• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokimane is leaving Twitch

Draugoth

Gold Member
1472558779.0.jpg
Imane “Pokimane” Anys is leaving Twitch exclusivity in a move she’s called “the end of an era.” Anys teased the move in a post on X Tuesday: “Twitch has been my home for a decade..,” she wrote, “but it’s time to say thank you for all the memories and love during my League, Fortnite, & Among Us days.” The message immediately spread on social media as people started to ask: But where is she going?

Anys is not resigning her Twitch contract, meaning she’s free to stream wherever and whenever she wants. On her podcast, don’t tell anyone with pokimane, she went over the details of exclusivity contracts that mandate how much and where a broadcaster will stream. “Although these contracts were made in a way that is great for peace of mind and feeling like you have a safety net as long as you stream a certain number of hours, they do put you in this headspace of prioritizing streaming versus how good the content actually is,” Anys said. It also takes away from effort into other platforms, she

Source

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
A female Twitch game streamer is leaving twitch because it doesn't pay like it should, or used to. A lot of folks are leaving twitch because of that. YouTube does it better (that money part)... Not sure how many YouTube game streamers there are.

SJRB

Gold Member
A female Twitch game streamer is leaving twitch because it doesn't pay like it should, or used to. A lot of folks are leaving twitch because of that. YouTube does it better (that money part)... Not sure how many YouTube game streamers there are.

Bottom line is these people don’t bring in enough money to justify those mega contracts. There’s a reason Twitch stopped spending millions on keeping the “talent”.

The notion that a streamer is akin to Messi or Ronaldo and requires multi million dollar deals to bring in people and sponsors is ridiculous and perverse. Especially on twitch where the real moneymaking is banned (18+ stuff, gambling).

Congrats, you just spent millions on someone who plays Valorant like three hours a day for 15k people. Good luck on your ROI.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I thought these streamers were on mega bucks? At least the top 1%. Did they ever see raw cash?

It sounds easy but could I fuck be arsed streaming all the time trying to exaggerate stuff to make me more watchable. Work is bad enough but that sounds like literal hell.

Had to reverse search to confirm, this is actually a photo of her.
make up and face filters work wonders.

Twitch has been bleeding money and they probably gave her a low ball offer. She probably makes more money licensing her face onto overpriced junk. She knows her simps will buy anything. Just look at those cookies.

Kenpachii

Twitch is not renewing any contract because they are bleeding money. She probably thinks she can force a contract by doing this but twitch don't care.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Ok I’m sure she has a lot of money saved up and is set for life so I feel no guilt saying.

I Dont Season 8 GIF by Friends

I’ve no idea who she is and wouldn’t recognise her if she walked past me in the street carrying a sign saying I’m pokimane.
My reaction would be
Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

Bye Bye Peace GIF by Cappa Video Productions

Last edited:
Bottom line is these people don’t bring in enough money to justify those mega contracts. There’s a reason Twitch stopped spending millions on keeping the “talent”.

The notion that a streamer is akin to Messi or Ronaldo and requires multi million dollar deals to bring in people and sponsors is ridiculous and perverse. Especially on twitch where the real moneymaking is banned (18+ stuff, gambling).

Congrats, you just spent millions on someone who plays Valorant like three hours a day for 15k people. Good luck on your ROI.
Are we including Kai Cenat in this rant or is he the one asterisk?

SJRB

Gold Member
Have you seen the numbers he pulls in?

Even with 90,000 subs, how is giving him a multi-million dollar contract a good investment? Do you know how long he has to keep those numbers up for Twitch to just break even? If he deletes his channel Twitch loses 90,000 x 2,50 per month, which is chump change compared to the millions they would have to pay him to just be on the platform. That's not even factoring in Prime subs.

After 11 years Twitch is still hemorrhaging money. Paying streamers millions of dollars (or even hundreds of thousands) just to stream clearly isn't a winning strategy, and it never was.

I just checked, Pokimane has 1,500 subs. 1500! Why would that warrant a fat contract?

Last edited:

Majormaxxx

She's probably already rich. Also she will soon be 30 and she won't be able to pull off the school girl look. So good time to diversify. Smart move.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I don't care about streamers I never will. But I have never said I want to go see This actor or that person. As an Omega male on a message board, I don't care about celebrities. I would rather farm.

Saber

Gold Member
Isn't she the one who blames men for that and call everyone bigot or little pervet boys or something?

Top Bottom