• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PIKMIN 4 announced Coming in 2023

tommib

Still need to finish Pikmin 3. I adore these games since the GameCube. They’re like a shower of zen strategy in a sea of generic AAA action. Thanks Nintendo.

Saber

Gold Member
Was happy for a moment, then its just a stupid logo.
One of let downs of this presentations.

Bragr

Banned
I was certain this game was dead. I am so very happy to see this, Pikmin is such a beautiful relaxing cool fucking game.

FcivH4VagAQBAhO

FcivH5JacAMtLiI

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
Myamoto baited me hard with that announcement. Really thought they were trolling with that phone game, but then he said: wait, there is more.

To think this game was announced 8 years ago and myamoto said was near complete makes me fear for the state of the movie he also said it's near complete.

ManaByte

To think this game was announced 8 years ago and myamoto said was near complete makes me fear for the state of the movie he also said it's near complete.

The movie is done, it was just so shit they're having to re-work it. It has a musical number about plumbing.

Rambone

Pretty stoked for this. I better finish Pikmin 3, soon!

Switch gets such bangers but its really kind of sad how old the hardware is getting, these titles deserve better.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Such amazing news. Love Pikmin. It's both a feel good game and also super intense. Completed and loved every single one of them so far.

The troll with the mobile Pikmin app was *chef's kiss*

Saber

Gold Member
I don't understand. It's Pikmin. You know what to expect.

Recent Pikimins showed that they adopted different mechanics to shake up things. Even though the core gameplay remains the same, theres no way you can believe there won't be a few new things and changes in the new one.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Recent Pikimins showed that they adopted different mechanics to shake up things. Even though the core gameplay remains the same, theres no way you can believe there won't be a few new things and changes in the new one.
Probably new pikmin with new abilities. I wouldn't be surprised if it remains mainly multitasking to solve problems as fast as possible. But that's what makes it pikmin so that's ok.

Saber

Gold Member
Probably new pikmin with new abilities. I wouldn't be surprised if it remains mainly multitasking to solve problems as fast as possible. But that's what makes it pikmin so that's ok.

Which brings us to exactly where I started. I wanted to see the new stuff(or at least a glipse of what is to come). The core basics I already know and love, theres no changing in that and its one of reasons I'm a fan of Pikmin.
It reminds me of the DQ new game that just announced the logo and the game nowadays is basically dead in terms of news since then. I would rather have something more substancial.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Which brings us to exactly where I started. I wanted to see the new stuff(or at least a glipse of what is to come). The core basics I already know and love, theres no changing in that and its one of reasons I'm a fan of Pikmin.
It reminds me of the DQ new game that just announced the logo and the game nowadays is basically dead in terms of news since then. I would rather have something more substancial.
I definitely want to see new pikmins

jdforge

Banned
Not sure why but I think Nintendo are hinting at new hardware with this reveal. Something about the words used regarding the perspective of the game.

Curious if it goes more open-world. Pikmin would actually be a great fit for that style, if they can pull it off. And maybe that’s part of why 4 has taken so long.

Last edited:
Top Bottom