• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post a picture of yourself, if you dare...

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
lucious lyon wtf GIF

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
You know your form is off if you are doing this much damage to your shins, right? You are likely too far back and your hips are too low. Just some friendly advice from a fellow deadlifter.

Thanks.

There's lots of advice floating around, as you know.

I'm using Alan Thrall's advice as my approach.

I have bumpy shins anyways from skateboarding and banging my shins.

Pls dont tell me my form is off. I take great pride in my form overall lol.

#KaiGreene

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Doesn't men usually fuck the tighes when the woman is not fully on board?

Never heard about shin banging before.

You rape women and fuck your thighs?

You never skateboarded or drunkenly banged your shin on the living room table etc?

Raven117

Thanks.

There's lots of advice floating around, as you know.

I'm using Alan Thrall's advice as my approach.

I have bumpy shins anyways from skateboarding and banging my shins.

Pls dont tell me my form is off. I take great pride in my form overall lol.

#KaiGreene
Alan Thrall is great! Are you videoing yourself? I found my form both in squats (Im a terrible squatter, but have started to finally figure it out after months) and deadlifting exponentially improved once I was able to see what I was doing. The cues then made so much more sense.

Maybe it is just an anatomy thing, but if that is happening to your shins to that degree every time, something is off.

Post a form video in the fitness thread!

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Alan Thrall is great! Are you videoing yourself? I found my form both in squats (Im a terrible squatter, but have started to finally figure it out after months) and deadlifting exponentially improved once I was able to see what I was doing. The cues then made so much more sense.

Maybe it is just an anatomy thing, but if that is happening to your shins to that degree every time, something is off.

Post a form video in the fitness thread!

First of all sorry for my tone of my initial post.

Secondly, hmmm perhaps I will.

Also when doing RD I can isolate and incorporate my lower back much more rather than normal DL's.

And about the form comment. I take pride in isolating muscles and those to the work. But DL's are new to me so even though in my head I repeat every step by step set up; i could still be off point.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Raven117

First of all sorry for my tone of my initial post.

Secondly, hmmm perhaps I will.

Also when doing RD I can isolate and incorporate my lower back much more rather than normal DL's.

And about the form comment. I take pride in isolating muscles and those to the work. But DL's are new to me so even though in my head I repeat every step by step set up; i could still be off point.

Thanks!
No worries dude! Maybe mine was off as well. Definetly video yourself. I have found its damn near impossible to know EXACTLY where you are when you are doing the complex movements.

Remember, DL's are not isolation exercises. That are the anti-isolation exercises. If you don't post here, there are plenty of places on Reddit (like Starting Strength Reddit) that you can post form videos and get feedback. Maybe its all well and good. But man...it just seems strange to get that banged up.

Kenpachii

Well done man! Auto ongeluk????

No clue what happened, cops told me car was getting chased, went on walking area of a road i was probably walking on and hit me from the back. they found me in a ditch.

1 month before that, i had a car accident tho, some guy drove on the wrong side of the highway and parked his car into mine at full speed, luckily i could dodge it on the last second, but still hit my car on the side where i sat on, his car was ripped apart on the side, mine front side but where i sat was perfectly fine. So lucked out on that.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
JsCz85O.jpg

Bulking season is here! Still recovering from my achillies injury but have the green light now for leg days. Here we go!

Enjoy! I can't lift for 8 weeks due to a recent operation. Hence those pics. Learned a lot though. Have fun Mikey.

Top Bottom