• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Poll: Is the PS5 ugly?

Is the PS5 ugly?

• yes, also my beer will slide off.

Votes: 608 57.3%
  • no, i want to get with them curves.

Votes: 454 42.7%

• Total voters

LOLCats

Banned
Save the white only on release, what do you think of the design?

Personally i am not much for curvey technology designs and i had hoped we were past that after the ps4s.

it wont prevent me from getting one, but i wish they would just made it 90 degree angles with otherwise the same design.

maybe its cultural taste differences, but i have seen mostly negative opinions from north american gamers, does anyone know what the reaction has been to the design by japanese gamers?

1juQVi0.jpg

wyb1Fn8.jpg

Last edited:

Esca

I like the look of the ps5 and xsx, though i wish the ps5 was black. The xss on the other hand, ugh

Last edited:

Flintty

I’m definitely not a fan of how it looks. Not that looks would ever inform my purchase decision for a console. But yeah it’s fugly as sin.

Esppiral

Save the white only on release, what do you think of the design?

Personally i am not much for curvey technology designs and i had hoped we were past that after the ps4s.

it wont prevent me from getting one, but i wish they would just made it 90 degree angles with otherwise the same design.

maybe its cultural taste differences, but i have seen mostly negative opinions from north american gamers, does anyone know what the reaction has been to the design by japanese gamers?

1juQVi0.jpg

wyb1Fn8.jpg

Looks even uglier in black, of that's even possible.

Dev1lXYZ

Both of the next gen consoles look terrible. The PS5 looks like the old Vaio team got ahold of it, and the Xbox Series X looks like a fog machine from Spirit Halloween.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Who cares how it looks are you gonna play games or look at the console
Some people care about the design of their living rooms.

Of course it's not really important but... Come on, how have they messed up their dessign this much? The ps4 is simple, pretty, and like most electric shit you have in your living room, it's black, which makes it elegant and doesn't stand out.

noise36

Objectively the biggest and ugliest console ever made, 45% voting no is just Sonygaf.

Can you even imagine if MS put out something as big or poorly designed aesthetically? The two-tone is like the disgusting icing on the cake.

Full disclosure, have a jet engine pro and have already pre-ordered a PS5.

Last edited:

tillbot8

Banned
This is only this site I've seen that there is a consensus that it is very ugly. I think it looks totally different and really awesome. I never cared that the Xbox one was big or the PS4 was small? Didn't bother me in the slightest?

Hunnybun

The DE looks better, but I couldn't say it's actually a nice design.

Has to be one of the ugliest consoles they've made.

The Xbox consoles are ugly this generation, too, though. Maybe 'ugly' is in this year.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I'm kinda fond of Sony's wacky designs, especially those intended to be stood vertically.

Top Bottom