• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post something that you really enjoy, please.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I believe it’s supposed to be a qtip
giphy.gif

Barsinister

Banned
I believe it’s supposed to be a qtip

I feel like I am in the joke, "How do you keep a moron in suspense?"

Terence McKenna
Terence Kemp McKenna (November 16, 1946 – April 3, 2000) was an American ethnobotanist, mystic, psychonaut, lecturer, author, and an advocate for the responsible use of naturally occurring psychedelic plants.
Trippy!

Skateboarding

It's always been fascinating how skateboarding goes in and out of popular culture over the decades, but the loyalists keep the flame burning.

I've been watching this guys video often. Not just console cleaning/repairs - but bunch of old stuff too. I find it mildly relaxing and satisfying - and perhaps I would try something similar in the future... salvage junk and make it anew.

I will sit with my wife and watch similar videos. The silent ones are best in my opinion.

I've been watching this guys video often. Not just console cleaning/repairs - but bunch of old stuff too. I find it mildly relaxing and satisfying - and perhaps I would try something similar in the future... salvage junk and make it anew.

I actually just discovered this guy's channel a few days ago. It's interesting - I had no idea that the GB/C/As were that simple. Makes me want to try backlight modding a GBA.

I love how in one vid he electrolytically cleaned rust off of a cast-iron pancake pan with salt. He even showed how the electrolysis produces hydrogen and ignited some of it as it evolved and bubbled. It reminded of when I taught some idiots way back in my middle school chemistry class how to produce hydrogen from hydrochloric acid and zinc, and they filled an Erlenmeyer flask with hydrogen and blew it up. Good times.

Scotty W

The writing is so tight, and listen to how well the score matches the music. An archetype dislodged itself from eternity, and sits neglected on dailymotion.

Kagey K

Banned
Kung Fu movies (Most specifically Shaw Bros movies) but I’ll take 80s schlock like JCVD or American Ninja If backed into a corner.

Last edited:

Barsinister

Banned
Watched it a billion (exaggerated) times.

True story. As a bunch of dumb kids, my friends and I met this other kid who said his uncle was a ninja. Said he had trained with said uncle and knew all of the techniques. He would be willing to train us in the art of the ninja, if we were disciplined enough. We spent a whole summer having this guy train us to be ninjas. After a while we caught on and..I think we went to war with him. Lots of memories.....

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
SCTV long form specials. I especially like The Towering Inferno

SCTV was a ritual for us as it was shot not very far away. I think for a while it was more popular then SNL (at least in my circle of friends) and we didn’t know it was made in Edmonton.

Kagey K

Banned
True story. As a bunch of dumb kids, my friends and I met this other kid who said his uncle was a ninja. Said he had trained with said uncle and knew all of the techniques. He would be willing to train us in the art of the ninja, if we were disciplined enough. We spent a whole summer having this guy train us to be ninjas. After a while we caught on and..I think we went to war with him. Lots of memories.....
So he wasn’t your Mr Miyagi I take it.

Kagey K

Banned
I had a crush on her in Community, they ruined her with Glow a bit, but she is still cute as fuck.

Also ”The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh” (1977) If you can get through that without cracking a smile, you might as well be dead.

Last edited:

Barsinister

Banned
Top Bottom