• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – The Fifth and Final Season |OT| "Thank you for creating me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppard

Why would Finch go work for it after he stared down the camera and threatened Samaritan's death? If anything, working for Samaritan is not even the last thing he'd want to do. He'd probably rather die than work at the behest of a broken system. Also, you could argue that in S3/4, there was a bad guy ending and now S5 is about bringing down Goliath and winning the war against all odds (while suffering massive casualties).

It already calculated but I think that's where the fatal flaw comes in. It's assuming that Finch will comply and work for it without Finch or Team Machine taking drastic measures to prevent that from happening. Not to mention, Samaritan branded Finch with a threat sign after Finch escaped from Greer. So I don't think working for Samaritan is a viable ending. Finch is going to go off the deep end and do anything to destroy Samaritan, and is highly motivated for doing so after the death toll.

Finch at this point is, as this thread has stated, Super Saiyan. Unhinged. The only thing I learned from Lost is that we will always have a constant. A dying Reese explaining to him that Samaritan will only be it's best with him at the helm would push him to that.

giphy.gif

^
Everyone going into this episode coming off of last.

HYPE!

No pressure.

The Machine fully interacting is pretty amazing.

Talk about unpacking a suitcase lol.

Edit: LOL Shaw on the Secret Service.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The episode kind of reminded me of an anime called Gintama, which is ostensible about a bunch of misfits helping people. Anyway, the heroes of that show get into some deep trouble and suddenly all these people they helped show up to save them. It's a nice little callback... although of course, they've had previous numbers help them out before.

(Poor Ken Leung... trapped in some bad NBC show and can't come back).

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking hell, they did it. THEY FUCKING DID IT.

I didn't think
we were ever going to hear about Logan Pierce
. This fucking show.

Harold/Machine conversations are so good.
Oh shit.

LOL they already have him while they are talking about him.
I love how this show always handles these "escapes" unlike most shows. They know these guys are too good for that shit.

Goddamn this scene is absolutely perfect. And this escape, damn, love it.

Oh man, that's amazing.
Edit: LOL Fusco. LOL Reese doesn't even let on in the slightest that he had no idea.

Nobility

Banned
That was amazing.

Absolutely beautiful.

If that was the end of the series, it would leave me with a smile on my face.

But it isn't...I need more Dark Finch...

Doorman

Yooooo we got a bona fide B-team!

That's pretty hilarious actually but I think it's cool that was set up. Even if most of it was technically "filler" it was still a good watch and the reunion tour was greatly set up.

Wilsongt

Yooooo we got a bona fide B-team!

That's pretty hilarious actually but I think it's cool that was set up. Even if most of it was technically "filler" it was still a good watch and the reunion tour was greatly set up.

The fact that The Machine decided to employ new assets means she is learning even more.

Newcomer here. I just caught up with season 4, so I won't read anything above or below.

I just wanted to drop by and say how much I'm loving this show. Season 3 from episode 9 onwards is fantastic. My favourite episode so far is If-Then-Else. And dayum "Welcome to the Machine".

I think I'll wait for season 5 to air in Italy - in autumn - to finish. See you on the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom