• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza Hut Hong Kong offering pizza on a pizza, while Australia gets Mexicana Pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustav

Banned
All I can counter with is this.

phillytaco.jpg

philly+taco.PNG

God, I could use 6 of each right now.

No, just no!!!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Pizza Hut Egypt need to step their game up. One of my life's aspirations is to eat a pizza within a pizza whilst gazing upon the Great Pyramid of Giza.

jswjh.jpg

akira28

Papa Johns is by far my favorite Pizza Chain. Their BBQ chicken Pizza is unmatched by any other pizza anywhere. And I liked them before they publicly threatened to raise prices if Obama was re-elected.

The only thinks Papa Johns has going for it is the butter sauce, the cheese bread, the cinnamon sticks, and the bbq chicken pizza. Nothing else. Nothng. Else.

All I could think of in this thread was Cheesy Blasters

You take a hot dog, stuff it with some jack cheese, fold it in a pizza, you've got cheesy blasters!

And then all the kids would say: "Thanks, Meat Cat!", and then he flies away on his, ...umm skateboard.

diamount

Banned
Got that right. Can't compete with the consistency of chain pizza's. Don't get me wrong, local places are pretty good but I always get mixed results when ordering from the same place more than once.

Consistency of being greasy, overpriced and tasty like cardboard maybe.

Munin

Pizza Hut are mediocre but in HK they have an offshoot called PHD that's bloody amazing, true deep dish pizza with barbecue sauce and other kinds of shit, oh god yes

You're right.

Papa-Johns-being-sued-for-250-million-.jpg

I don't think I have ever had Papa John's. However, the best pizza I ever had for the price was at a place called Beazbeaux or some shit in Indianapolis. The crust and toppings were fresh as hell -- never tasted a better pizza. I wish they were a big chain, granted that their quality could sustain itself as such.

Consistency of being greasy, overpriced and tasty like cardboard maybe.

Pizza Hut is consistently the greasiest pizza I can buy around here with Little Ceasars tasting the most like cardboard and I live in shitty Cleveland. I don't know where you live, but I feel sorry for you, man. :/

Although I'll admit that our local chain Pizza Pan has completely gone to shit over the years.

Guys Pizza however is AMAZING.

Pizza Hut Egypt need to step their game up. One of my life's aspirations is to eat a pizza within a pizza whilst gazing upon the Great Pyramid of Giza.

jswjh.jpg

Woah, what a fascinating photo. Kinda looks like it shouldn't even exist... because a Pizza Hut having a view of the Pyramids is just a depressing thought :\

Is it at the visitor center or something? Not only does it seem super close, but there are no other buildings between it and the Pyramids...

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Woah, what a fascinating photo. Kinda looks like it shouldn't even exist... because a Pizza Hut having a view of the Pyramids is just a depressing thought :\

Is it at the visitor center or something? Not only does it seem super close, but there are no other buildings between it and the Pyramids...
Better yet, there's a KFC under it. :lol

Zyzyxxz

FYI Pizza Hut in Hong Kong is like a fancy restaurants, most of the time people dine in there and there are tablecloths and nice silverware, you'd be surprised.

Shit's expensive though, I remember a small pizza usually being like $15.

Got that right. Can't compete with the consistency of chain pizza's. Don't get me wrong, local places are pretty good but I always get mixed results when ordering from the same place more than once.

This is like a polar opposite of my area. Chain's are good one day terrible the next. The locals I go to are always on point.

Adam J.

I don't think I have ever had Papa John's. However, the best pizza I ever had for the price was at a place called Beazbeaux or some shit in Indianapolis. The crust and toppings were fresh as hell -- never tasted a better pizza. I wish they were a big chain, granted that their quality could sustain itself as such.

That place is just a few minutes from me! It's pretty decent. A friend of mine used to work there and would hook me up with free lunch.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I am OK with Mexicana. I have had "taco" pizzas a few times and sour cream and ground beef are oddly satisfying. But then I like all Za, from cracker-thin Neapolitan margherita, to Hawaiian deep dish with anchovies. Come at me New York, you overrated self congratulatory frauds.

Caveat: I also enjoy New York za.

I find "why don't you just eat local" gaf repugnant. But this guys favorite place is Papa Johns?

My theory, he's a libertarian that supports their anti-ACA stance. Libertarians are known for their ability to ignore plain facts and obvious reason so it makes sense.
Chain pizza hardly qualifies as pizza. While I'm usually a proponent of some chain restaurants, it's inimical to the very concept of pizza to order from a chain.

That place is just a few minutes from me! It's pretty decent. A friend of mine used to work there and would hook me up with free lunch.

Lucky bastard. I love their pizza. Although I'm sure I'd get sick of it after a while. I'm already pretty sick of Guys Pizza and they're the best spot in Cleveland.

The mark of a good pizza is one that reheats nicely in a microwave. If a pizza still tastes good microwaved then that is a bomb ass pizza. Guys and a lot of local chains fall into that category. Pizza Hut? Not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom