• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Please recommend me some super upbeat, happy music! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Septimius

So, yesterday I had to do some pretty boring, repetitious work, but I did it while listening to Phoenix - especially Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix. It made the whole thing much easier, which got me thinking I should have more happy music. Like, super upbeat music, like Lisztomania.

I don't need super energetic music, it's not workout music. I'd love some loungey kinda happy music, much like the Disney remixes Pogo makes. I also love listening to prog, lounge and deep house music while programming. So feel free to recommend that, too.

My normal musical interests are The Album Leaf, Sigur Rós, Pink Floyd, Coldplay, Death Cab For Cutie, Miles Davis, Radiohead, Saxon Shore, This Will Destroy You (which I should get more of). Rock, postrock, mellow electronica - those would generally please me (so if you've got something you just have to share based on that, please do) - but now I feel I want to expand to the happy, upbeat realm, since it helps getting through the work-day.

Really appreciate it!

Tesseract

Banned
Benn Jordan - Safe Landing

enjoy my friend.

Pale Blue Dot: A Tribute to Carl Sagan is the first studio album released by Benn Jordan using his own name, instead of the various pseudonyms he generally releases his music under (predominantly The Flashbulb).

Jordan shifts away from his typical drill n bass style with an original and flowing ambient album paying tribute to the late scientist Carl Sagan. The album title is an homage to the famous Pale Blue Dot photograph of Earth taken by Voyager 1 from over four billion miles away.

daviyoung

Banned
This is highly subjective. So I'll do what I do in all cases like this and recommend anything by Dreadzone. Especially Captain Dread.

Septimius

:D

I actually have Super Jukebox that can play the native SNES sound-files, along with all my SNES games' music. The musician in me loves the super clean sound but most of all the ability to mute channels! :>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgBeu3FVi60

Daylight by Matt and Kim?

Not quite as good as phoenix though :)

Like these two, especially the Safe Landing. Working my way through the others :)

Septimius

Madeon - Pop Culture

Now, go have fun and dance. :D

I got a launchpad because of this video :)

Thanks for reminding me about Röyksopp. I have some of their CDs here at work, actually. And The Whitest Boy Alive is really happy music too. How can we let the album "Happy Songs For Happy People" slide by? Luckily they're all here.

I'll be listening to the Benny Hill Theme if I would want to imagine the boss chasing me around the office in a comical way. Still checking out all the things posted. Lots of good stuff here. Except that clown video. wtf.

I have nothing to contribute, sorry, but I want to say thank you for bringing my attention to these!

I was listening to the Alice one for days on end when I found it. That was back when Yooooutuuuuuube worked perfectly for it. Yesteday I found it. Heard it 30 times already

Septimius

Nice!
You my friend, need some Pleasure Impact
I most certainly do.
Goddamn, quoted myself instead of editing!

Animal Collective and Annuals!

And some Hellogoodbye if you are in THAT mood.
Thanks for these!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IT6ZCW98To
"Move Your Feet" by Junior Senior.

Junior Senior is very upbeat.

How very lo-fi. Awesome, though.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
The only album you'll ever need

iBA2sEE67MYaM.jpg

Daeda

My normal musical interests are The Album Leaf, Sigur Rós, Pink Floyd, Coldplay, Death Cab For Cutie, Miles Davis, Radiohead, Saxon Shore, This Will Destroy You (which I should get more of). Rock, postrock, mellow electronica - those would generally please me (so if you've got something you just have to share based on that, please do) - but now I feel I want to expand to the happy, upbeat realm, since it helps getting through the work-day.

Sounds like Battles might be your cup of tea. I love its post rock cartoon on LSD feel: Icecream

Also, I recommend Mew, Passion Pit, Goose, The Naked & Famous
, Two Door Cinema Club and one of my personal favorites TV on The Radio

And, and God is an Astronaut if you like postrock of course.

I mostly listen to upbeat peppy music. These songs are long stuck in my head since they released.

OneRepublic - Good life
Pumped Up Kicks song (even tho its talking about school shooting lol?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom