• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza |OT| Food of the Gods

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Normally I make my own pies. However, tonight I'm feeling lazy and just want to watch the NBA playoffs with a pie so I ordered a deep dish from dominos online and I'm now being serenaded with classic r&b from the online order site. Slow jams singing about pizza.

Dominos has really turned their image around and quality as well. Hope it's as good as being serenaded with this music.

Bread

Banned
Normally I make my own pies. However, tonight I'm feeling lazy and just want to watch the NBA playoffs with a pie so I ordered a deep dish from dominos online and I'm now being serenaded with classic r&b from the online order site. Slow jams singing about pizza.

Dominos has really turned their image around and quality as well. Hope it's as good as being serenaded with this music.
it's not, turn back now while you still can.

edit: welp, i think im a little late on that

how was it?

I'm sad and depressed and all I want is a pizza. But I'm broke atm. :( SAD PANDA!

Make one!

Just flour, yeast, water, and salt!
Throw some tomatopuree on that shit once risen, whatever cheese you have laying around, toppings, et voila!

There's a couple of pizza dough recipes and tips couple of pages back.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
how was it?

Not too bad, actually. It obviously wasn't better than my normal homemade pizza. But it got the job done and was OK just a bit greasy. When I make my own it's usually thin ny style so I was filled up quickly with the thicker dough.

2.5/5 pizzas.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I made my first pizza. It is looks horrible lol. But at least I know how to make dough now! Next time I'll actually think things through in terms of how to top it.

ZUBS3eq.jpg

I saw some here post about letting it rise for many hours. What does this mean and what does it do? You just let it sit after making the dough? Mine was just yeast, warm water, sugar, olive oil, and salt. Seemed to turn out fine, a bit too thick but that's just a shaping problem, next time I'll spread it out thinner.

GhaleonEB

Gluten-free crust, fresh mozzarella chunks, shredded Parmesan, garlic, pepperoni.

BI5nw2JCIAEYOmx.jpg

One of the first pizza crusts since going gluten-free that wasn't terrible. This one was packaged, but we're slowly ramping up our gluten-free baking, buying more and more ingredients. Will try a from-scratch crust soon.

It was so good to have a decent pizza. First in what feels like ages.

I made my first pizza. It is looks horrible lol. But at least I know how to make dough now! Next time I'll actually think things through in terms of how to top it.

I saw some here post about letting it rise for many hours. What does this mean and what does it do? You just let it sit after making the dough? Mine was just yeast, warm water, sugar, olive oil, and salt. Seemed to turn out fine, a bit too thick but that's just a shaping problem, next time I'll spread it out thinner.

Plenty of ways to go about it.
You could do a slow rise, in which you put it in your fridge and let it rise for 18-72 hours. Or you leave the dough, loosely covered by cling film or a towel, in a hot area for about 2 hours.

What I do when I want to make pan pizzas is to flatten the dough out and let it rise in the shape it'll be baked. The advantage of that method is that you run no risk of accidentally pushing out any air bubbles in the risen dough, as I often end up doing when I let it rise and then shape it into a pizza pie :p

Seanspeed

Banned
Decided to be bad and ordered a pizza tonight. But I'm leaving soon and I need to at least have it one more time, as this local joint is the best pizza place I've ever been to.

Got a Chicken Florentine white pizza. Its so ridiculously amazing.

kcX92fl.jpg

Bread

Banned
I made a delicious pancetta and blue cheese white pizza last night with some garlic, parmesean, mozzarella, and herbs de provence. I absolutely love blue cheese on pizza, and it was delicious.

crpav

b3W2XgI.jpg

On Sunday made a stuffed crust pepperoni pizza. Was AMAZING. From scratch dough which as a thick dough fan was better than any dough I have had before. Kind of heavy with the cheese on top so you can't see the pepperoni.

-PXG-

It's almost 2 am here..... I'm wide awake. Girl is asleep and not picking up her damn phone. Got tons of pizza left. Resisting urge to house that shit right now.

I'm starving....fuck

Make one!

Just flour, yeast, water, and salt!
Throw some tomatopuree on that shit once risen, whatever cheese you have laying around, toppings, et voila!

There's a couple of pizza dough recipes and tips couple of pages back.
Now you've got me curious. I foresee the birth of a pizza in the horizon...yes, this weekend, perhaps...

gamma

Wish Pizza Hut would deliver in Berlin. Also have a Dominos close but their delivery zone is so fucking small. I live like 50m beyond the zone lol. Want some American chain pizza.

I got like two dozen local chains ready to deliver, in addition to a Dominos and Pizza Hut.
I love the sides from Dominos, but their pizzas are worse than Pizza Hut's so I'm in quite a pickle.

Best OT is still in OT.
Pizza doesn't belong in community.

So I ordered a couple of medium pizzas from Papa John's for the first time. Turns out it's also the last time. They were really stingy with the toppings. It was more like a token presence than anything else. Quite disappointing. I know Dominos gets a lot of hate around here but man you can't pick up a slice of their pizza without something or the other dropping off. They just load their pizzas up with the toppings.

Anyway, this is what it was....

What the hell, I've never seen corn applied to pizza like that.
Yeah, that's a pretty pitiful amount of toppings.

Dominos are really good with loading pizza pies with toppings here in the UK as well.

So I ordered a couple of medium pizzas from Papa John's for the first time. Turns out it's also the last time. They were really stingy with the toppings. It was more like a token presence than anything else. Quite disappointing. I know Dominos gets a lot of hate around here but man you can't pick up a slice of their pizza without something or the other dropping off. They just load their pizzas up with the toppings.

Anyway, this is what it was....
Is that corn? Doesn't look like anything available in NA. Do you live in Hawaii or something?

I have to have ranch to dip my pizza in. Has anyone tried one of those pre made boxed pizzas you can get in Wal-Mart by the deli? They are pretty good for a store pizza

Rikkun

I'm on an 18 hours job marathon and gf just delivered me some fries and wurstel pizza.

(I'm in Italy and the hates blue cheese -or gorgonzola-)

Best
fake
gf ever

Lotto

c0nzIob.jpg

Anyone else fans? There's something strangely satisfying to me about an anchovy pizza. I don't get to eat it often since I usually eat pizza with groups of people and it's not a popular choice, but man it's delicious.

Top Bottom