• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Perfect Dark Zero!!! (1UP)

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
ac130-7.jpg

AirBrian

Since this thread took off, I'll repost my response...

:lol :lol :lol

#1 and #4 are very Halo-esque.

(BTW, today has been one of the best days on GAF in months!)

interesting

In terms of multiplayer, right now, maps can accommodate upwards of 50 players at the same time. Rare wants to ultimately get that number up to 64.

Multiplayer comes in two flavors: Deathmatch and Dark Ops.....Dark Ops takes inspiration from one of the most important multiplayer games in the past decade -- Counterstrike.....Dark Ops is the thinking man's game of PDZ.

Every time you die in PDZ, you begin in your team's personalized spawn chamber where you can gear up and enter the level with decent weaponry and full health

sounds like a winner.. looks.. ehh...

Meier

Yeah, I thought that was footage of it a little bit earlier during this special, but it seemed like the animation wasnt that impressive. No surprise that stills arent that impressive either.

Cool Samsung commercial with the Halo music.

sly

Banned
I can't believe I'm looking at next-gen pics? DOA4 looks amazing compared to this crap. Way to go Rare!

Mrbob

Please tell me these shots are fake. :(

My Xbox 360 woody is getting extremely limp.

Oh goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooddddddddddddddddddddddddd.

PREMIUM PRICES FOR PREMIUM CONTENT.

Blah.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Putting the...heh..."graphics" aside, it doesn't even look like Perfect Dark. Seriously, what the fuck is going on there? I wouldn't know what this game was if it wasn't labeled.

Johnas

I wasn't even looking forward to this game and I'm EXTREMELY disappointed. This sucks for big PD fans, but again, it's preliminary. We'll see how it looks in motion.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Mooreberg said:
Long, long thread in the making... :lol

i'm not too sure. i think in order for a thread like this to grow astronomically large, you would need some people defending this shit :lol

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Whoever said it's a port from the Xbox is probably right. I can't see the current gen Xbox having trouble running this game. I hope and expect that other games for X360 will look more next gen than this.

gstaff

Sounds like what my friend from Cinescape said when he said EGM said it was inferior to Halo.

So disappointing if its true.

PhatSaqs

Banned
I hope this means something:

Running on alpha Xbox 360 development kits (machines that possess only two of the three CPU cores in the final spec, as well as a run-of-the-mill ATI graphics card as opposed to the final, custom GPU set)

Geek

Ninny Prancer
This is priceless. I was really hoping for that artwork to be somewhat indicative of the final product, but this is a thousand times better.

Perfect Dark Zero = comedy gold!!!

Oh snap! They pimpin' Xboxes now....

Amir0x

Banned
Seriously, I'm laughing so hard. I don't know whether to be disappointed or just plain out balls on the floor with laughter at this.

SyNapSe

... honestly, random EA games look a generation ahead of these PDZ screens. Those NFS and Madden graphics blew that away.. Like I said, CONKER blows that the crap away.

RX178

if they are real pics from the game. Nintendo really did a smart thing in the past (especailly consider no game released in the xbox) :D

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Bailout-at-43000sm.jpg

Bailout indeed.

I dont mind the xray shot, looks nice but the other shots reminds me of Counterstrike with Displacement mapped characters, almost Deus Ex 2 like.

There is also a distinct lack of any proper lighting, also look at the character shadows...there is none.

Cheers,
bbyybb.

Zeenbor

I am still in disbelief. This is a tragedy. I'm hysterical. WHY EVEN SHOW IT IF IT LOOKS LIKE THIS?!?!?!?? Stupid decision by someone...

The EA games look 100 times better. Seriously. EA >>>>>>>> Rare.

HOLY SHIT WHAT HAS RARE BEEN DOING ALL THIS TIME?! It would be one thing if they just started development, but haven't they been developing on workstations or something? Shouldn't they have video they can show us, even if it's not on a proper 360 dev kit? Jesus, the Conker remake looks better than this!

scarybore

Im fucking pissed :( I loved PD, nothing came close to it till Halo came along IMO. It deserves much better than this, as mama smurf says it doesn't resemble PD in any way.

Top Bottom