• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Everything makes you think of this show!

ewJTi93.gif

Saw this, and thought "maybe Bear should do this in the show"

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
That would be awesome, and probably not very easy to simulate as a stunt.

And 3 months for PoI? Fuck.

Tugatrix

Well after what I saw yesterday I wouldn't oppose to one. A bit of background, I'm doing a thesis regarding Intimate Partner Homicide, which make me go through Homicide files and damn yesterday I saw the first file and is amazing how clear the escalation of violence in the relationship is, it reaching out to the social network of both victim and perpetrator. The amount of complains made by people about the killer is staggering, the only problem was that the people who made charges end up removing them after a few days. Would take only one of these charges to make through and a tragedy could have been avoided. Given police limitations which I totally get, they can't charge anyone on their one, a machine would be nice.

Chariot

How real is watch dogs aka PoI the game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNPXoydz_zQ&list=PL35FE5C4B157509C9

If you don't know anything about Game Theory its a fun video series about theories in video games.

God I still love the fact that PoI does it all.
That is quite interesting, thanks for posting. Deep Face is scary. That Facebook has it is worse enough, but just imagine what would happen if they combine it with Domain Awareness :(

On another note: sadly it doesen't seem that Watch_Dogs is my PoI Messiah Game. They really need to make some real PoI game in the style of Watch_Dogs only with a better protagonist.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I re-watched Relevance (episode where Shaw gets introduced) and damn, what an amazing episode. Felt like a movie, action set-pieces where on-fucking-point, Jonah Nolan should direct more episodes.

Now make a Gif of that shot when Shaw gets injected by Hirsch in the middle of a crowded street. Such a good shot.

Sonicbug

Apparently Kevin Chapman was in my town signing stuff for a charity golf thingy auction involving a bunch of football people. In the newspaper photo he's all cleaned up and back to looking presentable for TV again after his scruffy Bruin's beard earlier this year. Ha.

Nobility

Banned
POI crew is showing something at Comic-Con!

http://mashable.com/2014/07/02/warner-bros-tv-san-diego-comic-con/?utm_cid=mash-com-Tw-main-link

6:15–7:00 p.m., Room 6BCF — Person of Interest (Tuesdays 10/9c CBS, season premiere September 23): The smash hit Person of Interest returns to San Diego for the fourth year! Join executive producer Greg Plageman along with series stars for a special video presentation and Q&A.

Season 4 tidbit!

https://twitter.com/absegel/status/484416214555324416

S4E1 Title -
Panopticon

Writers: Greg Plageman & Erik Mountain
Director: Richard J. Lewis

Lonestar

That Title....

The Panopticon is a type of institutional building designed by the English philosopher and social theorist Jeremy Bentham in the late 18th century.

Oh snap, you can underline/bold in spoiler boxes! If you recognize it like I recognize it...if you're thinking like I'm thinking...

:D

But the rest of the meaning is obviously understandable:

The concept of the design is to allow a single watchman to observe (-opticon) all (pan-) inmates of an institution without the inmates being able to tell whether or not they are being watched. Although it is physically impossible for the single watchman to observe all cells at once, the fact that the inmates cannot know when they are being watched means that all inmates must act as though they are watched at all times, effectively controlling their own behaviour constantly. The name is also a reference to Panoptes from Greek mythology; he was a giant with a hundred eyes and thus was known to be a very effective watchman.

Chariot

Ah, at text about panopticon was one of the first texts I had to read for university and was in glee when Psycho-Pass brought it randomly up. Although I don't know how that fits in since Samaritan is always watching everything it can.

Tugatrix

Panopticon is pretty interesting, and reveal something about what we can expect. Here am I expecting a day in Samaritan activity or one day as one of the team machine members, always covering his behaviour not knowing when Samaritan is watching.

Also there are some interesting pictures in google of a panopticon

Chariot

Panopticon is pretty interesting, and reveal something about what we can expect. Here am I expecting a day in Samaritan activity or one day as one of the team machine members, always covering his behaviour not knowing when Samaritan is watching.

Also there are some interesting pictures in google of a panopticon
Why? Samaritan is always watching. Its an AI with thousands of servers, not a guys who watches through all the stuff. If not, its worse than the Machine.

Interesting thing that stuck with me about
the panopticon
that came out of the writings of that French guy (what's his name...?) is that after a while...
people monitor themselves.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Most interesting choice for the episode's title.

Can't wait for the PAX Comic-Con video for next season. I hope it's as awesome as the last one.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Wonder what they'd do with him in the show if they were going to include him, Lonestar. But then again, probably 6 months will have passed between S3 and S4, so anything can happen.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, naturally. But since he's an awesome actor, I'd like to see him more into the storyline. But yeah, a guest appearance is more likely.

wtf i can't believe they killed carter. fuck fuck fuuuuuck
4Hpic.png

this is the best network drama i've seen since parenthood or maybe even friday night lights. i don't think it can hold up to the best of the cable dramas but i'll take this over other network programs (even arrow tbh). it's
52kIF.png

most of the time it's pretty much law and order: minority report with jason bourne thrown into it. but the myriad of guest stars from other shows (sopranos, mad men, boardwalk empire, friday night lights etc.) keeps the episodes fun to watch and the main cast is likeable. plus i think the idea behind the show is a neat hook. sarah shahi (dat sopranos episode
YlVGJ.png
)

i still think the idea behind the plot deserves something with more depth though. i would kill to see an hbo program about surveillance technology and the ethical dilemmas. it's got to happen soon as this idea becomes more and more a reality.

the enemy factions are cool. my favorite is probably HR but the anti-surveillance terrorist group could be interesting.

favorite standalone episodes - the young stockbroker one (luke cafferty
aqDwC.png
), the episode with the irish mob guy and his girlfriend

best team - shaw and fusko

as for root
yfc3s.png
, she worked initially in her first big reveal but she's easily the worst recurring character in the program. all her dialogue about the machine being her friend is cringeworthy and boring and i really hope she doesn't replace carter in prominence now. she's boring me and should be used more sparingly.

will finish up season 3 by the end of the week probably

Tugatrix

Why? Samaritan is always watching. Its an AI with thousands of servers, not a guys who watches through all the stuff. If not, its worse than the Machine.

Not even the machine watch everything, from what we saw from her UI, she jump from footage to footage

Chariot

Not even the machine watch everything, from what we saw from her UI, she jump from footage to footage
Isn't that the visualisation for us, so we have important story strings that went over years presented. No machine would be effective if that's the real time analysis of the footage. Plus: even if she need some time to do all footage she will eventually. Its less the question "when" or "if" than "where". We knoe rven the machine used some unorthodox methods if she was out of cameras.

yeah cool use of the song. best part of that montage is john with stubble looking mean as fuck after he questions that crash victim.

dude should stop shaving.

Nobility

Banned
<3 <3 no problem your on a new page with the new information that is always good.
But seriously your right these people have no soul for good tv anymore.
I expected competition to be tough. After all, we are in the golden age of TV.

Still, I was holding hope for a nomination for either Taraji or Amy.

Not even a writing nomination, The Devil's Share deserved it. :(

Lonestar

I didn't think there would be any acting nods. All the leads are good, but it's not the kind of show for it. Not alot of long, emotional dialogue scenes that end up going nowhere. When shits gone wrong for the POI crew, they get up, grab some guns, and take on swat teams in a blacked out hotel.

But writing should have gotten something. Music, too. I'd hope for a Best Drama nod, but it's only chance would have to be in the post BB/MadMen world, just to have a chance with more open spots on the nomination list.

I could see John Nolan as a Guest Actor nomination.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, Breaking Bad is still getting nominations? But the series is over!

Wiktor

Emmys are worthless these days. The best exaple is stunt category. No Banshee? No Strike Back? No Arrow? Even PoI deserved it more than pretty much everything there outside of GoT.

And Hannibal not getting a nom even for cinematography, where it makes everything nominated look like amateur hour?

Chariot

Did you just say Arrow?

tumblr_mwd3hbC4uO1t12ifko1_400.gif

Even if this is one of the worst offender scenes, there are shows with way better choeography than Arrow.

edit:
jbrm1eMd594ItZ.png

heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom