• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post something that you really enjoy, please.

kiiltz

kiiltz kiiltz I hope those are tears of joy. I don't understand the context.
Yeah, I'm sad, but at the same time, I'm really happy that something could make me feel that sad. It's like...It makes me feel alive, you know. It makes me feel human. The only way I could feel this sad now is if I felt something really good before. So I have to take the bad with the good. So I guess what I'm feeling is like a beautiful sadness.

Barsinister

Banned
Yeah, I'm sad, but at the same time, I'm really happy that something could make me feel that sad. It's like...It makes me feel alive, you know. It makes me feel human. The only way I could feel this sad now is if I felt something really good before. So I have to take the bad with the good. So I guess what I'm feeling is like a beautiful sadness.

Near the beginning of "Moby Dick", Ishmael is tucked snugly in his bed. He is thinking on how without the coldness of the night air he could not possibly enjoy how perfectly comfortable he is experiencing. It's the existence of one thing that makes one appreciate the other. In other words, I enjoy "Moby Dick".

rt8AgC0.png

Barsinister

Banned
Richard Packer Richard Packer

I am not one to tell tales out of school, but I think you may have a problem.

sa·dism
/ˈsāˌdizəm/
Learn to pronounce

noun

1. the tendency to derive pleasure, especially sexual gratification, from inflicting pain, suffering, or humiliation on others.
    "beneath the apparent loving concern she had glimpsed spite and sadism"
I don't judge.

haxan7

Banned
Richard Packer Richard Packer

I am not one to tell tales out of school, but I think you may have a problem.

sa·dism
/ˈsāˌdizəm/
Learn to pronounce

noun

1. the tendency to derive pleasure, especially sexual gratification, from inflicting pain, suffering, or humiliation on others.
    "beneath the apparent loving concern she had glimpsed spite and sadism"
I don't judge.
He’s happy because he can get all his daddy’s attention now

-Arcadia-

Banned
I got one of these recently

m7UdgEY.jpg

Like most Alexa things, it doesn’t get used a tremendous amount, but... it’s really nifty. I think having something the size of a small alarm clock that can seriously kick out music, answer all kinds of questions, and show me unsolicited Coronavirus doom news and videos at all times of the day, is kind of cool.

DESTROYA

I got one of these recently

m7UdgEY.jpg

Like most Alexa things, it doesn’t get used a tremendous amount, but... it’s really nifty. I think having something the size of a small alarm clock that can seriously kick out music, answer all kinds of questions, and show me unsolicited Coronavirus doom news and videos at all times of the day, is kind of cool.
Don’t forget also lets google record and listen to all your conversations for weirdos to spy on you.
I wish I can listen to Arcadia fap.
See

-Arcadia-

Banned
Don’t forget also lets google record and listen to all your conversations for weirdos to spy on you.

See

Totally. Well, Amazon, but yeah. I was aware of it.

I don’t know. In a world where I’m constantly having to walk away from cool things because of stupid politics being hamfisted in, or flat-out things that are bad, I just kind of wanted to enjoy something this once. That came out kind of frustrated, but it’s true. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Plus, if you have a tablet or a decently advanced phone, you’re already carrying around a far-field hot mic with privacy issues, and most of us are doing that. That, and I suppose that if we mic our own houses, and control the mics, it’s better than the world governments doing that on their own. That’s my rationalization anyway.

DESTROYA

Totally. Well, Amazon, but yeah. I was aware of it.

I don’t know. In a world where I’m constantly having to walk away from cool things because of stupid politics being hamfisted in, or flat-out things that are bad, I just kind of wanted to enjoy something this once. That came out kind of frustrated, but it’s true. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Plus, if you have a tablet or a decently advanced phone, you’re already carrying around a far-field hot mic with privacy issues, and most of us are doing that. That, and I suppose that if we mic our own houses, and control the mics, it’s better than the world governments doing that on their own. That’s my rationalization anyway.
It’s nice but a creepy nice but I usually walk around the house like this

1B5D4jg.jpg

I love my child. I love video games. I love sports.

I love noticing all the little dots connecting everything in the form of synchronicity. These little whispers from the universe always say, "I see you there." to me. And they happen to me ALL THE TIME. (Actually to everyone, but once you start noticing, you can't stop seeing.)

I love not dying of the corona. :p

I actually like that the world is getting a good shakeup. Not that I wish suffering/death upon anyone, of course. I'm always just strangely energized by crisis. I'm weird, I know. I feel like Gaia is attempting to heal herself and we can heal with her or she will do what she must.

Here's a youtube clip that I still love after all these years

MilkyJoe

Beer

Really belting female singing

Barbecued chicken

Fucking

Watching metal bands

Pre-Disney Star Wars

Bond movies

Scuba diving

Playing guitar

Cats

My friends

My bank balance - means I never have that worry ever again. Don't get a credit card, kids.

The Maldives

Indian restaurants.

Looking at tits.

teezzy

Banned
Barsinister Barsinister that's a very cool video. What else can you tell me about this? The one from your OP.

-Arcadia- -Arcadia- I've fully submitted to a Google Home ecosystem. I own the standard Home, a Mini, and a Max, in addition to two Chromecasts. I cant get enough! I listen to Spotify, Sirius XM, the news, podcasts, and stream Netflix, Youtube, HBO and Hulu to my TVs all with voice commands. I check the weather, ask dumb questions, set alarms and timers, etc.

Lord help me if I get a Ring doorbell, Nest thermostat, or Philips Hue lights. Let Google record me, my smartphone probably does already
and I'm not saying anything worthwhile anyway.

But okay yeah, I've been watching Asian movies lately...

meditation is something I've recently been smitten with.

very useful stuff, you learn to pick apart your own thoughts and try to be more mindful of how you interact with people and how you treat yourself going forward.

it's a skill that you build over time, hopefully through daily implementation.

it doesn't have to be, but it can be, you sitting in a dimly lit room with only some candles and sitting cross-legged on a cushion and humming and whatever else. for me I simply sit upright in my chair with a respectable posture, breathe normally, softly shut my eyes and try to focus on things like what interactions I've had recently or things I plan to do that day and start picking apart my more extreme emotions and question did I respond as best as I could. the goal isnt to eliminate stuff like anger or sadness, it's to make sure what I'm feeling or felt fuels into something constructive. I was surprised at how much little stuff I would let get to me and a big realization for me was that a lot of it was simply my own manufacturing.

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

I enjoy watching movies I guess. Finally got some free time to sit my ass down and rewatch some classics.

u0Zgw4t.jpg

Quick FYI the Last Jedi is as far from a Classic as you can get. It's the most destructive and costly production decision in cinematic history.

As you were.

Top Bottom