• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Politico: Trump surprised that government can’t be run like his business, aides say

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still trying to decide if this is better than the one where Trump was going "where's Rudy Giuliani? Where is he?" and Rudy starts speaking and the camera pulls back to reveal he's literally sitting directly across from Trump.
I just watched that one and the comedic timing of the camera is perfect. It couldn't have been done any better if it were planned.
Got a link to this video?

10qwbd.jpg

mozfan12

Banned
With so many people in his cabinet not having any political experience, including the idiot himself, this amateur hour will just continue till he hopefully gets kicked out. It's just straight incompetence.

I'm still trying to decide if this is better than the one where Trump was going "where's Rudy Giuliani? Where is he?" and Rudy starts speaking and the camera pulls back to reveal he's literally sitting directly across from Trump.
Do you have a video of this? It sounds like a Parks and Rec scene.

Ms.Galaxy

Bahahahahaha!

You guys said that during the Dumbya Years, and you guys ended up outdoing yourselves.

Way to go!

Man, it took us and Obama 8 years to get some decent respect from the global community after the embarrassment that was Bush, and Trump just undid it all in less than a month. I don't think we'll ever recover from this, we'll always be known as the country that had Donald Trump as their president.

Long may it continue.

My only fear is that they somehow work out the kinks in their evil-death policy machine.

Even if he has the best of interests for the country, there is so much catching up to do in laws, policy, etc that by the end of 4 years, he himself will wonder if he wants to do it again another 4. Also, neither he nor anyone else really, simply didn't expect the WH to be so leaky. Alot of falling in line was truly expected and the result couldn't be further from the truth. In 4 years everyone will painfully have learned a big lesson from all this. The country will be fine but we will be damn humbled politically....

Obama rolled with the punches and came out with so many white hairs and exhaustion. Imagine what this is gonna do to Trump? Howard Stern was right.

Lord Fagan

Does Trump always try that jerk handshake?

I'm seeing it a lot, too. I think it might have to do with the fact that the guy is a germaphobe that actually has very little experience with something as trivial and human as a friendly handshake.

wutwutwut

I can't get over how fucking huge his ties are ever since that SNL sketch. It's so true.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/10/opinion/the-ties-that-blind.html

...Mr. Trump’s symmetrical but overlong tie stands out like a rehearsed macho boast, crass and overcompensating. In past eras such posturing could be unlawful: The overstuffing of one’s codpiece, for instance, was considered such an affront to public order in Renaissance England that offenders were forced to march through the streets with their stuffing pulled out — their deception exposed for all to see.

The whole article is worth reading.

This is why leaks will continue. He never blames himself and as a result he very likely, almost certainly berates others around him. You only take that for so long before you say screw it. That doesn't command loyalty, respect or trust.

Exactly. And it won't matter who he brings in or how many he replaces, sooner or later he'll piss enough people that the leaking will start again. The best he could ever hope for was to reduce the amount of leaks temporarily, but he has no hope of ever stopping leaks.

They're only a symptom. The true cause is the man at the top. He commands no respect, he destroys morale, he's infuriatingly bad to work with.

Tovarisc

On 10th this was tweeted:
@realDonaldTrump
LAWFARE: "Remarkably, in the entire opinion, the panel did not bother even to cite this (the) statute." A disgraceful decision!

What Donald didn't realize was that he was making ass out of himself, again.
I've been thinking about this sequence of events all day—and it's a disturbing one, albeit in an amusing and harmless context:
  • The President saw a single line of an article on a television show.
  • He tweeted that single line with apparently no idea who the author was or what the publication was, and indeed without reading the rest of the article.
  • Nobody in the White House vetted the tweet to discover the readily apparent fact that the article in question sharply criticized the President and supported the decision about which he was angrily complaining.
  • Nobody warned the President that the article was written by an author who had written numerous other articles ungraced by pleasant words about him—indeed, an author who has been calling him a threat to national security for nearly a year.
  • Nobody warned the President that the site he was about to praise has had a great deal of such writing by other writers as well.
https://lawfareblog.com/thoughts-strange-day—and-very-strange-presidential-tweet

TheOddOne

The president, who is obsessive about looks and appearance, even was unhappy with a Saturday Night Live parody of a Spicer briefing, partly because the combative press secretary was depicted by a female comedian, Melissa McCarthy. After it aired, Spicer had proposed cracking a joke about the send-up during his next briefing, or even firing a squirt gun, as McCarthy had done in the sketch. Trump vetoed the idea, according to one person briefed on the matter.
- CNN: Sean Spicer isn't finished.
Three weeks after the inauguration, the only things adorning the White House press secretary's shelves are a framed picture of himself at the podium, a book on Naval Special Warfare (he's in the Reserve), and a Super Soaker commemorating the infamous "Saturday Night Live" skit in which he, played by an enraged Melissa McCarthy, berated reporters while dousing them with soapy water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom