• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza |OT| Food of the Gods

Bq8LJDml.jpg

- Detroit Style Pizza
- Greek, Feta, Moz cheese
- Chicken
- Spinach
- Tomatoes
- Mushroom

It looks like this (except different toppings) when not super close-up.

I haven't had a pizza in forever x_x

inm8num2

I love making pesto and putting it on a homemade crust along with goat or feta cheese, sun dried tomatoes, roasted eggplant, and olive oil.

n0n44m

Ah pizza ...

had some very mediocre takeaway pizza last week (in terms of crust/sauce), so I decided to redo it myself this week with sort of the same toppings : onions, bell peppers, ham & chorizo, cheese (Mozz, Gorgonzola & Brie)

added a little bit of olive oil and sugar to the dough to get it a bit more "takeaway" style, got me some nice fluffy pie with a crispy crust :)

1 minute - 8 minutes

Ah pizza ...

had some very mediocre takeaway pizza last week (in terms of crust/sauce), so I decided to redo it myself this week with sort of the same toppings : onions, bell peppers, ham & chorizo, cheese (Mozz, Gorgonzola & Brie)

added a little bit of olive oil and sugar to the dough to get it a bit more "takeaway" style, got me some nice fluffy pie with a crispy crust :)

1 minute - 8 minutes

Damn, I need this in my life.

VanWinkle

Ah pizza ...

1 minute - 8 minutes

The baking steel holding up alright? Still need to get one of those. My stone is looking horrendous.

n0n44m

The baking steel holding up alright? Still need to get one of those. My stone is looking horrendous.

yeah use it all the time, for bread & bagels as well :)

I only clean it when I'm using it; I just run some water over it, brush off all the char (sometimes with a piece of flat metal) and put it in the oven

I've not used stones in this oven so I can't compare, but it should work just as fine with an added benefit of being pretty much unbreakable (if you have multiple grates you could put the stone above the steel to get dual convection heat ...)

I was browsing some pizza websites/forums to look whether there's some interesting new techniques or equipment, but I think the only real improvement I can get is when I buy/build a real (large!) wood fired oven and reach much higher temperatures...

there are some guys building/selling smaller wood or propane ovens that look like fun, but ultimately those temperatures don't seem that much higher, and I need something indoor that I can bake ~5 pies in a row on

So I'll stick with my setup for the near future :)
for the record the pizza above was at 275C convection in the lowest part of the oven. I could get it close to 350C by putting it on top and do some hacks to stop the broiler from cycling off, but that shouldn't be done when you're using as much toppings as I was yesterday (Margherita only)

Grzi

N2NPG6d.jpg

Quick pizza I made today, I made it in a rush so the dough wasn't as good as usual, but it was still tastier than 95% of the stuff you can get in my city.
Sauce was made with canned tomatoes mixed with garlic and basil (and a pinch of salt and sugar), regular mozzarella and Grana Padano sprinkled before and after the pizza was done.
Sorry for the Instagram pic, it was easier to upload it that way lol.

upandaway

Tried making some for the first time today (<- first time I made any kind of bread, actually)

ZcxkBMZ.jpg

So many things went wrong the whole way and I improvised from the recipe like 5 times (someone almost finished the olives between when I checked and made the thing.. how cruel), but I guess precision isn't a big deal because it turned out pretty great.

Still have 3 portions left, can't wait to play with it and tweak it until it's my preference. The best reason to make pizza, right there.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I finally got a pizza stone to replace my pizza crisper and my God, what a difference. I have tested it using a supermarket pizza which before was soggy, floppy, pale and generally not that great. But not any more, now it's firm, crispy and even has some sexy dark spots. Easily the best £12 I've ever spent.

LordAlu

I finally got a pizza stone to replace my pizza crisper and my God, what a difference. I have tested it using a supermarket pizza which before was soggy, floppy, pale and generally not that great. But not any more, now it's firm, crispy and even has some sexy dark spots. Easily the best £12 I've ever spent.
UK? Where did you pick one up from?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet, I will pick one up. Been looking for something like this! :)

You'll love it. I have the absolute worst oven as well, it doesn't get very hot nor does it cook evenly but this stone has made all the difference. It really cuts down on the cooking time as well, the pizza in my photo cooked in 5 minutes flat.

Did anyone else used to love this?

72180637451.jpg

It still pains me that they discontinued it. I also can't believe none of the chain stores haven't tried their own variation. Is it that hard or expensive to make? Seems like with Pizza Hut having a different variation of their cheese stuffed crust pizza seemingly every week, they would eventually try this.

Making a pizza for dinner tonight. My grandmother taught me her dough recipe about two years ago and through much trial and error myself for a few months I finally go to the point where my dough would come out perfectly every time. When your 80 year old grandmother who has been baking for her entire life compliments your pizza then you know you did something right. Grandma's rule.

Sometimes if I have a little excess dough I'll make a panzarotti.

I don't have much ingredients in the house tonight so debating on what to top it with. Might just make a cheese and sauce pizza.

Ekdrm2d1

I received a Pizza Hut gift card a few years ago. Was cleaning house and figured I'll go a head and use it. Ordered a medium black olive, onion, and green bellpepper pan pizza. It's not terrible, but it's not that good. I'll rate it 4/10

I never eat chain pizza, I gave the remaining $6 on the gift card as a tip to the employee. It might have made their night :)

No pictures, sorry.

so Pizza bros, cheese over or under the toppings? I've generally put my sauce, then toppings, and finally cheese on top. But sometimes I find my entire toppings falling off my crust when I try eating and I'm not sure why this is. Would putting cheese first over the sauce help the toppings and cheese stick better or is there something else I'm missing on why my toppings slide off with the cheese? Like literally all the toppings and cheese slide off in one layer and leaves a sauce bread crust under it.

Yah I tried the cheese after sauce and then toppings on top, mixed it a bit as well. Worked great! Toppings and cheese don't slide off. Toppings sink into the cheese and stick perfectly. Don't know why I've never done it this way before.

I've been making pizza myself for about a year or so and just constantly learning new things. It takes a while to master but once you do it is awesome every single time.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I'm gonna try my first from-scratch today, providing the shops near me do dried yeast anyway. Zero idea what I want to put on it but I'll figure out when I get to the shop.

Wish me luck!

http://blazepizza.com/

A pizza place worth checking out in my opinion (one just opened up around my area recently). You can see the servers build the pizza to your liking and it takes about 3-5 mins for the pizza to be fully ready (depending on the waiting time)

PG2G

http://blazepizza.com/

A pizza place worth checking out in my opinion (one just opened up around my area recently). You can see the servers build the pizza to your liking and it takes about 3-5 mins for the pizza to be fully ready (depending on the waiting time)

The whole "Subway" or pizza seems like the new trend nowadays. We have a fee places that have popped up here in the last few years, including 800 degrees (from the creator of Umami Burger). Haven't tried any of them yet. It does look pretty legit. Awesome to see there is one in my area too

Blaze isn't bad. I tried it a month or so ago.

I tried DiGornio Pizzeria which is pretty solid. Too skimpy on the sauce and toppings but the crust is pretty solid.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Think I'm starting to like jalapeños on pizza. Weird since I never like spicy food. Even at this age I guess taste buds can change.

terrisus

Hey, I never realized there was a Pizza OT. I need to start posting here more often.

Anyway, I've been down in Central CT for the past few years (it's where my wife is from, I spent my entire life prior to the past few years in Western MA). I know "New Haven-style Pizza" is supposed to be the thing around here, but I haven't gotten around to trying it.

But, the place I've found around here that I love is a place called Pine Loft in Berlin, CT.

Usually I'll get either Extra Cheese and Pepperoni, or Extra Cheese, Pepperoni, and Buffalo Chicken.
Today I decided to do something a bit different though, and got Extra Cheese, Pepperoni, and Salami

Not quite as good as usual today (disappointing cheese coverage on the right side), but still very good.
Of course, we're having a snowstorm today too. I left a nice tip.

M2djpYn.jpg

Tizoc

The recent Pizza thread made me crave some pizza...
DSCF5967.jpg2.jpg

Papa John's Chicken Ranch Pizza is me, my family and friends' FAVOURITE pizza from them over here. It just tastes...good.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Shrimp Pesto is the best pizza nobody seems to know about.

Hey, I never realized there was a Pizza OT. I need to start posting here more often.

Anyway, I've been down in Central CT for the past few years (it's where my wife is from, I spent my entire life prior to the past few years in Western MA). I know "New Haven-style Pizza" is supposed to be the thing around here, but I haven't gotten around to trying it.

But, the place I've found around here that I love is a place called Pine Loft in Berlin, CT.

Usually I'll get either Extra Cheese and Pepperoni, or Extra Cheese, Pepperoni, and Buffalo Chicken.
Today I decided to do something a bit different though, and got Extra Cheese, Pepperoni, and Salami

Not quite as good as usual today (disappointing cheese coverage on the right side), but still very good.
Of course, we're having a snowstorm today too. I left a nice tip.

M2djpYn.jpg
Welp, looks like I know the next pizza place I'm trying out.

Go_Ly_Dow

I just saw a guy walking back from a supermarket with a frozen pizza in hand.

He had the biggest grin I have ever seen.

We've all seen that person on the high street.

stock-photo-young-cheerful-man-holding-a-stack-of-pizza-boxes-191172617.jpg

Top Bottom