• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Gonna be great since I didn't really play the hoenn region.

However this also meand Gen 7 with the sinnoh remakes will be glorious

anigif_original-grid-image-29778-1389388548-8.gif

PBalfredo

Is Nintendo's preload service available for 3DS, or just Wii U currently? I want to get ORAS digitally, but trying to download Smash 3DS at midnight was an enormous pain because my download had constant interruptions.

Saiyan-Rox

Assuming all the reggies secret stuff is still there?

Remembering finding out about that years after playing (had no internet back then) damn I miss hidden stuff like that in games.

DarkKyo

If they take the design of Platinum but base the story content on DP, like they did with Emerald and RS for ORAS, the games will be amazing. Super interested to see what they'll do about Giratina.

The only new Megas are the ones officially revealed by Pokemon, sorry.

Really? I thought someone said in an interview there are other new ones that you'll need to explore the game to find. Wasn't that the case with X and Y? People were still discovering new mega forms a couple days after release if I recall correctly...

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Mega Torterra in 2017.

Grass/Steel, with his shell turning into a miniaturized city complete with little skyscrapers. :0

Don't even pretend that Platinum with faster battles wouldn't be godly.

Platinum is the best Pokémon game. It still sells at a higher price than XY or BW. Is Godtier.

relax
theyll surely speed up the battles in the remakes
right?

If they take the design of Platinum but base the story content on DP, like they did with Emerald and RS for ORAS, the games will be amazing. Super interested to see what they'll do about Giratina.

Wow, well, let me shed some light on why I didn't like what he said: the secret is, I never played Platinum, so my only experience is with Diamond and Pearl, and let's just say that it wasn't pleasant. But I'll take all your words on it, and hopefully the remakes will end up nice.

I've been playing for the last few hours, the dex navi feature is really awesome, I got a Poochyena that knows Fire Fang with no breeding needed!

X/Y's soundtrack was definitely the worst pokemon soundtrack. which is crazy coming off of B/W which has one of the best. But yeah OR/AS soundtrack is amazing.

XY's overworld themes were nice, but boy were the battle themes underwhelming. Vs. Xerneas/Yveltal was the only one I felt was up to the series snuff.

Wow, well, let me shed some light on why I didn't like what he said: the secret is, I never played Platinum, so my only experience is with Diamond and Pearl, and let's just say that it wasn't pleasant. But I'll take all your words on it, and hopefully the remakes will end up nice.
DP is pretty mediocre, Platinum is godly.

Watch Da Birdie

I like Platinum better than HGSS in fact.

One of the main reasons is the VS. Seeker, which made training so, so smooth. There were these great Trainers right near Pastoria that were perfect with high level XP Pokemon, but easy weaknesses.

HGSS had no Vs. Seeker, and with really limited Trainers, EXP. was hard to find. I never beat Clair, because there's like no good place to train except using the really weak wild Pokemon. HGSS removed a great feature, but hey, we got little sprites walking behind you so 10/10 best game ever.

Hatchtag

Banned
I like Platinum better than HGSS in fact.

One of the main reasons is the VS. Seeker, which made training so, so smooth. There were these great Trainers right near Pastoria that were perfect with high level XP Pokemon, but easy weaknesses.

HGSS had no Vs. Seeker, and with really limited Trainers, EXP. was hard to find. I never beat Clair, because there's like no good place to train except using the really weak wild Pokemon. HGSS removed a great feature, but hey, we got little sprites walking behind you so 10/10 best game ever.

Exp was hard to find because the game was poorly balanced due to being the most open in the franchise. You can go in several different orders. Because of this, everyones levels are fairly low, so you don't gain much exp and it kinda drags on. Its a big problem I have with the games and why HGSS/GSC are on the lower end of the series for me.

what's this about Gen 7 with the sinnoh remakes ?
We've had remakes almost every gen since they started in Gen III. Gen V didn't have any remakes, but judging by some things found in the ROMs it seems like they planned to do RS remakes in that gen but had to move on to the 3DS, so as long as Gen VII isn't on 3DS I think it's pretty likely that we'll get remakes that Gen. Gen IV is also important to a lot of people, for me personally it was the Gen that got me back into Pokemon and the idea of it being redone on the next Nintendo handheld makes me super excited.
We're talking about DPPt remakes now?
I hope the Distortion World makes it in!
They made a new story for Rayquaza in ORAS, so they'll probably do the same for Giratina and hopefully it includes the Distortion World. Then we can get Mega Giratina where it just turns into a horrid abomination, in a good way.

wmlk

Just wanted to say Platinum, Emerald, and HGSS are the best (in that order).

Unlike Kalos, Sinnoh had actual exploration and wasn't linear. In fact, Masuda changed Unova and Kalos by making them linear since kids couldn't finish Sinnoh because of how open it got sometimes.

So yeah, XY, step your game up.

Watch Da Birdie

I've been playing for the last few hours, the dex navi feature is really awesome, I got a Poochyena that knows Fire Fang with no breeding needed!

Huh? Explain this feature.

What can the bottom screen do? I really liked that TV function in the demo.

Hatchtag

Banned
May only tells you to come quickly when returning from route 103 in odale town in emerald iirc, yet she does it here too. This game is actually a remake of emerald. No excuse for no battle frontier now.

episode delta spoilers

zinnia is the new best pokemon character for open disrespect to steven stone

also lol is this really going to end up having you save the old hoenn from RSE

location of other starter megastones confirmed via Serebi
Route 114 there's a Stone Salesman:
Loneliness = Hard Stone 45000
Emotionless = Hard Stone 80000
Ebb = Swampertite 1500
Tears = Hard Stone 150000
Fading Fires = Blazikenite 1500

I started with Treecko so chances are Sceptilite will be there if you didn't

Crayolan

Episode Delta wasn't in Ruby and Sapphire either.
If anything you should make jokes about something comparable... like the Battle Frontier.

Assuming they use the Ruby/Sapphire story over the Emerald one in ORAS, I don't see why they can't use the D/P story over the Platinum one in those remakes.

May only tells you to come quickly when returning from route 103 in odale town in emerald iirc, yet she does it here too. This game is actually a remake of emerald. No excuse for no battle frontier now.

Birch only gives you Johto starters in Emerald. No excuses, Game Freak!

location of other starter megastones confirmed via Serebi
Route 114 there's a Stone Salesman:
Loneliness = Hard Stone 45000
Emotionless = Hard Stone 80000
Ebb = Swampertite 1500
Tears = Hard Stone 150000
Fading Fires = Blazikenite 1500

I started with Treecko so chances are Sceptilite will be there if you didn't

Are you forced to buy the stones in order?

So I'll need to pay 278000 to get the other two starter megastones?

Top Bottom