• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grill cheese Stuffed Crust Pizza is a thing now at Pizza Hut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gin-Shiio

Reminds me of Nightmare on Elm Street

tumblr_nvzwxn1GzU1qdezf9o1_500.gif

images

12 dollars for a pizza with some different colored cheese in the crust? They have a deal where you can get 2 medium pizzas, breadsticks, and a cookie for 20 dollars.

hoos30

I tried one yesterday. The crust is terrific, like really good. The "cheese" part of the crust is just blah. If they could find a way to get that part meltier, it would be a smash hit.

It's good. The cheese in the crust tastes a lot better than the cheese in the standard stuffed crust pizza. The actual pizza part is still mediocre, though.

Sanjuro

always go with the mom and pop shops

better ingredients

better pizza

your local family owned pizza shop

This isn't always the case either.

The chains offer general reliability. Local shops are very much a toss up, especially depending on where you are located. If you're near a city you are probably in good shape. If you're in some podunk town, you very well may just have locally owned pizza shops which are all garbage.

This isn't always the case either.

The chains offer general reliability. Local shops are very much a toss up, especially depending on where you are located. If you're near a city you are probably in good shape. If you're in some podunk town, you very well may just have locally owned pizza shops which are all garbage.

well, i guess in my case i'm fortunate then.

Jzero

I bought it last night and it wasn't so bad as people are making it out to be. It tasted better reheated in the oven than when i got it fresh though which is weird.

What about a stuffed beer cheese pretzel crust?

It's only a matter of time. Getting a Stuffed Pretzel crust is easily the best thing at Pizza Hut. I could see them doing a whole Stuffed Pretzel line. Beer Cheese, Nacho Cheese, Bacon Cheese... so many cheeses to ram up that salty crust hole

French's classic yellow mustard is nasty?! Now you're just making shit up. Let's stay on point, the abomination here is the pizza.

French's yellow mustard is the most disgusting food item ever conceived.

Who would ever put that retched slime over a delicious Pizza?

Hats off to Pizza Hut here for at least giving this a try. Of all the crazy pizza crust ideas they've had over the years, the grilled cheese crust really took me by surprise. It's one of those things that you see and think, "wow, I would have literally never thought of that". The marketing dude who conceived it is an absolute genius and madman - give him a raise as soon as possible.

As for the pizza - I haven't had it myself. Not sure if I'm going to, to be honest. I've seen some reviews on YouTube, and it seems like the general consensus is that it is a good idea with poor execution. Apparently the cheese used for the grilled cheese crust is incredibly processed American cheese... can't say I'm too surprised, but I'm still a little saddened. Pizza Hut's cheddar crust flavor is pretty good - I figured they'd just go ahead and use that same exact cheese for this.

Regardless of the overall quality, I applaud Pizza Hut for taking a risk here. They're the only big name pizza joint that is still innovating. They are constantly pushing the envelope and changing the game.

This of course begs the question - what's next? Where can they go from here? I for one could see them doing a mac and cheese stuffed crust pizza. It seems like the next logical step forward.

Pizza Hut needs to improve their ingredients before I ever order from them again. These tacky gimmick pizzas are always gross and are not what they should be focusing on.

Pizza Hut needs to improve their ingredients before I ever order from them again. These tacky gimmick pizzas are always gross and are not what they should be focusing on.

Pizza Hut tasted better 15-20 years ago. I mean, they were never as good as my local favorites, but they were by far the best chain.

I tried this tonight. What an abomination, one of the worst pizzas I've ever had. I don't think I've eaten anything that converts from food to concentrated regret so quickly.

The "magic" of the crust is some sort of processed orange cheese crap with a pizza crust wrapped around it. That's it. It's a downgrade from a normal stuffed crust in every possible way. You'd think there would be a crisp texture at least but no, it's soggy with grease and that's all you can taste. That and the discomforting texture of the "cheese."

Recommended only if your self esteem could use a good beating. Ugh.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Been wondering this for a while, who was the monster that decided that cheddar should replace American cheese in grilled cheese sandwiches?
While a grilled cheese is the only situation other than a bbq grilled burger where American cheese is acceptable. In both instances cheddar or other types of cheese are equal or usually better. It's no one's fault but your own that you cannot appreciate true cheese. Stick to Texas toast n00b.

I took a canon shot of the pizza when I had it.

FCi1sm1.jpg

What's a canon shot? Do you mean a shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom