• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Assuming they use the Ruby/Sapphire story over the Emerald one in ORAS, I don't see why they can't use the D/P story over the Platinum one in those remakes.
ORAS uses a modified version of the RS story and then they made a new post game story for Rayquaza. They'll probably do the same for DP remakes and since Giratina has his own world it makes sense to include it in that story, hell they could even rewrite Platinum's climax into a post game story.

Joqu

Just wanted to say Platinum, Emerald, and HGSS are the best (in that order).

Unlike Kalos, Sinnoh had actual exploration and wasn't linear. In fact, Masuda changed Unova and Kalos by making them linear because kids couldn't finish Sinnoh because of how open it got sometimes.

So yeah, XY, step your game up.

Not that I'm not believing you but have you got a quote on that? I love how open Sinnoh was, it's so adventurous. :(

Luckily Hoenn was always great at giving you that adventure feel too so I'm really looking forward to this. The whole regi quest was so good. <3

cafemomo

I just heard the VS Frontier Brain song

1Xl3AfB.gif

Toxi

Banned
Wow, well, let me shed some light on why I didn't like what he said: the secret is, I never played Platinum, so my only experience is with Diamond and Pearl, and let's just say that it wasn't pleasant. But I'll take all your words on it, and hopefully the remakes will end up nice.
Diamond and Pearl are my least favorite mainline Pokemon games and Platinum is one of my favorites. It makes tons of fixes, including speeding up the battle system and fixing the barren Pokedex.

-Horizon-

Diamond and Pearl are my least favorite mainline Pokemon games and Platinum is one of my favorites. It makes tons of fixes, including speeding up the battle system and fixing the barren Pokedex.

I didn't hate Diamond as much as others but Platinum is definitely leagues better than Diamond.

yea guys if this was really rushed why the hell would alot of it be soo good
i suspect something must be up
i mean we meet FUCKING Pike Queen Lucy in the Battle Maison calling the chateliens a bunch of noobs

No character customization really kills me. I know it's awfully petty of me, but it really does. I'm sure when I have another pokémon itch I'll grab this.

-Horizon-

No character customization really kills me. I know it's awfully petty of me, but it really does. I'm sure when I have another pokémon itch I'll grab this.

I do miss character customization as well since Brendan looks like crap but I can't resist Hoenn...or Pokemon games in general. Game Freak makes weird obtuse decisions but they got me by the Palkia

-Horizon-

wmlk

Not that I'm not believing you but have you got a quote on that? I love how open Sinnoh was, it's so adventurous. :(

Luckily Hoenn was always great at giving you that adventure feel too so I'm really looking forward to this. The whole regi quest was so good. <3

Can't find the exact article I want, but this is a similar one.

"Another complaint Masuda had heard was that children were having too much trouble completing the main story of the game, and that they usually ended giving up. Along this line, the map was designed so that it would be a linear adventure and younger players wouldn’t get lost. Since most of the appeal of the game was what you did post-story, Masuda wanted as many people to reach that point as possible."

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2010/09/1...f-pokemon-in-black-white/#ZB0UfXJYm7XMPS2S.99

He said this during the development of Pokémon Black and White.

Toxi

Banned
Since the Delta Episode has a fight against
Deoxys
, does that mean there's a remix of it's amazing music?

one_kill

Still deciding whether I should pick this up today since I burnt myself out with XY
Definitely getting OR for my little brother

Joqu

Can't find the exact article I want, but this is a similar one.

"Another complaint Masuda had heard was that children were having too much trouble completing the main story of the game, and that they usually ended giving up. Along this line, the map was designed so that it would be a linear adventure and younger players wouldn’t get lost. Since most of the appeal of the game was what you did post-story, Masuda wanted as many people to reach that point as possible."

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2010/09/1...f-pokemon-in-black-white/#ZB0UfXJYm7XMPS2S.99

He said this during the development of Pokémon Black and White.

:/

Thanks, that's pretty lame. really enjoyed B/W but after two extremely linear generations in a row I've really started to miss gen IV's approach.

Cheebo

Banned
People talking about a D/P remake? Next is clearly going to be a FireRed/LeafGreen remake.

Technically with OR/AS now the Kanto games are the oldest games in the series. FR/LG are further in the past than the original D/P games. Not to mention they are the only ones now completely unplayable on 3DS.

FR/LG are older and more out of date games compared to D/P and are stuck on much older hardware than D/P. No question in my mind that the Kanto games is the next to be remade.

Confession: I never actually beat the original GSC's E4 without trading over mons because I always found the game to be too fucking hard towards the end. Beating the E4 with Pokemon in their low 30's was just too hard for 11 year old me.

Toxi

Banned
Confession: I never actually beat the original GSC's E4 without trading over mons because I always found the game to be too fucking hard towards the end. Beating the E4 with Pokemon in their low 30's was just too hard for 11 year old me.
Get a Pokemon with Ice Beam and you'll slaughter them. Will is the only real roadblock.

I find GSC very easy, though not as easy as 5th gen on. Certain Pokemon (Like Totodile, Geodude, and Abra) can solo most of the game with ease.
Goddamn.

Best legendary music ever.

wmlk

:/

Thanks, that's pretty lame. really enjoyed B/W but after two extremely linear generations in a row I've really started to miss gen IV's approach.

It's sorta funny since BW didn't have much to do post-game lol. You'd assume that would be an improvement going by what he said.

People talking about old pokemon stories, I remember when I was in school and everybody gave me their copies of Pokemon to clear, because they were lazy/couldn't finish it. I remember clearing Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver many, many times.

It's sorta funny since BW didn't have much to do post-game lol. You'd assume that would be an improvement going by what he said.

gazele

Banned
Still deciding whether I should pick this up today since I burnt myself out with XY
Definitely getting OR for my little brother

I'm in a similar boat

Loved BW generation, and mostly loved Y, but going through and playing X again has been pretty disappointing, I loved Gen 3 though, hope there's still the vs. recorder or whatever it was that lets you battle trainers over and over and they get stronger

wmlk

People talking about old pokemon stories, I remember when I was in school and everybody gave me their copies of Pokemon to clear, because they were lazy/couldn't finish it. I remember clearing Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver many, many times.

BW isn't the same as BW2 :p

Rnr1224

This was my favorite Pokemon game that I have played the most compared to the other games. So excited to get my old team back together. I must have beat the elite four at least 100 times grinding my team to lvl 100.

BW isn't the same as BW2 :p

Yeah, I understand, but I think it had more content than Y/X, for an example. Just IMO, of course.

On topic: bringing a couple of special guys of team (shinies, event pokes, etc) from X/Y to ORAS is like watching the second generation of a shonen manga, they are so overpowered that it gets funny.

Toxi

Banned
Is that trainer with a Milotic on the rainy route still a bitch?

Girl is up there with the Mt Moon Raticate grunt and the Furfou couple as the most randomly tough trainer in the series.

so i just saw the battle frontier tease on stream
goddamn, it'd be pretty fucking cruel if they don't deliver on that, lol

Though... they show the Battle Tower on the model, but... wouldn't it be redundant, with the Maison already in-game? Definitely seems like it won't be coming for this game, and rather will be showing up in the next Pokemon game, imo.

Also, in regards to Episode Delta:
that was anime as fuck, lol. the music that kicks in when you take off on rayquaza, goddamn

-Horizon-

so i just saw the battle frontier tease on stream
goddamn, it'd be pretty fucking cruel if they don't deliver on that, lol

Though... they show the Battle Tower on the model, but... wouldn't it be redundant, with the Maison already in-game? Definitely seems like it won't be coming for this game, and rather will be showing up in the next Pokemon game, imo.

Also, in regards to Episode Delta:
that was anime as fuck, lol. the music that kicks in when you take off on rayquaza, goddamn

Hearing what you said about Delta makes me really excited to get to that point once I get the game.

Top Bottom