• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

JoeM86

Have Pokemon movies ever been released in Bluray in English?

Yep. The fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, fourteenth & fifteenth have

The fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh came in a combo pack of all four. America only iirc
61ONPwU6qTL.jpg

Fourteenth came in a dual release (both of the movies), but only came in Europe and Australia
pokemon-the-movie-14.jpg

Fifteen came in a single release, but again only in Europe and Autralia
RhriN6L.jpg

Not really...at least when it comes to games I don't like!

I was talking more in terms of a single purchase having the ability to show Nintendo that stuff like that isn't okay. Remember that the primary demographic (children) just buy because it has the word "Pokémon" on the box most of the time (a friend of mine who works at EB Games said that last July they had tons of kids coming in and trying to trade in Pokémon Conquest because they bought it on a whim and found it too hard/different.

I skipped B/W2 *shrugs*

You missed a lot of good stuff then.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Only movies 4-7 as a set, according to this: http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/dvd/movies.html

Interesting...

Yep. The fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, fourteenth & fifteenth have

The fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh came in a combo pack of all four. America only iirc
61ONPwU6qTL.jpg

Fourteenth came in a dual release (both of the movies), but only came in Europe and Australia
pokemon-the-movie-14.jpg

Fifteen came in a single release, but again only in Europe and Autralia
RhriN6L.jpg

I wonder if those release match bluray quality. Also I find it weird NA isn't getting the BW films.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Of course they match BluRay quality...they are BluRay...

Man I don't know how to articulate it XD

I mean, as in if the quality is good and not some shitty "stretched"/"compressed"/"poorly colored" rendition from a DVD to BluRay.

Kokonoe

Banned
Nuts to the dub, get the Japanese boxset: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B008CRWSVC/

Movies from Mewtwo Strikes Back to Zoroark: Master of Illusions, including all the shorts attached to the movie (aside from Pikachu & Pichu due to the narrator of it having been arrested for various drug charges). It's only £153...down from £256!

Are you kidding me? You're telling me there are Blu-Rays of the first two movies and they are Japan only? Dear Arceus.

-edit-

Do they have the anime as well?

I'm just glad that Blu-Ray region coding is much more simplified compared to DVD region coding - and the fact that my location shares BR region codes with North America means only good things.

JoeM86

Are you kidding me? You're telling me there are Blu-Rays of the first two movies and they are Japan only? Dear Arceus.

-edit-

Do they have the anime as well?

Japan hasn't seemed to have released the actual anime on DVD or BluRay. They had rental versions for a while, but now they just use Hulu

OK, kids, time to start up some arguments.

What are your favourite to least favourite games in the main series (including remakes)?

So basically that means ranking:

- Red/Blue/Yellow
- Gold/Silver/Crystal
- Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
- FireRed/LeafGreen
- Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
- HeartGold/SoulSilver
- Black/White
- Black 2/White 2

I'll figure mine out later.

What are your favourite to least favourite games in the main series (including remakes)?

- Red/Blue/Yellow
- Gold/Silver/Crystal
- Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
- FireRed/LeafGreen
- Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
- HeartGold/SoulSilver
- Black/White
- Black 2/White 2

This isn't going to end any way except badly.

My favourite is BW, and that's all I'm going to say.

LeleSocho

Banned

- Red/Blue/Yellow
- Gold/Silver/Crystal
- Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
- FireRed/LeafGreen
- Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
- HeartGold/SoulSilver
- Black/White
- Black 2/White 2

43dXYtL.gif

Call me boring but I honestly like each entry better than the last. And I'd still play RBY today. Well, if I hadn't already played them to death already.

Call me boring but I honestly like each entry better than the last. And I'd still play RBY today. Well, if I hadn't already played them to death already.

Sometimes there's a shelf life to a game, I suppose. When you've played something to death...

Have you ever thought of wiping saves?

You mean to start a new game and play through it again? I used to do that all the time. Stopped at the end of 4th gen where I started to get more fun out of building a collection of EV-trained pokes for online battle and completing the pokedex, rather than playing through the story again.

Kyzer

Banned
Gatewaymflashcart has already been blocked by the latest update and its not even out yet. Keep it up Nintendo.

Frost_Ace

- Red/Blue/Yellow
- Gold/Silver/Crystal
- Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
- FireRed/LeafGreen
- Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
- HeartGold/SoulSilver
- Black/White
- Black 2/White 2

BW just made impossible going back to the others. I still play them, mind you, but the battles feel so flat...so yeah, BW/BW2 are my favorite even if I think some older games exceed them in some ways, the battles are just better in the newest titles.

Firestorm

Oh man we have tweet embeds now! Also follow me on Twitter, PokeGAF:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/rushanshekar/status/348331216413536257[/tweet]

DaBoss

The true megaton is the spoiler button and the fact you don't have to highlight or hold the left button on the mouse to make it visible.

The megaton has been dropped.

I can not for the life of me find any good fan art on Groudon.

- Red/Blue/Yellow
- Gold/Silver/Crystal
- Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
- FireRed/LeafGreen
- Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
- HeartGold/SoulSilver
- Black/White
- Black 2/White 2

Also, way to easy.

HeartGold = Ruby > Gold > Black 2> White > Red > Diamond