• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 3 Reload | Preview Thread

capsule_616x353.jpg

Written Previews:

Video Previews:

Last edited:
I never played the original but I hope it gets me hooked. P4G was amazing but P5 after 10hrs I dropped it, i wasnt attached to it at all.

Not hyped at $70 for a remake. So sorry.

Edit: What I mean is: I am hyped to play it with Game Pass, but not hyped by a Remake costing $70. And that's just for the base game. There will be tons of cosmetic dlc and game-breaking, powerful persona packs that will wreck all enemies from the start.

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I never played the original but I hope it gets me hooked. P4G was amazing but P5 after 10hrs I dropped it, i wasnt attached to it at all.
Really depends what you liked/disliked about both. P3 is a bit less 'friendship is magic, we all love you protagonist' than 4 and 5 are.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Looks like a really solid remake aside from the lack of FeMC. Tartarus changes seem interesting, making it closer to the dungeons in P4G.

But there’s no way in hell I’m playing this a week after the release of Infinite Wealth, that’s quite an unfortunate release date.

Really depends what you liked/disliked about both. P3 is a bit less 'friendship is magic, we all love you protagonist' than 4 and 5 are.

I dont know was it because i played P4G on a PS Vita and not only am I chilling in bed playing it but the game as a whole is very chill, loved the lil cute countryside city, each character I found interesting but P5 it just didnt keep me....huge city, more than half the characters I dont even remember. I felt like I was forcing myself to play it and then I finally said, ok this aint it. There was no charm to it.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
I played through P3 Portable around 6 months ago. I don't think there's enough new here (aside from pretty paint) for me to do this again.

Can anyone who knows confirm?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Every Persona game I've played, I've been bored to tears with their weird visual novel / time management part of the game. The dungeons and battles seem cool, but then I get to the dreaded "story" parts of the game that are unskippable and lose my mind.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Every Persona game I've played, I've been bored to tears with their weird visual novel / time management part of the game. The dungeons and battles seem cool, but then I get to the dreaded "story" parts of the game that are unskippable and lose my mind.
This is me. But, of all the ones I bailed on 3 seemed the best. So this is my last chance I'm giving the series. Part 3 remade will be new to me, and I don't have to buy it. So I'm going to go all in and see if the series can finally, finally be interesting to me.

nikos

I held off on P3 after finishing P4G a decade ago and I'm STILL trying to finish P5R. Finally starting to feel like I'm almost getting there.

As far as visuals and overall polish go, this kind of looks like a step back from P5R but it still looks good. Looking forward to it.

bender

What time is it?

You are bizarro world me. I loved the setting, characters and murder mystery of P4 but hated the dungeon crawling.

OuterLimits

Tartarus is still in.

They they have made some (very) sensible improvements to it, like removing the fatigue system.

Wasn't the fatigue system already less an issue in the PSP version than FES? I don't think they got tired while actually in Tartarus in P3P, just afterwards if I remember correctly.

llLeonhart

Anyone else feels like Gamepass is a massive undervaluation for the game? Were it not on gamepass I would get it day 1 probably, but now I think I'll wait untill a very deep discount. I still haven't got the persona games that came out on gamepass.

Go_Ly_Dow

Anyone else feels like Gamepass is a massive undervaluation for the game? Were it not on gamepass I would get it day 1 probably, but now I think I'll wait untill a very deep discount. I still haven't got the persona games that came out on gamepass.
I'd say Metaphor is a bigger undervaluation as its a new IP and looks to have a large budget for Atlus's standards.. But financially maybe its a smart play for both of them. They know the games would sell like shit on Xbox so they'll happily accept cheques for P3 and Metaphor whilst at at the same time recieving large standalone sales on Playstation.

llLeonhart

I'd say Metaphor is a bigger undervaluation as its a new IP and looks to have a large budget for Atlus's standards.. But financially maybe its a smart play for both of them. They know the games would sell like shit on Xbox so they'll happily accept cheques for P3 and Metaphor whilst at at the same time recieving large standalone sales on Playstation.
Makes sense, But I'm not even an Xbox user. Nor do I subscribe to Gamepass, I wanted to get the game Day1 on Steam, but I feel like I would be an idiot spending that much money on a "free" gamepass game. I imagine it would hurt sales across all platforms, no?

Maybe for a first-time Persona 3 player, but for those of us who have already bought P3, P3FES, P3P etc.it makes Game Pass feel like the equalizer here.

llLeonhart

Maybe for a first-time Persona 3 player, but for those of us who have already bought P3, P3FES, P3P etc.it makes Game Pass feel like the equalizer here.
I've been playing persona since P3 on PS2, bought P3FES, P4, bought a PSP exclusively for P3P, later bought a VITA exclusively for P4G, and when it released on Steam I also bought it again, I'm no stranger to buying persona multiple times, and even buying consoles for it. My point is, as a non Gamepass subscriber I feel like the series is undervalued. Keep in mind that I don't think the game is worth 70$ but still, were it not on Gamepass I'd probably pre order it right up at full price.

I've been playing persona since P3 on PS2, bought P3FES, P4, bought a PSP exclusively for P3P, later bought a VITA exclusively for P4G, and when it released on Steam I also bought it again, I'm no stranger to buying persona multiple times, and even buying consoles for it. My point is, as a non Gamepass subscriber I feel like the series is undervalued. Keep in mind that I don't think the game is worth 70$ but still, were it not on Gamepass I'd probably pre order it right up at full price.
I have my doubts about the game's ability to sell highly, and that's with or without the existence of Game Pass. It's still a relatively niche game and at that price, which is generally designated for highly polished AAA games, it's not going to sell gangbusters.

Chukhopops

Same here, I really want to try the remake but I’m not sure I can go through the whole P3 mood again. The game is also sandwiched between several other JRPGs starting from Infinite Wealth so I’m not sure how well it will sell on its own.

At least the GP check means some guaranteed revenue for the dev.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Any news on if the OST is just the new versions or can you select the old OST too?

Krathoon

I am really hoping that they don't screw the game up.

Hopefully, it adds to the original game.

Last edited:

Krathoon

They better not do a remix version of the game or I will fly over to Japan and kick them in the balls.

ATLUS tends to pull that. The release a remix that is better than the original.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

They better not do a remix version of the game or I will fly over to Japan and kick them in the balls.

ATLUS tends to pull that. The release a remix that is better than the original.
They 99.9% will, but I think probably 3 years after release like with P3 Royal, it's Atlus and it's SEGA.
It should be a free or minimal upgrade for existing owners $5-10 max.

Last edited:

Krathoon

They 99.9% will, but I think probably 3 years after release like with P3 Royal, it's Atlus and it's SEGA.
It should be a free or minimal upgrade for existing owners $5-10 max.
Yeah. I may just play it on Gamepass until they release the remix.

Top Bottom