• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: “We don’t pay for exclusivity on our own platform."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murdok

Phil did well, if Sony could have already bought most of the Japanese Dev and removed the games from the other consoles, as they cannot be content with temporary exclusivity. Now their fans are crying because they are drinking their own medicine.

Sweden85

Oh poor Phil you can't stop lying..
disney classic GIF

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
God I hate threads like this lol

Quote in the thread title is completely taken out of context, as the question reveals it is not a general statement, but one about content they OWN.

I give up now though, shit should be locked.

ZoukGalaxy

"And I'm just a hypocrite liar caus' we just bought a lot of studios to make them exclusive instead, I mean why paid for a game when you can paid for the whole studio ? However, despite that, we still strangely have no real system seller first party games and we have only 21% of market share only, I wonder why"

Super League Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
God I hate threads like this lol

Quote in the thread title is completely taken out of context, as the question reveals it is not a general statement, but one about content they OWN.

I give up now though, shit should be locked.
Even taking out of context, he would still not be lying as no game is exclusive anymore.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Phil did well, if Sony could have already bought most of the Japanese Dev and removed the games from the other consoles, as they cannot be content with temporary exclusivity. Now their fans are crying because they are drinking their own medicine.
A temporary exclusive is one thing. Buying out a company to get one game exclusive is another. And don't worry, I will shit on Sony from the highest highs when they inevitably do the same thing.

Unknown?

Couldn't they have spent 70B to out bid Sony? Hmmm, logic fails Phil!

Also not true, they bought Zenimax to make exclusives.

Last edited:
If we check my "Phil Spencer Persona" Chart, this must be Victim Phil

Kumbaya Phil - Let's all play together | Xbox is a service | anti-console war. Peace and love (powered by XBOX) | Let's hold hands and be like Nintendo.
Bad guy Phil - We want to disrupt the market before Amazon or Apple | Xbox is a console | "Sony isn't are focus" | Nintendo needs us (gets a % for online play).
Victim Phil - The Industry is against us | Sony is being mean | Xbox is the outcast | It's Japan's fault | Nintendo never shares with us.

Phil Spencer: “We don’t pay for exclusivity on our own platform."

>>>>

Spencer says Microsoft bought Bethesda because Starfield was going to be Playstation exclusive

200w.gif

Perfect like clockwork.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom