• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store Best Selling November Games

v_iHuGi

Banned
The 3 first party games are top 10! Nice!

Matter of time before Sony 1st party fully occupies top 10.

They´ll keep bringing the heat, these games are leggier then ever, thanks to PS Store massive 110M+ userbase alongside massive deals keep many people coming years after years.

See God of War is still selling millions to this day.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Kind of sad that Sackboy didn't make top 20 on PS4 in either region though. Great to see Demon's Souls so high and TLOU2 still killing it.

6 and 8 on PS5 though where there's less of the usual shit (Minecraft) to buy.

Sackboy is a surprised to be this high.

Is the game good ?

It's a really charming 3D World clone, make of that what you will. I had a great time with it, but the plan was always to beat it and sell the disc afterwards.

Entroyp

No man's sky doing good at number 12. It wasn't even that cheap on the sale. They must be still making millions. Hopefully the updates keep coming and it keeps going well.

Why would he (whoever that is) say that?

Last edited:
Sackboy did better than I expected, which is excellent because it seriously deserves it but holy crap... Demon's Souls outsold Valhalla in the US/CA region?! That's insane. Surely Bluepoint acquisition is imminent after these stellar Demon's Souls sales and reviews.

Sackboy is a surprise to be this high.

Is the game good ?

It's brilliant, highly recommend! :)

Last edited:

gojira96

List:

US/Canada x EU
1Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles MoralesCall of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
2Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold WarMarvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
3Demon’s SoulsAssassin’s Creed Valhalla
4Assassin’s Creed ValhallaDemon’s Souls
5NBA 2K21 Next GenerationWatch Dogs: Legion
6Sackboy: A Big AdventureBorderlands 3
7GodfallNBA 2K21 Next Generation
8Watch Dogs: LegionSackboy: A Big Adventure
9Mortal Kombat 11Godfall
10Devil May Cry 5 Special EditionWRC 9 FIA WORLD RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP
11Borderlands 3Mortal Kombat 11
12No Man’s SkyNo Man’s Sky
13The PathlessDevil May Cry 5 Special Edition
14DIRT 5The Pathless
15ManeaterDIRT 5
16WRC 9 FIA World Rally ChampionshipPlanet Coaster
17Planet CoasterManeater
18Overcooked! All You Can EatObserver: System Redux
19Observer: System ReduxOvercooked! All You Can Eat
20Dead by Daylight: Special EditionPoker Club

v_iHuGi

Banned
List:

US/Canada x EU
1Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles MoralesCall of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
2Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold WarMarvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
3Demon’s SoulsAssassin’s Creed Valhalla
4Assassin’s Creed ValhallaDemon’s Souls
5NBA 2K21 Next GenerationWatch Dogs: Legion
6Sackboy: A Big AdventureBorderlands 3
7GodfallNBA 2K21 Next Generation
8Watch Dogs: LegionSackboy: A Big Adventure
9Mortal Kombat 11Godfall
10Devil May Cry 5 Special EditionWRC 9 FIA WORLD RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP
11Borderlands 3Mortal Kombat 11
12No Man’s SkyNo Man’s Sky
13The PathlessDevil May Cry 5 Special Edition
14DIRT 5The Pathless
15ManeaterDIRT 5
16WRC 9 FIA World Rally ChampionshipPlanet Coaster
17Planet CoasterManeater
18Overcooked! All You Can EatObserver: System Redux
19Observer: System ReduxOvercooked! All You Can Eat
20Dead by Daylight: Special EditionPoker Club

🔥

Woggleman

Who is buying GTA V that doesn't already own it? It's gaming version of Thriller or Dark Side of the Moon saleswise.

In fairness, it's literally the one single full paid exclusive on the system right now, so I imagine there's a lot of people justifying their purchases even if they're not the usual Souls fans.

Which is awesome, because it's a great place to start.

I always felt that DeS was the best Soulsborne game (alongside Bloodborne), so the fact that a lot of people will get to experience it now just warms muh heart.

Rolla

Banned
Demon's Souls

Top 3 In US
Top 4 In EU

54d2c94f3395822478b46bcb9b52751c.gif

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
In fairness, it's literally the one single full paid exclusive on the system right now, so I imagine there's a lot of people justifying their purchases even if they're not the usual Souls fans.

Which is awesome, because it's a great place to start.
This is me but I'm having trouble getting into the game.

It's gonna be in my backlog a while, since I didnt like it first try.. someday I'll get to it.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
This is me but I'm having trouble getting into the game.

It's gonna be in my backlog a while, since I didnt like it first try.. someday I'll get to it.

What is it that's putting you off, the general difficulty increase over other games, the backtracking when you die, or are you just not a fan of the combat?

IntentionalPun

What is it that's putting you off, the general difficulty increase over other games, the backtracking when you die, or are you just not a fan of the combat?
I love difficult games; including those that require timing / parrying / blocking and all that. But I prefer more... dynamic combat? Not sure if that's even the right word, but going through the same level over and over again that generally plays the same way every time to get to a boss I'm struggling to beat is not my idea of a good time... either is going through sort of maze-like levels that aren't particularly interesting. That felt like what I'd be doing a lot of playing this game.

It also just doesn't explain a lot of things, which is a type of "difficulty" I'm not a fan of.. and I just didn't have the desire to read a guide for the game.

Last edited:
I love difficult games; including those that require timing / parrying / blocking and all that. But I prefer more... dynamic combat? Not sure if that's even the right word, but going through the same level over and over again that generally plays the same way every time to get to a boss I'm struggling to beat is not my idea of a good time... either is going through sort of maze-like levels that aren't particularly interesting. That felt like what I'd be doing a lot of playing this game.

It also just doesn't explain a lot of things, which is a type of "difficulty" I'm not a fan of.. and I just didn't have the desire to read a guide for the game.

The best way I can describe Demon's Souls is kind of like the single player version of EverQuest. Or one of those cryptic movies that doesn't give you all the details of what is happening (Jacob's Ladder-ish?).

The mystery and the difficulty are what make these games; it may not seem like it right now (I felt the same way as you at first), but I swear - one day it just "clicks" and then you can't stop playing.

For me, I tried DS1, gave up. Picked up Bloodborne, ended up platinuming it and then beating DeS and DS1-3. Can't get enough now.

Oh, also, I'd argue the combat is more intricate and in-depth than any other game series - it's just somewhat hidden. There's parrying, blocking, dodging, and it all means far more than it does in most games. A missed parry or dodge or block can cost you 30 minutes, and you get better each time.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Wow, Demons Souls! So much for being niche.

Doesn't tell us much, Spider man could be 800,000, Call of Duty 700,000, and Demon Souls could be 50,000.
Considering Godfall is number 7.........
Also it's really the only new game for the PS5 that's console exclusive, niche or not it was going to sell some.

IntentionalPun

The best way I can describe Demon's Souls is kind of like the single player version of EverQuest. Or one of those cryptic movies that doesn't give you all the details of what is happening (Jacob's Ladder-ish?).

The mystery and the difficulty are what make these games; it may not seem like it right now (I felt the same way as you at first), but I swear - one day it just "clicks" and then you can't stop playing.

For me, I tried DS1, gave up. Picked up Bloodborne, ended up platinuming it and then beating DeS and DS1-3. Can't get enough now.

Oh, also, I'd argue the combat is more intricate and in-depth than any other game series - it's just somewhat hidden. There's parrying, blocking, dodging, and it all means far more than it does in most games. A missed parry or dodge or block can cost you 30 minutes, and you get better each time.
Yeah I'm gonna take another stab at it for sure. I still think there's a glimmer of hope I'll love the game.. but it does seem like a love it or hate it kind of game. There is no middle ground of just kinda enjoying it lol

v_iHuGi

Banned
Doesn't tell us much, Spider man could be 800,000, Call of Duty 700,000, and Demon Souls could be 50,000.
Considering Godfall is number 7.........
Also it's really the only new game for the PS5 that's console exclusive, niche or not it was going to sell some.

Benji is saying on Twitter that Spidey above Cod must mean gargantous numbers.

Sackboy is in the top 10 for both North America & EU for PS5

Sackboy is not even in the top 20 for PS4

PS4 install base is probably 50x bigger at this point.

Install base doesn't automatically mean more sales (one of the biggest misconceptions I read constantly)

Yeah I'm gonna take another stab at it for sure. I still think there's a glimmer of hope I'll love the game.. but it does seem like a love it or hate it kind of game. There is no middle ground of just kinda enjoying it lol

It's definitely not for everyone; but I also think anyone that puts in the time to understand it will love it. Good luck!

AV

Yeah, I feel you - I'm a huge Souls fan but you're not really wrong on anything there. The basic combat loop never really expands beyond rolling through an enemy's attacks so that you're behind him and hacking away. Sure, you can play with magic builds but honestly they're even duller, and ranged is... kind of a meme. And yeah, it's intentionally incredibly vague.

Souls took me a few attempts to get into, then once it clicked, I never looked back, but I'm also probably more forgiving of very repetitive combat than others due to being a WoW player. It's part and parcel.

Top Bottom