• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Players aren't happy with Niantic's latest Pokemon GO update

hemo memo

Gold Member
Na, Nintendo controls Pokémon on every hardware. The Pokemon Company is also a Japanese company anyway, jointly ran by Nintendo, Gamefreak and Creatures. Niantic probably just did their own thing.
Yes, maybe this one flew under the radar, but TPC shouldn’t let it progress any further. Before you know it, every Pokémon will have more genders than there are stars in the sky.

Season 6 What GIF by Paramount+

Kaachan

Are women seriously pleased with seeing femininity being squashed out for the benefit of a tiny percentage of men who want to feel included?
Hell no we aren't and these woke developers and publishers never seem to understand that

We need to get away from the mindset what female characters can’t have sex appeal or at least some fucking beauty appeal

I don’t think trans girls want to look less feminine. I bet seeing their character look more manly all of a sudden is pretty triggering.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
In the future we will require all women to get breast reductions and testosterone therapy, that will really make women feel better about themselves.

Last edited:

mnkl13

wait so the female body model is now the same model used for the male body? so women lost a model of their own in this game and now are limited to using the one created for men with minor tweaks? well that's feminism alright.

Last edited:

mnkl13

I don’t think trans girls want to look less feminine. I bet seeing their character look more manly all of a sudden is pretty triggering.
unless they themselves become the new model of what femininity should look like. they don't want to look less feminine, that's right, and even tho they like it, the current model of femininity is unachievable for them. so the solution is to manage expectations. just look at their power. and women are doing nothing against this.

Last edited:

Pallas

I haven’t played Pokemkn Go in a while. Their character/avatar customization was pretty basic, and kind of barebones, with some free cosmetics and bunch of ones you can buy with their in game currency.

I get that it’s suppose to appeal to all age groups, and they can’t have busty, thick anime waifus, but why change something that didn’t need to be change? Nothing was wrong with the old formula, now you got avatars that are worse, less appealing, and seems to be agenda driven woke politics? I guess that’s Niantic for you.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
I haven’t played Pokemkn Go in a while. Their character/avatar customization was pretty basic, and kind of barebones, with some free cosmetics and bunch of ones you can buy with their in game currency.

I get that it’s suppose to appeal to all age groups, and they can’t have busty, thick anime waifus, but why change something that didn’t need to be change? Nothing was wrong with the old formula, now you got avatars that are worse, less appealing, and seems to be agenda driven woke politics? I guess that’s Niantic for you.
Something that didn’t need to be change? You realize how many women the old avatars killed?

FeralEcho

xdGiRDY.png

Her ass is so flat that her backpack now makes her look like Quasimodo

the hunchback of notre dame disney GIF

And thats an insult to Quasimodo as he has more form than whatever the fuck these brainless devs were trying to convey with these garbage design choices.

Eimran

Every gamer who's sick of this woke agenda.

If they do this with Pokémon Go what's to stop them to do this with other upcoming games. It's already happening and it only seems to getting worse.

It's very simple. If it's politically motivated it should never be implemented in a game.

And before some start: but what about games with political themes?
That's not what I mean and you know it.

Top Bottom