• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza Hut Hong Kong offering pizza on a pizza, while Australia gets Mexicana Pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Pizza Hut Hong Kong - Pizza on a Pizza:

So while Pizza Hut Singapore offers pizza within a pizza this Christmas, not so far away in Hong Kong, the chain is offering pizza on a pizza: the Cheesy Opera pizza!

Each Cheesy Opera pizza features a base pizza with chicken, ham, beef, pork, tomato, oregano, and red onion on tomato sauce, plus Twisted Cheese crust (which is like Stuffed Crust but with partial dough coverage and two types of cheese). On top of this is stacked a smaller, crispy thin crust pizza with one of two topping combinations.

On the Cheesy Opera Pizza with Smoked Ham, you'll find Canadian ham folded into rosettes, beef, pork, pepperoni, Japanese cucumber, mushroom, pineapple, green pepper, and black olives on tomato sauce. One of these will cost you $173 HK (~$22.32 US).

On the Cheesy Opera Pizza with Scallop, you'll find scallop, clam meat, Japanese cucumber, mushroom, peach, red pepper, on pesto sauce finished with a swirl of honey mustard sauce. This one costs a little more than the Smoked Ham version at $220 HK (~$28.32 US)

I'm not sure why it's called the Cheesy Opera. Perhaps Pizza Hut is trying to suggest that each pizza is an opera of flavor? Each pizza certainly has enough ingredients for a full symphony...

UZW8Z.jpg

Meanwhile, Down Under:

Pizza Hut Australia is Now Serving Mexicana, Tandoori Chicken and Surf & Turf Pizzas
:

According to sources, Pizza Hut Australia introduced a signature line of pizzas earlier this year, and the latest one to hit the spotlight is a gem they’re calling the Mexicana Pizza.

The pie is topped with steak, red bell peppers, jalapenos, a lining of sour cream and a dollop of guacamole and corn tortilla chips in the center.

Other pizzas in the country’s signature line include a Tandoori Chicken pizza and a Surf & Turf pizza (pictured below). The Tandoori Chicken pizza features Tandoori Chicken (durrr), mango chutney, spanish onion, diced tomato, chives and mint yogurt. The Surf and Turf features steak strips, prawns, spanish onion, diced tomato, chives and a hollandaise sauce drizzle.

Mexicana:

hL6uE.jpg

Tandoori Chicken:

4LeFH.jpg

Surf & Turf:

Q9W1p.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
That scallop cheesy opera looks awesome.

Pizza Hut already passed the point of ridiculous when they made a "crust" out of cheeseburgers:

fLxY3.jpg

A pizza sitting on top of a pizza sounds tame.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I never understood asia's fascination with all these goofy toppings. Once, I told my korean aunt I wanted pizza, she bought this shrimp pizza where they replaced the tomato sauce with some hot sauce. AND BROCCOLI JUST TO TOP IT OFF!

Dresden

Tandoori pizzas are pretty damn awesome, even if it's Pizza Hut.

I never understood asia's fascination with all these goofy toppings. Once, I told my korean aunt I wanted pizza, she bought this shrimp pizza where they replaced the tomato sauce with some hot sauce. AND BROCCOLI JUST TO TOP IT OFF!

Once upon a time my mama took me and my bro to liberal hippieland, and they were putting like barbecue sauce on the dough. Crazy world.

Branduil

Naw, you just don't have the tolerance for it anymore.

Possibly, but it really does seem like their regular pizzas have really declined in quality. Their crust, tomato sauce, and cheese are just so bland and unappealing in texture. They've replaced Domino's as the worst of the big three pizza chains for me.

CPS2

Pizza Hut in Aus is pretty much the last place you'd ever want to buy pizza. Worst bases of all time, pretty much the same quality as a generic frozen base from the supermarket.

Veggies on top of pizza's are an abomination unto the pizza gods and should rightfully be shunned.

Sailor

You guys are talking about chain pizza?

Got that right. Can't compete with the consistency of chain pizza's. Don't get me wrong, local places are pretty good but I always get mixed results when ordering from the same place more than once.

Branduil

Got that right. Can't compete with the consistency of chain pizza's. Don't get me wrong, local places are pretty good but I always get mixed results when ordering from the same place more than once.

You need better local places then.

way more

I find "why don't you just eat local" gaf repugnant. But this guys favorite place is Papa Johns?

My theory, he's a libertarian that supports their anti-ACA stance. Libertarians are known for their ability to ignore plain facts and obvious reason so it makes sense.

trinest

Those pizzas have existed in Australia, even the Mexicana one which they say is new. :|

I worked at Pizza Hut once.

Sailor

I find "why don't you just eat local" gaf repugnant. But this guys favorite place is Papa Johns?

My theory, he's a libertarian that supports their anti-ACA stance. Libertarians are known for their ability to ignore plain facts and obvious reason so it makes sense.

Haha, matter of taste is fact now?

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Those pizzas have existed in Australia, even the Mexicana one which they say is new. :|

I worked at Pizza Hut once.

I seen a guy who spent a few days working with me delivering for Domino's when I went to get my pizzas. Couldn't hack it. Was good lols.

Those Pizza Hut ones for Aus actually look pretty tasty. Domino's is better though.

Papa Johns is by far my favorite Pizza Chain. Their BBQ chicken Pizza is unmatched by any other pizza anywhere. And I liked them before they publicly threatened to raise prices if Obama was re-elected.

Grassy

Pizza Hut in Aus is pretty much the last place you'd ever want to buy pizza. Worst bases of all time, pretty much the same quality as a generic frozen base from the supermarket.

Yeah Pizza Hut is the last place I'd go for pizza in Australia, in-fact we don't even have one in Byron Bay. We'll get Domino's only if it's a last resort(ie: if everyone's really drunk) but we always normally use the local independent pizzerias. They're always way more generous with their toppings, though of course more expensive. Earth 'n' Sea pizza is my favourite in Byron Bay.

way more

Papa Johns is by far my favorite Pizza Chain. Their BBQ chicken Pizza is unmatched by any other pizza anywhere. And I liked them before they publicly threatened to raise prices if Obama was re-elected.

Haha. My theory that says Libertarians like Papa John's holds weight.

Now just to find the link.

I just don't like how doughy the crust is. It's less crust and more like Olive Garden's breadsticks. I love those breadsticks but not as a dough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom