• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star (offline)

Volt

belgurdo said:
And I realized too that PS is pretty much the only pure Sci-fi J-RPG out there (aside from stuff like Lagrange Point.) Star Ocean dares to comes close, but they drop the science for generic Dragon Quest-ish bullshit pretty early in (maybe the upcoming one fixes this, I'd have to play it and see.) Wonder why they haven't made too many?

I guess the Xeno-series is sci-fi too ? Wouldn't know for sure, haven't really played either Gears nor Saga. But PS was definitely the only continuing series with a sci-fi theme in the 90s.. I also liked how the story continued throughout the sequels, despite there always being hundreds of years between each episode. Seeing Alys' statue or meeting up with Miau (sp?) in PS IV really made me smile as a huge fan of the series since the first game. Those Sega Ages remakes look plenty cool though, why is Playstation2 starting to tempt me now, so late in its life-cycle ? :(:(

GDGF

Soothsayer
Remember the PSII Nei vs NeiFirst battle? First RPG moment that stuck with me, you know?

climatrol11.gif

climatrol12.gif

Deep.

Volt

I especially remember it cuz I got my ass handed to me a coupla times before I managed to defeat her :D Really tough game, I often wonder why RPGs are so damn easy nowadays..

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
PS is my fav all time series...the original is still my fav RPG. The dungeons are great, you really miss them after they are gone in the rest of the games. I still have my note pad with all my original drawings and maps from my SMS playtime back in the 80's...heh.

Those screens look sweet!

I hope to god they don't change the music though...updating it is fine...but don't change the songs.

Big ups for that remake...hope they'll do it in English too.

I'm still enjoying PS, although the save bug has hit several times now and positively freaks me out. I hope I can bear through it and play deep into the game, if not beat it.

btrboyev

the music fucking sucks in the ages remake of part one..like they changed tempo's and everything...they better not make part II's as bad.

Top Bottom