they not have given him 40-45 to 60 at least making it almost impossible for him to get out.

Assuming he could live to 100+ he actually has a small chance to get out.

TheNatural

My Member!
He's dying in jail so the sentence is irrelevant. He's never going to get parole and chances are he dies before he even hits 30 years. Too bad the guy is just going to jail now instead of years ago when he belonged there.

The court SHOULD make a statement, especially after the size of this event in JoePavania. PA is a wholly owned subsidiarity of PSU, I'm telling you. And I lived there, this isn't sour grapes...

Not entirely true, northeast PA is run by the mob. It does embarrass me at how corrupt the state is.

linkboy

Could they not have given him 40-45 to 60 at least making it almost impossible for him to get out.

Assuming he could live to 100+ he actually has a small chance to get out.

I doubt he even makes its that long, they're going to have to keep him separated from the general population.

If they don't, he's going to get his ass kicked, big time (especially if he runs into some prisoners who are Penn State fans).

Honestly, what we should do right now is forget this piece of shit exists (but the media can't ignore a good story). Let him spend the rest of his worthless life behind bars, and let him reflect on what he and his actions caused (couldn't care about the whole Paterno\Penn State aspect, this all comes back to the shitbag that is Jerry Sandusky);.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom