• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Person of Interest" needs to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belfast

First that stupid Hacking case, now this Deltona, FL murder case (I have a friend who knows two of the people IDed, too). I've also heard it used in the news lately, for stuff relating to terrorists and whatnot.

Are things getting that bad that we can't just call them suspects anymore?!

Anyway, this is quickly becoming the new WMD and I think it needs to be put in its place before it really gets out of hand.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Personally, I think forcing Fox News to stop exploiting every story involving a slain pregnant woman would be easier.

effzee

speaking of the hacking case...why is it all over the national media? im sure tons of gruesome terrifying murder plots are carried out all the time...whats so special/unique about this one that its all over the tv?

Diablos

Ratings. They have one case and they run with it.

The media is kind of sick. They're probably getting excited this very moment thinking of how well their ratings will be should an attack ever occur at the Olympics... I'm serious, you ever hear the way they talk about it? It's like they WANT terrorists to blow everyone up.

Brannon

I'm not so much shocked as I am awed at your wanting of the person of interest phrase to die. We need a vote, so cast a ballot free of dimpled chads and never forget,... eh, don't know where to go from here.

the word "alleged" needs to end as well. If you caught someone doing something, why is it always "allegedly" caught them doing it? dammit, you have hard, solid proof and you say "allegedly"?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
bune duggy said:
the word "alleged" needs to end as well. If you caught someone doing something, why is it always "allegedly" caught them doing it? dammit, you have hard, solid proof and you say "allegedly"?

Legal reason. You are innocent until proven guilty, etc. etc. It's bullshit, really.

3phemeral

"As per usual" needs to die... I find people tend to use the word in any common situation that just screams: "hey, I learned a new phrase, let's put it to use in every damned thing that I say!"

Did you get the cookies as per usual?
How about the the cds, as per usual?
Hey, did you hear that Mark aced the exam, as per usual?"

Holy Cow, if I was a violent person they wouldn't be walking this green earth anymore.

AlphaSnake said:
Legal reason. You are innocent until proven guilty, etc. etc. It's bullshit, really.

yeah I know, but it's just annoying. If someone is caught, and the news says that they were caught, how stupid is it if the person sues the news about it? Hell, there are times when someone's been proven guilty and the news still say "allegedly" in regards to the case!

dog$

Hates quality gaming
How long has The Meaning of Life been out? 20 years? 30?

30 years and Americans, from the President down, insist on saying "Let me tell you" while speaking in every three sentences or less. This needs to stop.

Belfast said:
Are things getting that bad that we can't just call them suspects anymore?!
"Person of interest" is the weaksauce "suspect", like "inspired by actual events" is the weaksauce "based on a true story".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom