• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza Hut Canada introduces Crunchy Cheesy Bites Pizza (Cheesy Bites w/ corn flakes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Pizza Hut's Crunchy Cheesy Bites Pizza Now in Canada

Pizza Hut Canada's latest new pizza is the Crunchy Cheesy Bites Pizza, which is basically a Cheesy Bites Pizza but with a topping of cornflakes on the Cheesy Bites for added crunch.

If you're unfamiliar with the Cheesy Bites Pizza, it's basically a Stuffed Crust Pizza with the end crust cut into bite-sized pieces and twisted so that the cheese is facing outward.

While the Crunchy Cheese Bites Pizza is new to North America, it has been making the rounds (in various forms) in Asia and the Middle East for at least several years (which is also where they picked up the Crown Crust Pizza).

Personally, I'd like it better if they just made the actual crust crunchy but if you're in Canada and looking to try this, it's available at $17 CAN (~$16.29 US) for a large with two toppings.

3Jz2fK1.jpg

What? They just take the frozen preformed thing out of a box.
I've worked at a Pizza Hut for 6 years and while most, if not all Pizza Huts have indeed moved to commissary dough, this is one of the most time consuming pizzas to make... it starts out as a regular stuffed crust then a series of rings are placed on the inside and outside of the crust to evenly cut the crust pieces, the force of your entire body weight will usually do the job. Each of the pieces is then turned by hand afterwards.

I'd say a few minutes for each pizza, but multiplied by 100 or so can wear you out.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Looks nasty, to be honest. I start to imagine what cheese and cornflakes would taste like and grimace. This pizza certainly isn't for me.

I always get the shits when I eat pizzas. I think it may be when I have stuffed crust with cheese ones as it seems to happen more often with those.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Or, how to make your trips to the shitter even worse.

Having actually tried it, it's completely revolting. Like, the worst weird pizza idea they've ever had. I didn't even mind that cream cheese, meatball crust they did a while back.

Clydefrog

What? They just take the frozen preformed thing out of a box.

I've worked at a Pizza Hut for 6 years and while most, if not all Pizza Huts have indeed moved to commissary dough, this is one of the most time consuming pizzas to make... it starts out as a regular stuffed crust then a series of rings are placed on the inside and outside of the crust to evenly cut the crust pieces, the force of your entire body weight will usually do the job. Each of the pieces is then turned by hand afterwards.

I'd say a few minutes for each pizza, but multiplied by 100 or so can wear you out.

see? told you, Konka. I win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom