• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pfizer Vaccine Effective atleast 6 Months

Loope

In terms of control, COVID-19 is the flu and once mass hysteria dies down we're going to treat it like the flu. There will be a yearly shot available for that year's most likely variants - some people will get the shot and some people won't. We're going to have yearly deaths from COVID just like we do the flu, shingles, etc... but life will go on and return to normal.
The flu doesn't backup entire hospitals because of the quantity of people that need to be admitted. And that's because the symptoms are way nastier than the flu.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
The flu doesn't backup entire hospitals because of the quantity of people that need to be admitted. And that's because the symptoms are way nastier than the flu.
I don't think he is trying to minimize that. I believe he is saying the covid shot will be like the flu shot going forward. It won't be eradicated, we will simply manage it.

I assumed this was common knowledge, guess not.

Loope

I don't think he is trying to minimize that. I believe he is saying the covid shot will be like the flu shot going forward. It won't be eradicated, we will simply manage it.

I assumed this was common knowledge, guess not.
Everyone knows it is the way, but talking about mass hysteria is not what i would call "not trying to minimize that". I assumed to be common knowledge that when you referr to something as dangerous as this, that brought so many deaths, unemployment etc. as mass hysteria, you're essentialy minimizing all of that, guess not.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Everyone knows it is the way, but talking about mass hysteria is not what i would call "not trying to minimize that". I assumed to be common knowledge that when you referr to something as dangerous as this, that brought so many deaths, unemployment etc. as mass hysteria, you're essentialy minimizing all of that, guess not.
Well I wasn't talking about that at all. I was talking about the shot. I don't dispute anything you are saying but it sounds like you are trying to get upset about his comment for a possible poor choice in words rather than the general notion of it.

thefool

It's actually because we have centuries of naturally fighting it and building antibodies + vaccines. Influenza is a nasty virus.

Last edited:

Loope

Well I wasn't talking about that at all. I was talking about the shot. I don't dispute anything you are saying but it sounds like you are trying to get upset about his comment for a possible poor choice in words rather than the general notion of it.
No, not at all. I wasn't even upset, I just find it weird when people compare this crap to the flu.

sinnergy

I'd hope so, I certainly won't take a vaccine that isn't effective at least several years.
This was always the outcome, it was this or letting it rage around the planet with millions of death, could be up in the 200 million and more. If the world would have let the healthcare systems collapse . Btw never a option imo.

Corona virus in general are fast mutating, so cocktail shots like flu shots is the only option .

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Oh the 2nd dose is so much worse than the 1st dose for side effects. Have fun. :goog_devil:

Got mine on Wed, put me on my ass most of the day yesterday, ended up taking 4-5 hours of naps during the day.

Feels good to be part of the solution to stop this spread, not to mention protect myself and those around me.

I’m dreading the next shot. The first one made me feel like shit for a day and I keep reading how the second one is worse.

quickwhips

Oh the 2nd dose is so much worse than the 1st dose for side effects. Have fun. :goog_devil:

Got mine on Wed, put me on my ass most of the day yesterday, ended up taking 4-5 hours of naps during the day.

Feels good to be part of the solution to stop this spread, not to mention protect myself and those around me.
I didn't have any issues. Some people on my team felt tired though. I'm not a pussy though so go figure.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
No, not at all. I wasn't even upset, I just find it weird when people compare this crap to the flu.
Oh,I misunderstood your post then. Apologies. I agree that this is definitely NOT the flu. The treatment and end game will be the same (we hope) but this isn't the same I agree.

Raven117

Meh, so what? In 6 months, the vaccination appratus will be in full effect. It will be as simple as walking into a CVS/Walgreens and getting your shot.

Probably like the flu. They really are trying to squeeze every once of fear out of what is left of this.

Top Bottom