• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Refyref

Gen V did have some jazz parts here and there, but not much of it. I'm guessing it's due to the combination of them spreading out the music styles in Gen V, and not wanting to retread on Gen IV's style.

injurai

Banned
Found this edit too

137177736222894klu.gif

this is what I thought of too xD

Somewhere in Africa

I'd like that. Also South America or Australia.

Wichu

Woo, got this year's exam results in! Hopefully X/Y won't ruin me next year...

There's usually an exam results thread in OT, right? Is it too early to start one?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have this weird urge to import a Haxorus and Regigas plush. But I feel like that'll be falling down a worm hole.

It's that or some of those little figures they sell at the Pokecenters.

Next region should be the Mall of America just to mess with everybody.

Woo, got this year's exam results in! Hopefully X/Y won't ruin me next year...

Well, Pokemon X/Y release on a Saturday worldwide so you should be able to marathon through the weekend so you can control yourself during the week. Just get any homework/studying that needs to be done by Monday on Friday evening. ;)

Macka

Any Pokemon card experts here? I bought some Pokemon cards off eBay to relive my childhood, but I'm not entirely convinced the cards are real. They are extremely well done if fake though, they look/feel real, and the holographic cards sparkle appropriately. What is arousing my suspicions is this:

The corners of a few of the holographics aren't rounded like the other cards like they haven't been cut properly. The borders also look a little bigger along certain sides, depending on the card.

A number of cards also have different shades of blue around the border on their backs. Also note the thicker border along the top of the card on the left side! These are two cards from the Fossil set.

Anyone care to put my mind at ease?

backlot

You should all play Hotel Dusk again. I'm assuming everyone has already played it at least once because you should have.

Frost_Ace

Haha, awesome. I love hotel dusk, and I just imported for Last Window. I know it's late but better than nothing.

I'm tempted to replay hotel dusk then move on to Last Window. Hopefully Kyle would return to Super Smash Bros again.

Too bad he won't return to our DSs again *cries*

Alchemy

Anyone else playing in the International Challenge? Already had my first two opponents disconnect on me when I was about to win. Starting to not feel like this is worth it.

Four straight disconnects, basically any time I set up an advantage my opponent DCs. Our community is pathetic.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Any Pokemon card experts here? I bought some Pokemon cards off eBay to relive my childhood, but I'm not entirely convinced the cards are real. They are extremely well done if fake though, they look/feel real, and the holographic cards sparkle appropriately. What is arousing my suspicions is this:

The corners of a few of the holographics aren't rounded like the other cards like they haven't been cut properly. The borders also look a little bigger along certain sides, depending on the card.

A number of cards also have different shades of blue around the border on their backs. Also note the thicker border along the top of the card on the left side! These are two cards from the Fossil set.

Anyone care to put my mind at ease?

They look legit, I dug my old Charizard holo out and it looks similar.

Gorramit. They should try harder than that.

I mean, seriously? A maple tree? The basic rodent should be a beaver, the Route 1 bird should be a loon, and there should be a powerful lategame moose Pokémon.

Also the first badge is the Trilium Badge.

Top Bottom