• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People Want Tifa in Tekken 8 So Much the Boss of Tekken Had to Address It

Tekken 8 is out now and already the requests for guest characters are piling up online. But one character appears to be top of the wishlist: Tifa from Final Fantasy 7.

A cursory glance at social media shows plenty of requests for Bandai Namco to add Tifa into Tekken 8. That’s not surprising — Tekken fans have long-called for Tifa to be added to Tekken games over the years. Tekken is (mostly) and punch and kick fighting game franchise, and Tifa is all about punching and kicking. She’d be a great fit as a guest character, and everyone knows it.

Here’s a snippet:

This time, though, Katsuhiro Harada, boss of all things Tekken, has addressed the requests with a tweet that on the one hand gets to the crux of the matter, and on the other keeps fans hanging.

“We all know she is attractive and I understand that,” Harada tweeted. “But as yet we have not decided anything about guest characters etc.”

So, Harada-san, what you’re saying is there’s a chance? Tekken has a history of pulling in famous characters from other companies’ characters, including Akuma from Street Fighter and, indeed, Noctis from Final Fantasy 15. With this in mind, Tifa does not feel like much of a stretch.

We’ll have to wait and see, of course. The only confirmed DLC character for Tekken 8 is Eddy, although more will be revealed over the coming months. Perhaps at some point Tifa fans will get their wish.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
She make sense more than Noctis, she much more about hand to hand combat.

Another one I like to see is Kazuma.
tekken-7-kiryu-yakuza-dlc.large.jpg

Or Kenshiro
adobe_post_20200727_2120190.017055034825843918.png

EruditeHobo

I must admit Tifa would be cool and makes some sense... but considering they put in Negan, there aren't a ton of characters who make don't make at least some sense.

At this rate I just want to know when/if certain legacy characters are coming back -- when will I get Armor King and Marduk, that's basically all I care about right now. And can we get something ridiculous but fun like Doctor B.

For shit post characters that became a reality can we get Carmie from The Bear?

Yes chef.

Last edited:

Crayon

Didn't think of tifa but that would be nice. My wife and I have been praying to get kiryu in there for years though lol

Pejo

Tifa and Joseph Joestar would be my initial collab picks. Tifa really does fit the game and aesthetic exceptionally well though. A natural fit.

Another one I like to see is Kazuma.
tekken-7-kiryu-yakuza-dlc.large.jpg
The creator of Yakuza already said that Kiryu won't appear in Tekken, because he doesn't want Kiryu beating women.

Does it matter that the women in Tekken are Fighters? And are trained to beat people and get beat as well?

No, it does not.

Women, regardless if they are black belt Karate Fighters, are tiny helpless kitties here to be protected.

Thank you, Yakuza creator.

People only want Tifa in the game because of the boobs wich is kinda sad.
I want to believe this isn't the case, but look at Reina...
The most different and exciting (Personality and story wise) female character Tekken has gotten since forever.

And she has been basically boiled down to fetish bait and a waifu by the Tekken community.

And Lidia is only appreciated by a minority of Tekken fans, the other female character that was unique, but she doesn't look like 19 year old edgy school girl, so... It is what it is.

As much as I would like Tifa to be in the game, I'd rather not have any more guest characters in Tekken. Walking Dead guy was lame as fuck.

Besides, we have Tifa at home:

consoul

There are so many great candidates for guest characters, yet we'll probably end up with some fucking nobody from an AppleTV series.

Top Bottom