• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Please for the love of the wee man, stop with these 24 fps trailers...

Kuranghi

Nintendo just posted this overview trailer for 3D All-Star's SMG... at 24 fps:

giphy.gif

Like, what the actual fug are publishers/devs marketing departments smoking these days, this is how they market it? :pie_diana:

I'm playing SMG2 in 60 fps just now and then they release this "Console version of AC:Unity on launch day"-framerate video, not really making me want to spend the money + SM64 has barely any changes and SMS has gimped controls and is still 30fps.

I've seen this on quite a few youtube trailers uploads recently, has something changed with YT thats confusing people? I'm certain the source video was 60fps (corrected from -Arcadia- -Arcadia- , ta).

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Is it 30 FPS on Switch? I’m going to need to see a citation on that, because doubt.

Anyway, maybe 24 FPS (film standard) is a psych trick to make trailers look more cinematic?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Is it 30 FPS on Switch? I’m going to need to see a citation on that, because doubt.

Yeah, the reviews are out, check 'em. AFAIK it was never intended to go higher and these are essentially lazy emulations.

Kuranghi

Anyway, maybe 24 FPS (film standard) is a psych trick to make trailers look more cinematic?

You're right! Just saw this posted now:

Thats more like it!

edit - Just SM64 and SMS are still 30.

Last edited:
Top Bottom