• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 is already on it's best year ever in Japan... It's still June.

Woopah

Hardware-wise it's going to be the best year for a PlayStation platform in Japan since the PSP days. Good news for Sony!

Go_Ly_Dow

FF Effect will only be felt from this week onwards i think.
FF and other big IP effect is already factored in to the hardware sales, with people beginning to make the switch from PS4 to PS5 to play these big games from last year.

Last edited:

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Oh i thought Ps3 was much higher 🤡
Nah PS3 was doing just as poorly as PS4 in Japan. The only reason it ended up outselling the PS4 is that it had more time on the market before shipments/nexgen cut it off.
They were selling very close for first 6 years though.

Klosshufvud

I attribute this to the fact that PS5 has BC capabilities. It's way easier to jump into a new gen knowing you can just play all your older games (in higher resolutions, frame rates) without needing to wait ages for that one killer app. This is also why the PS5 has less software sales than expected IMO. People want to bring their PS4 catalog with them and are probably still playing PS4 games in great numbers.

Three

What is the CONTEXT of these numbers? Do theybrefer to two different consoles? Predictions? Seriously OP, put some effort in.
They are cumulative numbers for the PS5 at different weeks in different years. It's basically showing that this year half way through the year it has sold more than the entirety of 2022 and the entirety of 2021.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Ps5 is a safe purchase, and the deep games, VR lifting off.
Joe Biden Reaction GIF by The Democrats

Top Bottom